The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rewards of the Worthy PVP gear rewards?

LannStone
LannStone
✭✭✭✭
Does anybody actually use any of these?
I don't recall seeing any of them in the recommended PvP builds
Edited by ZOS_Icy on May 16, 2023 2:01PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I deconstruct them to add to my item sets (and for the crafting materials), in case I want to use their appearance at some point.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they add new sets every so often, so it's possible that the guides you're looking at predate some of those sets.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they don't even make it to my inventory, they get auto deleted with an addon, I've collected most of the items so I don't bother
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I think they add new sets every so often, so it's possible that the guides you're looking at predate some of those sets.

I mainly check the standard popular guides that say they've been updated since the very latest patch.
    I still haven't seen any of these pieces recommended anywhere for actual use - which doesn't make them much of a "reward" :)
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well some pieces I've seen while deconning are from sets I've seen PvPers complain and call nerfs for. I guess someone must use em.
    Edited by rpa on May 16, 2023 4:20AM
  • YetAnotherLinuxUser
    YetAnotherLinuxUser
    ✭✭✭✭
    maras balm is used in pvp isnt it? that comes from those coffers you mentioned
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use them while leveling new characters but that’s about it. Otherwise I only used a couple sets briefly here and there. There were some good sets that were nerfed later.
    Edited by AScarlato on May 16, 2023 5:23AM
  • carolingnight
    carolingnight
    ✭✭✭

Yeah. I'm not much of a PvPer, but from what I've seen, Mara's Balm can make you--especially wardens--insanely tanky.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LannStone wrote: »

I mainly check the standard popular guides that say they've been updated since the very latest patch.
    I still haven't seen any of these pieces recommended anywhere for actual use - which doesn't make them much of a "reward" :)

I just decon it all and add it to my stickerbook if I hadn't already collected it, like I do all other gear.
    rpa wrote: »
    Well some pieces I've seen while deconning are from sets I've seen PvPers complain and call nerfs for. I guess someone must use em.

Yeah, I was going to say something about that, but then I thought better of it because I didn't know which sets might have been mentioned in the guides. But Dark Convergence for one generated a lot of discussion in these forums back when it came out, although I suppose it's been nerfed since then?
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭

Good point on Mara's Balm :)

But Dark Convergence for one generated a lot of discussion in these forums back when it came out, although I suppose it's been nerfed since then?

Another good example - I remember all that raging :)

So we have at least Mara's Balm and maybe still Dark Convergence worth something in the rewards
    Thanks
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rallying Cry is a very good and popular set.

Dark Convergence is still very powerful despite the nerfs and is still one of the must-have sets for 'bombers'.

Pretty much every PVP'er went for Mara's Balm when it first came out and despite 3 rounds of nerfs, has remained extremely strong and popular not just in PVP but for tanking in PVE too! It is due to be nerfed yet again so its popularity will drop off a bit I suspect, but its been a good run!

Those sets plus a few interesting non-meta sets have been used in many pvp build videos, so despite some completely pointless ones, there is a fair selection of potentially desirable PVP drops from Rewards of the Worthy.

Edited by Rowjoh on May 16, 2023 7:07AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that the best PvPers probably tend to keep their precise builds-- including the sets used-- a closely-guarded secret, in which case the PvP build guides might not "tell all."
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    Rallying Cry is a very good and popular set.

Dark Convergence is still very powerful despite the nerfs and is still one of the must-have sets for 'bombers'.

Pretty much every PVP'er went for Mara's Balm when it first came out and despite 3 rounds of nerfs, has remained extremely strong and popular not just in PVP but for tanking in PVE too! It is due to be nerfed yet again so its popularity will drop off a bit I suspect, but its been a good run!

Those sets plus a few interesting non-meta sets have been used in many pvp build videos, so despite some completely pointless ones, there is a fair selection of potentially desirable PVP drops from Rewards of the Worthy.

rally and dark convergence dont drop from rewards of the worthy anymore, they were rotated out
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. What everybody else said.

As for the newest sets-- it seems like Snake in the Stars was nerfed before it made it live and as such I don't think many people use it. Shell Splitter, same, I feel like there's no big fuss about it but that doesn't mean it's bad it's just niche against people that block a lot.

Personally I have plans on making a stamsorc using Judgement of Akatosh but I haven't gotten around to it yet because I'm enjoying Midyear Mayhem in Ravenwatch.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mara's Balm and Dark Convergence are strong and commonly used PVP sets. Knight Slayer, Coward's Gear, and Wizard's Riposte can make you some decent money in the guild trader. Spell Strategist is still a great set that I think people sleep on.

I'm sure the dozen or so others have some utility, but I just sticker book them and move on