Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reward drops are still borked

Pyrius_Omega
I came back to ESO to see if the drops were getting better. Nope. For the last two weeks I've been through the Wayrest sewers on regular / vet modes more times than I can count. I finally got another "Lightning Staff of the Sergeant" for the 3rd time. Guess what....it's still a 'charged' type staff. I guess the drop mechanism is still borked. How many more 'charged' staves do I need in order to get another type of staff other than 'charged'? I wish the devs would fix the types of drops instead of getting the same thing over and over again... :(
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 29, 2023 3:17AM
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Uhm, maybe put that time and effort into getting transmute crystals and make one in whatever trait you want?

https://eso-hub.com/en/guides/sticker-book-guide
    Edited by Snamyap on April 28, 2023 1:55PM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeon drops are curated. Once you have all possible drops from the dungeon it'll be random.

If you don't like the trait, you can trait change it (for 50 transmute crystals) or reconstruct it (for between 25 and 75 crystals, depending on how many of the set pieces you've bound). Both of these are at a transmute station.

They have done a ton of fixing of dungeon drops to nearly eliminate the RNG factor of it already.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Pyrius_Omega
    The RNG factor is still there unfortunately. Yes, I've farmed for the transmute crystals, but still 3x charged staves in a row? I have almost 4000 hrs of effort in this game. I would hate to spend crystals unless it was necessary. So, rng is still a living beast in ESO. Thank you for your replies. Just wish that the devs would put more effort into fixing this. I changed characters today. I want to test out this dungeon again. If it's the same results or similar results with a different staff type, I'll post back.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RNG factor is still there unfortunately. Yes, I've farmed for the transmute crystals, but still 3x charged staves in a row? I have almost 4000 hrs of effort in this game. I would hate to spend crystals unless it was necessary. So, rng is still a living beast in ESO. Thank you for your replies. Just wish that the devs would put more effort into fixing this. I changed characters today. I want to test out this dungeon again. If it's the same results or similar results with a different staff type, I'll post back.

They did spend time to fix it. It's called the stickerbook.

RNG is still RNG outside of that. But the stickerbook eliminates any need to repeatedly farm a dungeon once you have learned the set piece you need. There was zero need for you to farm that staff more than once to log it in the stickerbook. After that, it costs 25 refundable crystals to craft it at will.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you got 3 identical pieces, you probably have farmed the dungeon so much that it only costs you 25 crystals to "reconstruct" the exact piece you want.

That's 2 1/2 random dungeon runs. Or half the geode you get from repairing 25,000 AP worth of walls in Cyrodiil (and we have double AP events coming soon, although their geodes probably won't pay out until the end of June).
  • Pyrius_Omega
    Thank you for the reply. I'll do the reconstruction.