The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bruma

nemesrichard
nemesrichard
✭✭✭
So I would like to buy Deadly set but I have no character in the faction that owns Bruma. Maybe I am mistaken but it seems I have to make and level up a character only to have something every faction should be able to get? Faction restricted vendor? Awesome game design.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 23, 2023 1:29AM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are mistaken. You can buy Deadly from guild traders for gold, or spend AP at the Bruma town vendor. You should see 3 flags in the town that you can change over to your alliance. Once you capture the town, the vendors become friendly. If the main campaign is too busy, maybe try an alternative with less action.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could flip the town as intended?
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are able to buy it still. Your faction just has to capture the town.
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could capture Bruma ;) There are three flag points there in the town, you need to defeat the guards and stay there at each one until the enemy flag goes away and your own gets hoisted there instead. Watch out for enemy players as they may dispute your attempt to capture the town!
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    capture the town.

or wait until someone else on your side captures the town.

or buy it from guild traders.

or level a new character and also wait for someone on your side to capture the town.
    Edited by SpacemanSpiff1 on May 22, 2023 4:57PM
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on time of day and which one you go to.

This morning I logged in (PSEU) and EP had Bruma in Ravenwatch. DC had it in Blackreach.

This afternoon AD had it on Gray Host
  • nemesrichard
    nemesrichard
    ✭✭✭
    Jack-0 wrote: »
    Or you could capture Bruma ;) There are three flag points there in the town, you need to defeat the guards and stay there at each one until the enemy flag goes away and your own gets hoisted there instead. Watch out for enemy players as they may dispute your attempt to capture the town!

Thank you for the advice but I dont think I can defeat everybody single handedly to get there and capture it alone with not really good armor sets.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go to a map that is already strong in your color, making sure you already have AP to spend, and just ask for help. "Hey AD can I get help taking Bruma real quick? I'm new and i'd like to use the vendor." Most the time PVPers will help you. Just don't ask if it involves like a huge run and multiple keeps lol, as you will have less chance.

As AD it can be hard to get there, but i have definitely ran that town tons of times for things. Help is always there. If your on PsNa AD i'd be happy to help you.
    Edited by bongtokin420insd16 on May 22, 2023 5:41PM
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for the advice but I dont think I can defeat everybody single handedly to get there and capture it alone with not really good armor sets.

Try earning some gold in PvE, then using that gold to purchase Deadly Strike from a trader. The major trading hubs should have it, and less popular spots may have deals. You can also use a keep recall stone to get to it in Cyro anytime you notice your side has it.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Capturing the quest hub towns is more of a PvE endeavor. There can be PvPers but usually it’s just one or two at a time, if anyone.
    But yeah, most deadly items are pretty cheap in traders. Less than 3k, even.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking how to purchase something in game.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    DID SOMEBODY SAY BRUMA ?

*shares Lost and Alone*
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mods really should read threads before moving, this is a PvP thread. lmao
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

While I totally agree that this is a valid tactic, Bruma is really close to Fort Dragonclaw so whatever faction is holding FDC can get to you very quickly once they see Bruma is under attack. If you are trying to take Bruma solo, you should be at least decent at 1 v X, because you are going to get visitors.

The armor is pretty inexpensive at guild traders, but the weapons are not. Its better to roll the dice at Bruma with AP on the boxes.