The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Earn 150 Tel Var stones through kills and rewards

WySoSirius
WySoSirius
✭✭✭✭
Is the daily endeavour for the title broken , I turned one of the daily quests in IC and the TV reward doesn't count towards the endeavour
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 29, 2023 3:21AM
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    afaik the 200 you get in the reward coffer for the daily has never counted; it's pretty quick to farm up in the sewers outside your base
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On those rare days where the daily login reward lines up with the Tel Var daily endeavor, it counts toward it. So did collecting Tel Var during Zeal of Zenithar event when you got Tel Var out of the boxes.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hoghorn wrote: »
    afaik the 200 you get in the reward coffer for the daily has never counted; it's pretty quick to farm up in the sewers outside your base

the coffers count as earning the reward
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

I just got the coffer and it didn't go towards the endeavours
    Had to run through sewers to get he endeavours complete
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pve insight into ganking
    Gankers never do quests
    Gankers wait until the pve characters has exhausted resources and collected the telvar
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    I grabbed my usual 10k tel var from the bank so I can earn the 150 quickly and chose the Arena quest, remaining safely on the platform. Suddenly, someone one shot killed me and I lost half. Minutes later, they got me again. Won’t be doing that in future lol.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't bothered with this one in months but Tel var from quest reward coffers never seemed to count towards it back when I did try.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Tel Var from the reward coffers from turning in the dailies doesn't count, but the Tel Var from treasure chests counts, also Tel Var from killing things.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I usually just get 1K of tel var out of my bank and kill stuff near the Pact base, had to go further due to others doing the same and wanting to knock out the 15 weapon skill kills one as well, got killed on the way back by an AD player but no big deal just part of the zone.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Event reward containers count. So if you have the inventory space, you can hold onto them for future endeavors.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The tel var in the daily reward coffer DOES NOT count toward the endeavor. The endeavor specifically states it's tel var earned through kills that are needed to fulfill the endeavor requirements.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffers have never counted. Just queue in for the non-CP IC and you'll rarely see anyone at all. Easy to get 150 within minutes.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The tel var in the daily reward coffer DOES NOT count toward the endeavor. The endeavor specifically states it's tel var earned through kills that are needed to fulfill the endeavor requirements.

The endeavor specifically states it's kills or rewards. And there are reward containers that count such as event containers, treasure chests, and Tel-Var bags. It's only the daily reward that doesn't count, which is odd.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

The endeavor specifically states it's kills or rewards. And there are reward containers that count such as event containers, treasure chests, and Tel-Var bags. It's only the daily reward that doesn't count, which is odd.

I suspect that the reason the daily quest reward coffer doesn't count is because one coffer contains 200 Tel Var-- or 400 if a PvP event is on-- and it's possible to complete at least one of the daily quests (the Arena district one) without ever leaving the safe location, although it does take a while to get 12 rescues that way. Assuming the idea of the endeavor is to encourage players to go experience the Imperial City districts and sewers, letting them earn the endeavor without actively experiencing the zone seems like a bad way to do it. Hence, those coffers don't count. And as for the specific types of chests and coffers that do count, I believe you need to actually set foot in the districts or sewers to find and unlock them (the chests) or to earn them (the event coffers).
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pve insight into ganking
    Gankers never do quests
    Gankers wait until the pve characters has exhausted resources and collected the telvar
    Kitziboo wrote: »
    I grabbed my usual 10k tel var from the bank so I can earn the 150 quickly and chose the Arena quest, remaining safely on the platform. Suddenly, someone one shot killed me and I lost half. Minutes later, they got me again. Won’t be doing that in future lol.

That's why I'll probably never enter a PvP zone. It would be nice to go to Cyrodiil to see how it differs from ES 4, and to do some quests and farm materials I can't get anywhere else. But running afoul of someone only interested in ganking who couldn't care less about my PvE activities would ruin it for me.

Perhaps PvP would be more popular (*and* better supported by ZOS) if our introduction to Cyrodiil was more friendly, e.g. a staged approach with a non-threatening tutorial leading up to more challenging content later on, just like when we first start playing ESO. But instead many of you (from what I've read, anyway) enter Cyrodiil for the first time, then immediately get ganked. That would have to be pretty discouraging.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i personally love the tel var endeavors lol

even the 1500 tel var weekly takes me on avg 10-15 min to complete lol

if IC got improved more (npcs could drop IC gear, and surface respawns not tied to the flag ownership), i would be spending a lot more time there again
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if IC got improved more (npcs could drop IC gear, and surface respawns not tied to the flag ownership), i would be spending a lot more time there again

Yep, I normally get the Daily Endeavor-- which varies from 150 to 200 Tel Var-- completed before leaving the first district, and that's just focusing on getting the district's daily quest done.

The Weekly Endeavor normally gets completed by the time I'm through with all six districts, if not sooner-- or, if I don't feel like doing the six district daily quests, by running through the sewers a bit and soloing a few of the crossed-swords bosses (plus all the mobs encountered on the way).

