The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please consider increasing housing limits in next expansion release

Rageypoo
Rageypoo
✭✭✭✭✭
For many of the notable homes, 700 item limit just isn't enough for really fleshing out every space, it always comes up short, and too many sacrifices have to be made. I'm sure with all these ESO+ subs we are paying more than enough to upgrade those servers...I ask that the limit be raised to 1000 please. I have so many housing projects that are unfinished and look so weird because I reached the limit, I can only imagine what the other homes could be with this limit raised. Let us make our houses beautiful!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 23, 2023 6:19PM
  • Ugrak
    Ugrak
    ✭✭✭
    Notable homes usually require some ingenuity in creating illusions of clutter in the off areas, or simply sealing them off so that the focus can be placed on smaller areas.

I haven't had a problem with this personally, but an increased limit might still be nice.

As I understand it, it is less of a server problem than the low-end devices of the players.

But why not at least let players purchase upgraded capacity for the smaller homes, up to that of the notable homes
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Housing section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • chrisfeng
    chrisfeng
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think this is a problem for 99% of the players.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    All homes being 700 slots would be REALLY nice.

Antiquarian home is massive to only be 600 slots.

Ideally, I'd like all homes larger than apartments to have 1k slots.

This is my #1 wish for ESO.
  • gusthermopyle
    gusthermopyle
    ✭✭
    I am sure ZoS have said that server space is the main issue here, so don't hold your breath.

Fact is though, if you have a look at some of the most creative housing projects from some of the real experts, they can create amazing things within the limits already. I find it is a nice part of the challenge to keep to the limit, it makes you think more carefully about furnishings and search out ways to minimise what you use.

I mean ... I wouldn't complain if they increased it. But I don't think it's a big problem.
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've said previously, there needs to be some sort of balance between housing items as they apply to the count. I can have 700 cheese wedges or I can have 700 giant intricate statues and lights which are a far higher poly count and graphics intensity. I constantly feel punished for wanting to put some silverware on the tables in my place because I could do far more interesting things with those slots. Don't get me wrong, saving 300 or so crafting tables worth of space is going to be HUGE - but it's just a sideline to the real issue here.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've said previously, there needs to be some sort of balance between housing items as they apply to the count. I can have 700 cheese wedges or I can have 700 giant intricate statues and lights which are a far higher poly count and graphics intensity. I constantly feel punished for wanting to put some silverware on the tables in my place because I could do far more interesting things with those slots. Don't get me wrong, saving 300 or so crafting tables worth of space is going to be HUGE - but it's just a sideline to the real issue here.

This really is the issue.
    In Fallout76 housing objects have like a "weight" count assigned to them, every player camp ("home") has a build slot limit.
    And the concept is sound imo, logically I should be able to put down many more smaller objects but only a handful or less of huge structures, statues, etc.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenthirty2 wrote: »

This really is the issue.
    In Fallout76 housing objects have like a "weight" count assigned to them, every player camp ("home") has a build slot limit.
    And the concept is sound imo, logically I should be able to put down many more smaller objects but only a handful or less of huge structures, statues, etc.

Except 76's is still flawed. Try putting down those small block letters and not add a significant amount of weight to the limit. I find it extremely hard to believe that a small increase, like 50 items, will cause severe performance issues. At least next/current gen and PC should be able to handle this.
  • evan302
    evan302
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, considering the huge size of most notable homes 700 furnishing slots for both inside and out really isn't enough. I know people can block off sections of the house in order to make the rest look fully furnished, but that rather defeats the point of buying a large house in the first place.

We should also bear in mind that not everyone has ESO+. Those players who don't, have only half the number of slots to play with.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrisfeng wrote: »
    I really don't think this is a problem for 99% of the players.

I have decorated many 600 and 700 slot houses and only came close to maxing one of them, and that is because there was no existing structure there to use. And my houses do not look empty.

All of them except the one I'm currently decorating are open houses in the EHT community. Feel free to check them out.

PCNA
    Edited by SilverBride on May 8, 2023 6:18AM
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently all of the 700 slot homes I have finished decorating look full for my personal tastes (Tel Galen, Hunter's Glade, Daggerfall Mansion [forget name], Highhallow Hold, Pantherfang Chapel). I still agree though. Sacrifices have to be made to achieve this and it would be nice to have more slots to make things look nicer.

That said, it is currently not possible due to technical limitations.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on May 2, 2023 3:44AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want ZoS to consider the opposite. They say it is a performance issue so until they get around that issue they should either stop giving/selling us huge houses or at the very least offer fewer huge houses and start offering some medium sized houses with the 700 limit.
    I get the feeling they could put the same price tag on a medium house and a huge house if the slot limits are the same and the medium would out sell the large. Just a guess though.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • thecatsme0w
    thecatsme0w
    ✭✭✭
    I would pay crowns for more furnishing slots
    thecatsme0w
    PC/NA

Eventual goal: Own all the houses. Currently 4 short of that goal.