The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyrodiil Xbox EU completely unplayable

Poss
Poss
✭✭✭✭
The lag in Greyhost is a joke. Even when it’s not pop-cap no one can get skills off, deploy seige, mount up and constantly freeze and rubber band around the keeps. At one point we were all just emoting with EP on the back flag because nobody could do anything. You can’t blame the event because like I said, the severs weren’t even max at times and the lag is still there.

Sent a ticket and received the standard templated reply offering troubleshooting. Funny how everyone in my guild, everyone in zone chat and the various discord servers I’m in all complaining about this must have issues with their internet too.

Edit: the event is over, we’ve had one day maintenance and it’s still unplayable to the point now that nobody is online. The server is dead. Thanks
Edited by Poss on May 26, 2023 4:34PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was solo taking resources yesterday evening away from the zergs and still felt the huge lag and delay in skills etc
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I was solo taking resources yesterday evening away from the zergs and still felt the huge lag and delay in skills etc

Yup we eventually gave up and went down into IC but the lag was still there with 1 bar DC, 0 bar AD & EP. Something has happened last couple of days with the servers because it’s never been this bad in all the years I’ve played
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Servers are completely broken....at the Moment nothing works...Rollback, delay and all the Things make PvP unplayable.
    Xbox EU Server X'ing, Small Scale PvP, Ballgroup PvP

PC EU X'ing, Small Scale PvP
  • Wuduwasa13
    Wuduwasa13
    ✭✭✭
    It’s horrendous. The fact that the company gladly takes subscription money off us and toots the crown store in front of us whilst leaving cyro in the *** state it currently exists in is *** disgusting.
  • Lazarus9703
    Lazarus9703
    Soul Shriven
    Probably the worst I have seen the servers in PvP last night.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fighting one person out in the open. No one around. As soon as combat started, we were lagging like crazy.
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS claim it’s the server with the least issues so it’s lowest priority for upgrades. Maybe that’s true, but it’s also probably the lowest populated server that still experiences the worst of the problems.
  • Aardappelboom
    Aardappelboom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I did Cyro twice at the sart of the event, then went back to BG and IC, it's just unplayable at this point, even during this event, there's no fun in it at all.
  • BetterAtChess
    BetterAtChess
    ✭✭
    XBox EU PVPer here. I agree Cryodiil has been *completely unplayable* for the last 2 days, even when the pop cap isn't reached.

I'm used to the usual lag, but this is unbelievably bad, you can't even attempt to play unless you enjoy mashing buttons in the hope that a skill might occasionally fire.
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its broken is simply a broken product which is just crazy after all these years its always going downhill
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭
    When you think the game has hit rock bottom, ZOS surprises you and hits new lows.

But what can you expect really? Zero communication and an almost deafening silence from the Devs.

The only way to change it is to not pay for ESO plus and not buy the DLC and really make a point of it, but the majority of players who complain keep feeding money into the game and make no noise about these issues on the forum or with tickets.

The performance is absolutely disgusting though. It is unacceptable in normal prime times, like the worst lag and performance I've ever seen on a game. However, these last 2 days I didn't think it was possible to be *this* bad, but it is.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbox is sold far less often in germany than Playstation, and germans make up quite a large portion of players on european ESO servers.
    This may explain why xbox EU is pretty dead, and certainly not a good source of profit for ZoS.
    So they focussed on the other servers first for the hardware-upgrade.

I play xbox EU and NA, the difference in cyro is like night and day since the upgrade.
    EU terrible lag, NA feels almost like PVE, just small lag spikes that may be caused by playing from germany.

I really can recommend to start at least one character on NA, as the gaming experience there is very different in general. PVP is more vibrant, as you have more players, so you don't always see the same players.
    PVE is much more relaxed, as you rarely have to solo a worldboss. Playing EU meanhile requires to have some masochistic tendencies ;)
    Edited by markulrich1966 on May 19, 2023 2:45AM
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    State of Play Last two days

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/29YMGKERZM

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/9X55V2HSVW
    Here is nothing Just npcs.

