The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Error 307

freezinggrey
freezinggrey
✭✭
A few friends keep getting booted from the server at random moments and get the Error 307 notification. They've never gotten it before this week and yet it seems to be happening to quite a few people suddenly. Is there a fix to this on our end besides having to wait 15-20 minutes before logging in again?

Best Answer

• Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    I keep experiencing this bug. The article recommended by @ZOS_Bill is not pertinent -- the servers are not down and attempts to relog do not result in an Error 304. I agree with @freezinggrey -- this is a problem that I have never experienced before and am suddenly experiencing on a daily basis. It is, I assume, related to the new log-in delay when changing servers (which is still, unbelievably, flagged as an error by the game, rather than accurately described as an intended feature). It is possible that I lost my internet connection for a moment, resulting in getting kicked from the server. Any attempt to relog is resulting in the 307 error. Please actually investigate rather than merely assume it is covered by the article cited.
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    Twice so far this evening.
  • Dan8236
    Dan8236
    ✭✭
    Same here. Then I start getting boot from server messages. I just keep trying until it eventually lets me back in. Takes up to 20 times. Pretty annoying.
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    absolutely in agreement with this, it is not pertinent as it keeps happening fairly often and this is in addition to the "ESO just hangs" issue introduced with the same patch
  • Gegensmith
    Gegensmith
    ✭✭
    I've experienced this three more times since last posting. From the way the announcements at the bottom of the screen stop scrolling, I think it may be that I'm losing internet connection briefly. Once the announcements start scrolling again, I try to relog. Then I get internal error message. At that point, I'm quitting the game and steam and relogging both of them (to make sure that it's not a problem with steam not being connected). Then I get the booted from server message for a while.

It seems increasingly likely to me that this problem is arising as a result of the most recent changes made to the 'change server delay'. I have noticed that there is no longer a delay requirement when switching from NA to EU or vice versa. Instead, this is happening when staying on the same server but needing to relog. Whether it is the game kicking me out or my internet connection being lost for a moment, I don't know. But it shouldn't require a delay of several minutes to get back into the game on the same server. If we are in the middle of group content, that kind of delay is disastrous.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone who continues to receive this error making the game unplayable, please go ahead and open a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Having already opened a ticket and the ONLY response being:
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    For information on a 307 error, please see this article. If you attempt to log back in right away, you will receive an Error 304. There is not a fix beyond waiting a few minutes.

I must then ask, what's the point of opening a ticket? This has happened to me twice now this week and a 15-20 minute wait is making me nostalgic for the three minute wait between server logins. Not ideal. The performance of the game has been suffering for me during the same period. Audio skipping and prolonged load in of NPC's. Is there a connection? Who knows? I know the only connection for me is a pervasive sense of disinterest.
    Gegensmith wrote: »
    ...From the way the announcements at the bottom of the screen stop scrolling, I think it may be that I'm losing internet connection briefly...

This is also something that seems to happen periodically, and seeing posts in various places that others have had this issue off and on for YEARS now is very interesting. I also reported this in my ticket.
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Displaced_Salad

What is your current ticket number?
    Staff Post
  • Displaced_Salad
    Displaced_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @Displaced_Salad

What is your current ticket number?

230514-003326

Same issue has occurred three more times since this submission
    Edited by Displaced_Salad on May 26, 2023 4:37PM
    I_CraftwithPntButter: 2023 is the year your supposed to be doing better , remember ? Advice for the future : com·mu·ni·ca·tion (noun)the imparting or exchanging of information or news.KlauthWarthog: Well, they can definitely measure fun on their spreadsheets, otherwise they would not be able to nerf it so consistently.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting this error lately and it is account specific and server specific when it happens.

I will suddenly get kicked from the server and get a bunch of different error codes (307, 103, 201) when trying to log in. When I change to another account or another server I have no issues. Switch back, same issue until I wait 5-10 mins. Very annoying.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been reporting a raise on ping and I'm now getting Error 307 too.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7880352

[Snip]

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on June 7, 2023 5:07PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Displaced_Salad

Please check your forum inbox for an update.
    Staff Post