The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What's your favorite silly quest?

Auberon1983
Auberon1983
✭✭✭
Meaning nothing serious, just silly, lighthearted fluff.

For me, it's "Goblin Marq" on Stros M'Kai. Guy gets drunk on his own home hooch and thinks he's a goblin. Quest takes maybe 5 minutes to complete, but always gets a chuckle out of me.
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on May 18, 2023 3:37AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any quest involving Sheogorath.
    PCNA
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are many funny quests, but I hardly ever remember them.

Recently did the right of theft(Manthir's debt) quest in greenshade. I always make him marry her, as I'm a sucker for love. Very funny outcome!

Also love all the stibbons quests, where he is messed up and gets more messed up after solving the quest. Goblin stibbons, statue stibbons, etc.

PS: The one puzzle I can't solve, the reaper's march color puzzle. I can never keep the brother alive.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    While this quest is not my favorite, it was an interesting change of pace. I believe it is located in Auridon, in Skywatch, the quest involves racing frogs at a frog race track. It was kinda fun, and a interesting way to slow down from the pace at work and into game immersion.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Lady Laurent / Stibbons quest in Murkmire :D:D
    Argonian: Relax your cloaca.
    Stibbons: Uh... I don't have a cloaca.
    Argonian: GET OUT!
    Stibbons: I don't feel so good. *POOF* *Turns into egg*

That got a blurt-laugh out of me.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Hoarfrost Downs quest in which one usually takes the poetry option.
  • Credible_Joe
    Credible_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    The quest in Murkmire in the Bright-Throat village. Not the main locale quest that flips the map icon to completed; the side quest at the bonding ritual.

"Why won't the suitors come out for the ***?" hang on, I'll ask them.

> He's dead. What? No one killed him, he was just old.

> They confiscated the stuff I stole. I won't go down until I have it back.

> I lost the present my partner gave me, and now I'm just not feelin' it.

Peak Elder Scrolls.
    Thank you for coming to my T E D talk
  • Paralyse
    Paralyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite one by far is Kinlady Ilunsare in Summerset. The quest is called "Obedience Issues."
    You help the Kinlady find her missing dog, which ends up being
    found at a nearby tomb, mourning the loss of the Kinlady's dead husband. Her deadpan reaction when you return to her with her missing dog and break the unfortunate news to her regarding her husband's untimely demise is absolutely hilarious.

Dringoth the Skeleton's questline in the Bone Orchard. All of his lines are funny, but some of them are truly epic:

The Vestige: "Whose bones do you inhabit?"
    Dringoth: "No idea! Some dead Elf from another era. Probably won a war, lost a war, or refused to fight in a war. You know how it goes with these things."

The Vestige: "All right, let's go."
    Dringoth: "Charging off like Fildenir Blood-Drunk, eh? Don't expect me to lend a hand. Perhaps a rib will do?"

All of Sereyne's questline in Northern Elsweyr.

Narsis Dren's quest in Vvardenfell, particularly if you
    choose to leave him in the hole inside of the tomb.

Paralyse, Sanguine's Tester - Enjoying ESO since beta. Trial clears: vSS HM, Crag HM's, vRG Oax HM, vMoL DD, vKA HM, vCR+1, vAS IR, vDSR, vSE
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quest on Bleackrock with the bosmer, cracks me up each time.

Also the Augur on Summerset and skeleton in Grahtwood quests...
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons and Narsis Dren are always good for a laugh.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While this quest is not my favorite, it was an interesting change of pace. I believe it is located in Auridon, in Skywatch, the quest involves racing frogs at a frog race track. It was kinda fun, and a interesting way to slow down from the pace at work and into game immersion.
    There is also a lizard racing quest above the Bergama town in Alik'r Desert.

Ohw, another funny quest is a delve quest in Rivenspire, after which you carefully tell the woman her husband is dead... her reaction is priceless. Not sure which quest it is, but she(the turn-in) is in the very center of the main town behind her house.

