The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No-Proc Battlegrounds/CP Battlegrounds

Mrtoobyy
Mrtoobyy
✭✭✭✭
I think it would be awesome to have these two modes to chose from.
Battlegrounds if my favourite PVP mode cause it's the most "plug and play" compared to IC/Cyrodil. Cyrodil is ofc the most fun when it works and you find people.

Battlegrounds is kinda weird cause it's Proc but no cp. I would love to try No-Proc Battlegrounds/CP Battlegrounds as the title says.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on May 6, 2023 3:12AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i used to like the no cp cyro, when they made it no proc too i stopped playing there cause its so boring

if they did add cp to battlegrounds i think most people would probably says that it would make unkillable groups/players even more unkillable, and stuff like deathmatch would be further stalemated at the high end

i find it unlikely they would change BG unless it affects all BGs because they already wont go for separate queues for those who like DM only, or really any specific mode
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Auberon1983
    Auberon1983
    ✭✭✭
    The issue I see with champ points BGs is there is a marked difference between CP 25 and CP 2,500. ZOS could make a minimum requirement of, say, 160+ CP, but then that leaves the under 160 but above level 49 crowd in limbo. This would serve only to further fragment BGs, and likely put people off of them more than many already are. Then of course, what about those of us well into champ points but on level 10-49 alts?

No Proc, however, sounds pretty interesting. I actually love no proc/no cp Cyrodiil (even though it's usually dead on Playstation NA). I would definitely play a no proc BGs, though I can't see it being very popular.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want cp battlegrounds, ever.
    People already run bomb builds in No CP battlegrounds. Like dedicated plaguebreak and VD aoe builds. Having CP will just add Occult Overload into the mix..

Occult overload will be very strong in a CP battleground because of how small and condensed the maps are unlike Open world PVP. Imagine pushing on a Chaosball and there's a Deep breath, plaguebreak, Cleave, dark convergence, vicious death, and Unmitigable Occult overload combo waiting for you.

Yeah no thanks, I would rather never have CP battlegrounds.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • Galeriano
    Galeriano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP BGs were already a thing and they turned out to be not that great idea. With CPs people are simply too tanky for a 4v4v4 format.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the others. CP would either turn BGs into deathmatch for every mode or make everyone too tanky. The No CP/Proc is fun. Sets that are nerfed for Cyrodiil have use in BGs and you can also see what other proc sets can or can not do without the whole "run to a keep, die, run to a keep, die, etc."
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how about CP without proc ?

Edited by Xarc on May 4, 2023 5:07PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Population issue
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queue times would get worse. No proc is already pretty unpopular anyway.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys bring up good points. I would love to atleast try out my build with CP in a BG to see how it feels. Maybe the tankiness would just be too much
  • i11ionward
    i11ionward
    ✭✭✭
    Negative. BG is great now, no need to change it. Only a higher deathmatch chance can be done.
    But making cyro with proc but NO CP would be a great idea.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People forget that CP Battlegrounds existed in the infancy of BGs - and they were horribly unfun and almost immediately removed. If you think the meta right now is tanky, it would be 10x worse with CP added. There simply isn't enough damage in a BG lobby to allow for CP without having an unfun stalemate.

I also don't want non-proc BGs, for a couple reasons.

1) The population is way too low as it is. This change would only make it worse.

2) ZOS abandoned the no-proc campaign as soon as they released it. There isn't a single official up to date list of the sets that work there - and that's a huge problem. Some sets that should work there don't, and some sets that shouldn't do. There's no way to tell if the set you have equipped works in no-proc unless you test it out - there's no sort of UI indication or warning. There's a reason no-proc is empty 90% of the time.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on May 5, 2023 1:37PM
  • Lags
    Lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    I think it would be awesome to have these two modes to chose from.
    Battlegrounds if my favourite PVP mode cause it's the most "plug and play" compared to IC/Cyrodil. Cyrodil is ofc the most fun when it works and you find people.

Battlegrounds is kinda weird cause it's Proc but no cp. I would love to try No-Proc Battlegrounds/CP Battlegrounds as the title says.

Guild wars 2 does a great job with battleground/arena competitive pvp. Eso does not and they should really take a look at what gw2 does. Or any other game that does similar things better, i just find gw2 and eso to be similar.

What gw2 does is simple but thats what allows it to be competitive. No sets, no gear, just stats and ur weapons/skills. The eso equivalent could be just CP and crafted sets, or how about they activate cp and add in a small amount of bg specific sets. Anything would be better than what it is. Plus gw2 has reward tracks, ranks, events, and is just all around a lot better and more competitive.

But sadly zos take forever to change anything bad into something good, and i dont think they care much about pvp, but thats just my opinion.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish we had no-cp but yes proc cyro and imperial city again. The no-cp yes proc style is part of why battlegrounds are my favorite.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nothing to do with battlegrouds but I have my chars homed to no-cp campaign because it's so peaceful place to cheese endeavors.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    100% agree. It would be nice to be able to use different builds for Capture the Relic/Chaosball, Domination/Crazy King, and DM. This is the kind of QoL change that would be well received in a game mode that has been completely neglected for years.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • Nerhesi
    Nerhesi
    ✭✭✭✭
    The game balance is so busted that proc/double proc/16 Zaan's is required.

This is not WoW or GW or another game where pvp balance features so prominently as to be thrown off by procs. Some builds/classes are only optimal with a narrow niche of proc sets. You have DKs for example, that are running 2 procs sets that outperform basic procs (Fire and Poison due to combustion). You have classes, that when proc sets are removed, the meta goes to the even more boring max-stat-stacking...

The game needs more diversity rather than just bunny hopping around hoping to gib someone in under 4 seconds in a cc window, before suddenly being at full again and repeating.
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lags wrote: »
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    What gw2 does is simple but thats what allows it to be competitive. No sets, no gear, just stats and ur weapons/skills. The eso equivalent could be just CP and crafted sets, or how about they activate cp and add in a small amount of bg specific sets. Anything would be better than what it is. Plus gw2 has reward tracks, ranks, events, and is just all around a lot better and more competitive.

But sadly zos take forever to change anything bad into something good, and i dont think they care much about pvp, but thats just my opinion.

I've mentioned this a few times in the forums, pre-made sets that are actually balanced so you can kill, heal or tank. Of course they will struggle to balance them at first but that I am happy to help with.

It would however get rid of any doubt about skill in bgs and give us a competitive element to this game which so many players are yearning for.