No more words need.

Edited by Arrow312 on May 19, 2023 6:58AM

• WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mansquito wrote: »
    When you think the game has hit rock bottom, ZOS surprises you and hits new lows.

But what can you expect really? Zero communication and an almost deafening silence from the Devs.

The only way to change it is to not pay for ESO plus and not buy the DLC and really make a point of it, but the majority of players who complain keep feeding money into the game and make no noise about these issues on the forum or with tickets.

The performance is absolutely disgusting though. It is unacceptable in normal prime times, like the worst lag and performance I've ever seen on a game. However, these last 2 days I didn't think it was possible to be *this* bad, but it is.

I haven't paid for a single things for the last 18 months. And yes we all should unsube. The moment they have PVP playable I will invest. I have paid hundreds of euro's in the years before for a degrading product makes zero sense.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We don't habe the Numbers on X EU that's the reason why we don't have new Servers yet. And im Not Sure that we get the Servers for the next Event.

Even in PvE i Just See the Same names. As Long as ppl buy this crown crates to get the apex mounts and the other stuff nothing will Changes.

• Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I’ve come to the realisation that they simply do not care about their playerbase. The templated replies to my ticket assuring me that my internet and/or router was the cause of my lag in Cyrodiil are just ridiculous. I would respect them more if they simply put their hands up and confessed their servers are trash but plan to upgrade them soon. How hard is it to just be honest??
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They always say it is my connection, so this is BS. I only have internet problems with eso any other game works well. They will never say oh hey you are right the servers are trash, because they dont blame their own Company. I pretty sure they now it.

If they are honest many players will leave and stop paying...simple as that. When you sell a car and know it is sh... you will never say the buyer dont buy it. same here.

• ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with Cyrodiil.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    So ZOS acknowledges my forum thread enough to move it but won’t address its content? How can you justify this level of lag in a multiplier game in 2023?
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to know If there any new informations about the Servers for X EU. I think this Game cant handle another MYM Like the current one. More and more are leaving and don't will Comeback.

• Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭
    [snip] This isn't normal lag, there is something wrong with the server clearly.

Even at the gate with total 4 bars you can't cast skills.

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 26, 2023 2:26PM
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Sent a Ticket and they told me put the Video links into the Forum because someone Look there. GG Just Tell me we don't Care and it is OK.

• BetterAtChess
    BetterAtChess
    ✭✭
    Mansquito wrote: »
    Even at the gate with total 4 bars you can't cast skills.

This is my experience as well.

I logged in (briefly) yesterday morning when each faction only had 2 bars. Unplayable. Even at the gate my skills would not cast. Last weekend in contrast it was reasonably playable even when pop locked. Something seems to have broken during the week.

• Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there are a Lot of Trash Data at the Server which slows the Performance because after Maintaince it is a little Bit better.

• Groterdan
    Groterdan
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed worst lag ever.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance today and nothing has changed. [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 26, 2023 2:22PM
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Problem is that we have to do all the stuff again Research and so on, that's the reason why i don't move to NA i don't want to Spend a Lot of time Just to Play PvP "normal".

• BetterAtChess
    BetterAtChess
    ✭✭
    Yep, same here, the maintenance did nothing, and XBox EU is unplayable for me. Before the event it was fine provided I avoided peak times.

My options now are re-grind characters on the NA server or move on. I chose the second one.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    My options now are re-grind characters on the NA server or move on. I chose the second one.

Judging from what a lot of people were saying in zone chat today think a lot of people are gonna be moving on. Even people in the Xbox club I’m in are considering
  • Arrow312
    Arrow312
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the next step is to move on. Re Grind is No Option for me and they want that we Switch the Account easily so NA.

We don't get an answer to our questions not Here or in German forum all we got is we don't know.if it is going in Like this the EU is the First they shut down