PS: Dringoth and the Augur should become companions!!
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's one in Eastmarch (I think?) where you need to hunt a particularly agile rabbit. The Nord who always seems to be losing his clothes is also good for a laugh.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anything with sheogorath

anything with stibbons/lady laurant

anything with cadwell

dringoth is fun, and so is razum dar
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running around doing stuff for Rose just to make an appointment with meg and her raiders. When Rose could have made the appointment without the stuff she made me do and collect, dang it.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are so many silly quests, Blackwood Vunak delve quest 'In Need of a Bath' is perhaps one of the more frivolous. Vvardenfell Gnisis Egg Mine questline is also rather silly. Of Stibbons quests the Blackwood "An Abundance of Stibbons" is my favorite, it throws away any pretense of realism for stupid trivial puzzle. (And apparently it's also one of the most hated.) Also joy of exploding chikens in Shad Astula questline.
    Edited by rpa on May 17, 2023 2:46AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first playthrough Grahtwood, I wanted to know all sides of the story, and talked to a Flesh Golem... except I didn't talk to it, I put a dead boy into it by mistake. He was not happy at all.
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Fetish

One of my favorite silly quests is one that many players never find, due to the quest giver being in a hidden location (in the rocks above Softloam Cavern in Stonefalls). He also doesn't have any sort of quest marker over his head because he's a normal merchant, which means a lot of players will just ignore him even if they do run across him. On top of that, you have to buy a certain unique item from him, then use it from within your inventory to even trigger the quest. I'm someone who pokes my nose into every single corner of every single zone, have been in game pretty much daily since early access 2014, and I still somehow missed finding this quest until a couple years ago. I know it's because I originally played Stonefalls as an AD doing Cadwell's Silver before One Tamriel, when I could get killed easily by vet trash mobs, so I didn't explore EP zones as thoroughly as easier zones. But I'm still dismayed I missed it for so long.

It's very short (like, about five minutes short), rather ridiculous, and requires no actual combat that I can recall. No spoilers, so I'll just say it's about someone who REALLY wants to meet a Daedra.
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on May 17, 2023 4:13AM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Fetish

One of my favorite silly quests is one that many players never find, due to the quest giver being in a hidden location (in the rocks above Softloam Cavern in Stonefalls). He also doesn't have any sort of quest marker over his head because he's a normal merchant, which means a lot of players will just ignore him even if they do run across him. On top of that, you have to buy a certain unique item from him, then use it from within your inventory to even trigger the quest. I'm someone who pokes my nose into every single corner of every single zone, have been in game pretty much daily since early access 2014, and I still somehow missed finding this quest until a couple years ago. I know it's because I originally played Stonefalls as an AD doing Cadwell's Silver before One Tamriel, when I could get killed easily by vet trash mobs, so I didn't explore EP zones as thoroughly as easier zones. But I'm still dismayed I missed it for so long.

It's very short (like, about five minutes short), rather ridiculous, and requires no actual combat that I can recall. No spoilers, so I'll just say it's about someone who REALLY wants to meet a Daedra.

Oh! I don't think I've ever done this quest. Thanks for explanation.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Listening to Narsis Dren squeal while I deliberately press the wrong wall buttons is my absolute favourite.
    PC EU
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This side quest always made me laugh: The Barefoot Breton (in Rivenspire)
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The "Nothing to Sneeze At" quest, given by Tilenra Sildreth in Suran, Vvardenfell.

It wasn't decimated by AwA, so you can still get the quest rewards on a per-character basis; one of which is
    the "Sir Socks's Ball of Yarn" furnishing.

I have LOTS.

YRqSazc.png

Edited by Grizzbeorn on May 17, 2023 1:09PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • rpa
      rpa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The quest Sweet Rotmeth Brew at Stitches, N Elsweyr is also short and silly. You likely find quest starter keg and journal while doing Dragons at northeast of map south of Star Haven wayshrine.
    • Carcamongus
      Carcamongus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Too many to pick a favorite.

