Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What race will your first Arcanist character be?

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Assuming that you'll be making at least one.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 21, 2023 10:49AM

What race will your first Arcanist character be? 114 votes

Altmer
15%
GlassHalfFullphaneub17_ESOSilverBrideZenzukiRaddlemanNumber7ArgonianAustinMGRRaiden4Electrone_MagnusESO_NightingalespartaxoxoMcMasterxbritishmikeLugalduendgamesmuggreenmachine86BasPamig186Animar111 18 votes
Argonian
7%
Caligamy_ESOhondelinkJusey1Tommy_The_GunBenTSGKitty_QuietlyVeeskdeejayveeSoarora 9 votes
Bosmer
6%
tohopka_esoGwythyrAzOutbackrossk25PeacatcherCatagamiDreamyLu 7 votes
Breton
14%
Cheveyoadriant1978LivvyElsonsoBenevolentBowdRagnarok0130NeosartcarthalisUntilValhalla13ImSoProSupreme_AtromancerAzuraFanJyrus_JDScywareMr_Jord_JoeRitaNidec 16 votes
Dunmer
28%
Skoomahkorsar4egAmphithoeDarkmage1337HagrettLucyferLightbringerSatanicSisternbksaskeXDark_One13Anti_VirusCameron991GiantFruitFlymethod__01AztriasGrim_Slaughterfishjaws343colossalvoidsHotdog_23SeaGtGruffHappyTheCamper 32 votes
Imperial
10%
BlueRavenThe UninvitedLumennLittlePinkDotBugsyTheGodYandereGirlfriendDangerjoe1982SkaraMinocThecompton73sunsrestKuvayrGrim_Overlord 12 votes
Khajiit
8%
calitrumanb14_ESOzariakarthrag_inakACamaroGuydinokstrunzmonkiieMesiteLykeionNeuroticPixelsisadoraisacat 10 votes
Orc
5%
FaulgorDanikatthe_Wiley_1meekmikoStarOfElyonHapexamendios 6 votes
Nord
2%
RadagastThePinktomofhyrulecomicfan22 3 votes
Redguard
0%
Castagere 1 vote
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    I'm missing a second Altmer and Bosmer anyway, it's just to fill out the races equally to have two of each race.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    I exclusively only play Argonians. That is all.
  • deejayvee
    deejayvee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    I'm going Argonian because of the new companion and a character idea I have.
    PC - NA
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton
    I'm a healer main so I normally default to Breton despite being a militant Imperial enjoyer in TES games.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    I just prefer Altmers and Khajiit.
  • isadoraisacat
    isadoraisacat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Prob Khajiit because it’s my favorite race and I have a hard time not playing a Khajiit in every elder scrolls game
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
    I've got his whole backstory laid out.

Skjoldr is a shaman of the Skaal. A few of the hunters came back from Benkongerike, where one of them went mad after he found a mysterious Black Book. Skjoldr goes to investigate, but he knows exactly what that is - a relic of the Demon of Knowledge. And it takes him into Apocrpyha.

While he's trapped there, he's left with only his wits to survive, and he soon realizes that the only way he'll get out is to beat Herma-Mora at his own game. So he starts to learn the Prince's secret arts... and finds he's actually really adept at them. And eventually, he finally makes his way back home.

But he knows he'll never be completely free of Herma-Mora. But other factors are at work in the world. He needs to put aside his duties to the Skaal and work together with this aspect of the Adversary to save his world and its people. But all the while, he needs to resist the temptations that Mora offers him, and he needs to prevent the secrets of the Skaal from falling into the Demon's tentacles...
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got his whole backstory laid out.

Skjoldr is a shaman of the Skaal. A few of the hunters came back from Benkongerike, where one of them went mad after he found a mysterious Black Book. Skjoldr goes to investigate, but he knows exactly what that is - a relic of the Demon of Knowledge. And it takes him into Apocrpyha.

While he's trapped there, he's left with only his wits to survive, and he soon realizes that the only way he'll get out is to beat Herma-Mora at his own game. So he starts to learn the Prince's secret arts... and finds he's actually really adept at them. And eventually, he finally makes his way back home.

But he knows he'll never be completely free of Herma-Mora. But other factors are at work in the world. He needs to put aside his duties to the Skaal and work together with this aspect of the Adversary to save his world and its people. But all the while, he needs to resist the temptations that Mora offers him, and he needs to prevent the secrets of the Skaal from falling into the Demon's tentacles...

That would be a good movie
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Easy choice 😁
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    I'm not sure I will do one, because I really dislike leveling up in ESO. But if I do one, that will be a bosmer.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Breton Tonsure looks best on a Breton, IMHO. ;)
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    I like the concept of an Imperial Librarian (archivist?) who during the fall of cyrodiil made a hasty pact with HM for her own safety.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Most probably a Dunmer, but that's mainly because of the chapter's setting. I might change my mind by the time the chapter actually drops.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Leaning towards a female Orc stam character. Only got one Orc. Time to give him some company.
  • ixthUA
    ixthUA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to play arcanist.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Breton
    I am remaking an existing character who fits Arcanist way better than Sorcerer, and they are a Breton.

I also can't believe after all this time there is still no better way of copying a character's appearance than manually screenshotting sliders. :|
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    I have tended to like Imperial for the cost reduction since I started going hybrid but I am also considering making a Khajiit because it's easy to get Withering Runeblades crit rate pretty high when you've got full crux. I really like how that skill feels as a spammable so the extra crit damage might get me to go furry.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still undecided.

Ofcourse because of the story a Dunmer would be nice.

But I m thinking of making an Altmer Hybrid DPS/Healer, and an Argonina Hybrid DPS/tank.

So basically, I need 3 more chracter slots, and we only get 2! Oh what to do, what to do! :smile:
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    I want a race I don't already have, so that's orc, altmer or possibly redguard (I'm not sure I'm going to keep that character).

I've had an idea for an orc sorcerer for a while, but never made him because I don't enjoy sorcerer that much so I'd probably never play him. But the character could work as an arcanist as well, so I think that would be a good solution.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Combat & Character Mechanics section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    The first one I do will likely be a Dunmer as a mag focused one. I think I am rather partial to them.

My second might be an Orc for a stam focused one. I only have 1 Orc. Maybe a Kahjit.
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    same as all the other of my currently 6 characters.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Most likely an Argonian. I already have the character concept.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Race don't matter. I roll a d10. Breton = 2
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    I was tempted to say Altmer because I want to tie this character into my headcannon for my two "lead characters" who are both Altmer. But I will probably make it an Orc dragonknight because I already made an orc out of the desire to have one who was a mage of some sort. Now I can delete that character and remake it as an Arcanist. I might still find a way to give her a story that connects to my two main characters.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixthUA wrote: »
    Not going to play arcanist.

this right here,
    at a place nobody knows
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    ATM I'm thinking imperial simply as it's one of two races I don't have yet.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit
    Oh jeeze, why would -this- be? Why would this one choose to play a Khajiit? Perhaps because his other 17 khajiit would be uncomfortable otherwise :wink: . Is already sufficient challenge to deal with 1 Argonian (with fluffy delusions).
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    But the choice is nothing to do with Arcanist and everything to do with having a narrated character who can live comfortably in the Alinor Crest Townhouse. I already have a name for him, and the beginnings of a story.
    PC EU
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Assuming that you'll be making at least one.

altmer is best in slot for pve magdps. i pick race based on performance. in an ideal world, racial passives wouldn't buff our damage so i could pick dark elf, nord or khajiit.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX