The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ready Checks and other group elections fix request

IsJustaGhost
IsJustaGhost
✭✭
The way group elections are handled creates for a horrible experience when used.
I know this is true for gamepad mode but, have heard similar complaints about keyboard mode.

When group elections are firing, if the player is trying to type in chat, trying to type any word containing the letter used in the keybind to Confirm or Deny will cause an unintended Confirm/Deny.
I know in gamepad mode this normally happens while trying to manage inventory or perhaps while working on a trade with another player, since the dialogue displays if not on HUD.

Fix requested:
  1. If ZO_GetChatSystem():IsTextEntryOpen() then the dialogue should queue up until it's no longer active to prevent unintentional Confirm or Deny.
  2. For every time the ready check is sent/updated it should not close and reopen the dialogue, to prevent it from spam-opening.

I've made an add-on to combat this but, it cannot queue up the dialogue to open later. Doing so would cause "Attempt to access a private function from insecure code" error when the user Confirms or Deny. As such, it prevents the spam and from it taking over when trying to type in chat but, the dialogue will only open if it's past the cooldown set from the last one that tried to open.
https://esoui.com/downloads/info3637-IsJustaReadyCheckTamer.html
But, I would rather delete this add-on and have this functionality of the game improved.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 16, 2023 3:31AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about group elections.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    Apparently this is a known issue.
    "We're aware of the problem and will fix it. It's not supposed to behave like that."
  • IsJustaGhost
    IsJustaGhost
    ✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's about group elections.

Thank you for your understanding

But how is it "Dungeons, Trials & Arenas" when it's more of a bug report? Actually, since (ZOS) DanBatson told me "It's not supposed to behave like that", it is a bug.