Dringoth's quest, one of the few I repeated on a second toon. That skelly should definitely become a houseguest. Pretty much anything involving Rigurt and Stibbons (particularly his Blackwood quest). The Clockwork City storyline quest in which you help the Blackfeather Court beat some rivals in the junkyard. The N. Elsweyr one involving Gordon the Guar (it's on a farmhouse near Rimmen). Oh, and the Blackwood daily involving Vunalk: every now and then I link the bog dog dung in zone chat and offer to sell it for some outrageous price.

Least favorite silly quest: Galen delve daily that requires me to post tour handbills all over a place full of very hostile - though somewhat merry - Maormer. With ideas so brilliant as advertising tours for dangerous pirates, I won't be surprised if Savage Systres files for bankruptcy anytime soon.
      Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
      "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    • joergino
      joergino
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dringoth's quest, one of the few I repeated on a second toon.

Agreed. That's most likely the only quest all my characters on all my accounts have done and any future characters are very likely to do it, too. :)

• Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'm going with the All Flags Curse. Lady Laurant's dialogue is so out of character for reasons and the ending is hilarious. Good for Stibbo.
    • LannStone
      LannStone
      ✭✭✭✭
      Also the Naked Nord quest in Deshaan (claims a witch stole his clothes)
      BTW, the humorous quests and often-unexpected funny dialogue were what made the earlier chapters of ESO so much fun
      It seems each new chapter gets less humor, does it not?
    • Castagere
      Castagere
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Take your lumps quest Southern Elsweyr
    • ZOS_Phoenix
      Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic (Quests and Exploration, as the topic is regarding quests specifically).

Thank you for your understanding.
      Staff Post
    • 16BitForestCat
      16BitForestCat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      spartaxoxo wrote: »

Oh! I don't think I've ever done this quest. Thanks for explanation.

No problem! When I stumbled across this quest, I posted it to my gaming group, about 30 people. Literally not a single one of them had ever heard of or done it. I even had two different quest marking addons installed, and neither one had this quest added. Makes me wonder if there are any other unmarked quests I've missed....

I didn't even find this quest through the game itself--I found it through a series of coincidence and search engine research. Back around 2020, I randomly had a memory of reading a gaming news article during a 2013 ESO beta, where the writer mentioned buying an item from a merchant that triggered a quest. I couldn't remember ever having done a quest like that, so I wondered if that content still existed in the live release. I don't recall what I searched for next, but after some time, I found a social media thread where someone mentioned stumbling across the quest on their early-days Pact character, and posted the name of it. Which I then looked up on UESP, and here we are. I love game secrets as much as the next player, but I'm not entirely thrilled that I had to go outside the game to even know of this one's existence. It might have been different if my main had been EP instead of AD, and Stonefalls had been my early-content zone. :)

(Oh, look, yet another thread moved to die. :/)

EDIT: Not gonna make a new and off-topic comment to address this, so I'll just say it here. To vsrs_au: it's already been pointed out to your rude reply that the reason why we have "stop moving threads" posts is because it's a long-proven standard that threads moved off General Discussion die out quickly. I use the Recent tab myself, but it looks like many or most other people don't even know Recent exists or what it's for. So they only check General and miss discussions happening in other categories.

And, by the way, not only was your response rude, it's also completely wrong. :) As proven by this very thread. Why don't you take a look and observe how there was an active on-topic discussion here...which ended the moment a mod moved the thread to another category?
      Edited by 16BitForestCat on May 28, 2023 8:48PM
      PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
      If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
    • LannStone
      LannStone
      ✭✭✭✭

Moved to Quests and Exploration?
      Lol, I never even knew that was a category :)

Edited by LannStone on May 20, 2023 1:41AM
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      LannStone wrote: »

Moved to Quests and Exploration?
      Lol, I never even knew that was a category :)
      That complaint's getting a bit old. Every single forum I've ever used on the internet has had multiple categories, and I've had no trouble browsing through them. I regularly browse through more than 10 different categories in this forum, and it doesn't affect my ability to keep up with the latest threads.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390