The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Furnishing packs seem to be intentionally incomplete

Rageypoo
Rageypoo
✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanted to vent a little bit of frustration that I'm sure I am not alone in. If you look at the loading screens of certain housings, it is clear they have those items available in a crown store furnishing pack, however the items are always missing something from it, which would normally be fine if they were items that you could get separately from a recipe or even from a lux furnishing, however these items are locked behind the pack itself, and their requirements to fulfill the pack consist of sometimes 3 or more purchases of the same pack.

The most recent coldharbor pack for example, has 2 cages on the loading screen, however the pack only comes with 1 cage, despite having 2 shriven that you can place inside of it. There are also missing floating shards that cannot be purchased in the housing editor, meaning you would have to buy x3 4500 crown packs just to get the same items listed in the loading screen. Why is this a thing? Why are some items available for individual purchase on the crown store (albeit for a huge premium over the pack) but some are outright locked unless you purchase multiple packs? Is this greed or are the packs not very well implemented? This is not the only pack that has this lack of completeness, but is something that is available currently so it's easiest to point out.

The frustration is further exacerbated by the customer support team that cannot seem to help, or rather they tell you they cannot help when they actually can, they just usually don't. It leaves me dumbfouned because they must get requests about this very issue constantly and haven't rectified it. Do they really expect players to essentially pay hundreds of dollars just to flesh out an incomplete furnishing pack?

What are your experiences regarding this issue, do you feel the same or am I wrong here? Appreciate the input, thanks!
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 20, 2023 3:37AM
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rageypoo wrote: »
    Do they really expect players to essentially pay hundreds of dollars just to flesh out an incomplete furnishing pack?

Yes, they do. This is a way for them to generate revenue, and no amount of complaining or wishing is going to change it. It's unfortunate but that is the case when the game moves from being about telling an awesome story and entertaining people to generating revenue.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on May 18, 2023 9:34PM
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, what is it Support could do here? They don’t have control over marketing decisions, and while a few years ago they were quite liberal in what they allowed players to purchase individual items outside of what was available publicly, they seem to have seriously clamped down on that practice. And even when Support did sell individual items via tickets, it was always with a caveat that it was a courtesy, not a regular sales mechanism that we should expect to be available at any given time.

Are you thinking that they should pass this on to the marketing team? Or sell the individual items directly upon request? It would help me to understand a little better if you could explain what you’re expecting from them when they say they can’t help (meaning they are either literally unable or - possibly more likely here - not allowed to do what you’re asking).
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why sell items in one pack if people are willing to pay for 3?

Seems to be a common practice in online games. I also play Fallout 76, and they have a tendency to release lots of cool stuff in bundles only, or they first release a bundle, and some weeks later SOME, but not all single items from it.
    So you always are in conflict "shall I buy NOW for 1400 atoms with a guarantee" to get it, or wait a month and maybe get this nice planter for 400 atoms, but maybe not?

Such tricks bring additional profit - or none at all if they exaggerate it, I meanwhile am so disgusted by such practices that I rarely buy anything in general meanwhile. I don't like to be cheated, pretty simple.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, asit deals with crown store items.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post