Imperial City gets such a bad rap, and can definitely be aggravating if a lot of players from the enemy alliances are causing you grief; but it can also be great fun.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I suspect that the reason the daily quest reward coffer doesn't count is because one coffer contains 200 Tel Var-- or 400 if a PvP event is on-- and it's possible to complete at least one of the daily quests (the Arena district one) without ever leaving the safe location, although it does take a while to get 12 rescues that way. Assuming the idea of the endeavor is to encourage players to go experience the Imperial City districts and sewers, letting them earn the endeavor without actively experiencing the zone seems like a bad way to do it. Hence, those coffers don't count. And as for the specific types of chests and coffers that do count, I believe you need to actually set foot in the districts or sewers to find and unlock them (the chests) or to earn them (the event coffers).

You can get the event coffer by doing the Arena quest. So, I don't see why they'd exclude one for that reason and not the other. Or why they wouldn't just patch it by moving those specific mobs. I wonder if it's even intended for that particular coffer to be excluded. You can also get the rewards just killing mobs up there that way, I believe. But it's been a long time so I'm not entirely sure on that one. I think you get it as soon as you get the kill though, not on the corpse loot.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on April 28, 2023 4:48AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get Tel Var from fighting Daedra in the sewers too. Just clean out the first few rooms near the base.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! It looks like this might be fixed on the PTS:
    Endeavors
    Fixed an issue where Endeavors that advance by Tel Var Stones were not properly advancing in some scenarios.

150 Tel Var takes like a few minutes of mob farming, shorter than doing a quest. And you still get credit if you lose the Tel Var lol. But, hey! Here's to consistency.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also get the rewards just killing mobs up there that way, I believe. But it's been a long time so I'm not entirely sure on that one. I think you get it as soon as you get the kill though, not on the corpse loot.

Yes, you get Tel Var as soon as you kill something, whether or not you're able to loot the corpse. What looting the corpse gives you-- in addition to the usual loot such as gold, gear, and pots-- are Key Fragments for unlocking the treasure rooms in the various districts.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! It looks like this might be fixed on the PTS:
    Endeavors
    Fixed an issue where Endeavors that advance by Tel Var Stones were not properly advancing in some scenarios.

150 Tel Var takes like a few minutes of mob farming, shorter than doing a quest. And you still get credit if you lose the Tel Var lol. But, hey! Here's to consistency.

Ah, so it was not intended after all. Good to know and glad it's being fixed. Thanks for pointing this out, I totally missed it!
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I normally get the Daily Endeavor-- which varies from 150 to 200 Tel Var-- completed before leaving the first district, and that's just focusing on getting the district's daily quest done.

The Weekly Endeavor normally gets completed by the time I'm through with all six districts, if not sooner-- or, if I don't feel like doing the six district daily quests, by running through the sewers a bit and soloing a few of the crossed-swords bosses (plus all the mobs encountered on the way).

Imperial City gets such a bad rap, and can definitely be aggravating if a lot of players from the enemy alliances are causing you grief; but it can also be great fun.

i personally dont even use the surface, but i loot chests and the portal events in the sewers, some of those alone can give up to almost 150-200 tel var in 1 go

or i kill a banner boss, solo those give like 300 tel var even at x1 lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i personally dont even use the surface, but i loot chests and the portal events in the sewers, some of those alone can give up to almost 150-200 tel var in 1 go

Soloing a banner boss is far beyond my meager DPS and skillz.

On the other hand, I can solo the crossed-swords bosses, and enjoy doing so-- with the exception of General Kryozote, who always gets me with (I think) his Fire Spit. I imagine there must be a way to deal with that, but it gets me every time. I've got a couple of ideas about it, but haven't tried them yet.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Soloing a banner boss is far beyond my meager DPS and skillz.

On the other hand, I can solo the crossed-swords bosses, and enjoy doing so-- with the exception of General Kryozote, who always gets me with (I think) his Fire Spit. I imagine there must be a way to deal with that, but it gets me every time. I've got a couple of ideas about it, but haven't tried them yet.

a suggestion i would have for that, is to stay at a medium range and strafe around him while hes doing that, when your up close in melee range right in front of him when he starts doing that, it can hurt because the attack crates fire that goes outwards, but if your sitting still those start stacking, but if you strafe around him you can avoid most of them

the banner bosses can be a bit more of a challenge for sure (i can routinely go and solo the entire molag bal event in the center if i want to make some good tel var if i choose to lol)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's of any interest, I tried doing the "update an outfit" daily endeavor in IC on the same character where I did the "gain 150 Telvar from kills" endeavor (yesterday?), and the Update outfit endeavor did not work. (The telvar one did work, from kills as usual, not the daily quest coffer loot). I had to repeat my outfit changes at a non-PvP outfit station to complete that endeavor.
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on April 29, 2023 2:06AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post