The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tri Focus Exploit is BROKEN Please Fix Now

nublife01
nublife01
✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6CrV6umo_8

why is this a thing? its obvious that this unintentionally broken and is doing pve splash damage to players and killing them instantly. can you please fix this asap its getting really old really fast.
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on April 23, 2023 1:48AM
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    Greetings,

After review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Phoenix no problem thank you for doing so. hopefully something is done. the set is currently wreaking havoc on imperial city. once everyone figures out what it is there will be major issues with the pvp zone. it's actually worse than it seems it this video. the exploit usually hits for 30-40k and you instantly die.
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know this is caused by the combined effect of empower and lightning staff tri focus. Empower itself only works on monsters, but the lightning staff tri focus removes this limitation and makes it work on players as well.

Whether or not this will be 'fixed' depends on whether or not ZOS sees it as a bug.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accessibility.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lykeion wrote: »
    As far as I know this is caused by the combined effect of empower and lightning staff tri focus. Empower itself only works on monsters, but the lightning staff tri focus removes this limitation and makes it work on players as well.

Whether or not this will be 'fixed' depends on whether or not ZOS sees it as a bug.

idkkkkkkk man players standing next to monsters causing them to instantly take 30-40k damage from a damage mechanic only meant to work on monsters seems like a bug to meeeeee.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm surprised not many people are talking about this. There's been an infestation of empower heavy attackers just parsing mobs and hitting players for 40k off tri-focus splash damage.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're nerfing plaguebreak because "guards aren't smart enough to know counterplay" and players using guards to nuke players is an oversight, but this is essentially the same thing.
    You use mobs to nuke players and they aren't smart enough to prevent you from being chain combo'd to death.

1490ebe261c04b9b6af3f13f3b2a2255.png

It's the same precedent but is being allowed to happen. If you can't PB guards because they're not intelligent, also you shouldn't be able to tri-focus splash players with empower bonus either.

I hope this gets addressed as this is a clear oversight.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • jongoma
    jongoma
    it obviously working as intended
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Accessibility.
    jongoma wrote: »
    it obviously working as intended

• gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xDeusEJRx wrote: »

They're nerfing plaguebreak because "guards aren't smart enough to know counterplay" and players using guards to nuke players is an oversight, but this is essentially the same thing.
    You use mobs to nuke players and they aren't smart enough to prevent you from being chain combo'd to death.

1490ebe261c04b9b6af3f13f3b2a2255.png

It's the same precedent but is being allowed to happen. If you can't PB guards because they're not intelligent, also you shouldn't be able to tri-focus splash players with empower bonus either.

I hope this gets addressed as this is a clear oversight.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Here to say the same thing.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for commenting so this gets noticed. Also your comments are hilarious. I think I've lost around 30k telvar this week (600k gold) in imperial city killing the area bosses by myself or with a small group and some chump who probably hasn't properly pvp'd once in their life crouch walks up and kills me before I even see the lightning spell animation on my screen. Honestly must be immensely satisfying being on the other end of that. It's actually kinda funny having to dodge monsters to kill them and get my tv back. Though once the ad gold farming zerg guild plaguing the zone learns about it imperial city gold farm will be no more. So yea please fix.

edit: proper grammar bc no write good
    Edited by nublife01 on April 24, 2023 8:21AM
  • Rogue_WolfESO
    Rogue_WolfESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need empower.
    Sergents mail
    Knight-slayer
    Oakensoul
    The key is setting the target off balance first. Warden screaming cliff racer works well for this, as does wall of elements from sorc.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need empower.
    Sergents mail
    Knight-slayer
    Oakensoul
    The key is setting the target off balance first. Warden screaming cliff racer works well for this, as does wall of elements from sorc.

you clearly dont know whats going on here. watch the video. look at the numbers. empower is a pve ability meant to only do damage to pve targets. with tri focus on a lightning staff you can do pve empower splash damage to hit targets for 30-40k. you need that pve mechanic to do that.
  • athena9205
    athena9205
    ✭✭✭
    I dont PVP but i love this :) I laughed hard seeing oakensoul kill players by proxy of a monster. If only you could kill pets as monsters and have the trifocus kill their masters....LOL.

Yes... ehem this is for sure a bug to be looked at....
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    athena9205 wrote: »
    I dont PVP but i love this :) I laughed hard seeing oakensoul kill players by proxy of a monster. If only you could kill pets as monsters and have the trifocus kill their masters....LOL.

Yes... ehem this is for sure a bug to be looked at....

all fun and games until you lose hundreds of thousands of gold in telvar dying to a 40k trifocus from a lightning staff before you even see an enemy spell animation on your screen from a player who isnt remotely good at pvp and undeserving of the gold reward they recieve for using an exploit on you. they also use the vampire ultimate that makes them immortal and the vampire passive that makes it so that they can disappear while sprinting. one player without an ounce of pvp skill in their body can take over an entire imperial city zone just running that exploit build. and as a software engineer myself im sure this could be hotfixed in literally a day.

edit: the worst isnt even that, its when 10-20 players in an rmt gold farming guild run that trifocus exploit build and another 10-20 run immortal 0 damage tank builds and completely take over and zerg out cp imperial city gold farming pve zone bosses meant to be killed by 1-4 people and theres not a thing anyone else can actually do about it. ic will be destroyed and the small scale pvp community abandoned if changes arent made.
    Edited by nublife01 on April 27, 2023 7:45PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You don't need empower.
    Sergents mail
    Knight-slayer
    Oakensoul

Also, knight slayer is weak [snip].
    Someone tried to claim in another thread it procs 3x per lightning heavy. My friend tested on pts and it definitely doesn't lol.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 28, 2023 5:09PM
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Unknown_Redemption
    Unknown_Redemption
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I brought it up to ESO's community manager directly, they are aware of the situation
    Edited by Unknown_Redemption on April 30, 2023 9:02PM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I brought it up to ESO's community manager directly, they are aware of the situation

greatly appreciated. big issue in imp city