The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BREAKING THE TIDE - Bugged

ESO_Lars
ESO_Lars
Quest is bugged and blocking progress for over 12 hours.

This is a main story line quest for the ebonheart alliance and stops completion of the zone.

URGENT - I see 8+ people waiting at any given time.
- Have tried relogging, /reloadui etc but will not fix.

Thank You
Edited by ESO_Lars on March 31, 2014 9:54PM
  • degarmo_ESO
    degarmo_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As of 1:10 a.m. EST, April 1, this is still bugged and unable to complete.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. Thank you for reporting this. If you don't mind, can you please let us know what specifically is bugged and blocking your progress, so that we can investigate the issue? Thank you, and thanks for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've been trying this quest for hours. looks like i need to save some Fisherfolk that doesn't exist. anyway, i'm always receiving the same message over and over:

Completed: Defend Sergeant Seyne
    Failed: Defend Fishermen
    Defend Fisherfolk
    Defend Sergeant Seyne

i've been killing covenant gallants for hours all over the docks and there's no sign of any Fisherfolk or Fishermen.

i chose the ebonheart pact and i already crossed with 3 broken quests. is this happening in all sides? if not i'd prefer to change the alliance than wait for the fixes.

*SOLVED*

after i logged in and out a few times the message loop stopped and i got a message informing me that i failed the mission and i was able to continue,
    Edited by NeKryXe on April 2, 2014 5:09AM
  • DHendoe
    DHendoe
    Soul Shriven
    Breaking the Tide is bugged for me and the group of adventurers in the ship when I was there. The quest icon shows the Commander above me while I am in the hold of the ship and when I go up the icon shows the Commander in the hold of the ship.

The hint says to talk to CAP Rana but no one can interact with her.

What else can we do?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just played it perhaps half an hour ago, worked fine for me (EU server)...
    Edited by AngryNord on April 5, 2014 2:01PM
  • KurzVor12
    KurzVor12
    DHendoe wrote: »
    The hint says to talk to CAP Rana but no one can interact with her.

I got the same problem ... :-/

EDIT: Now it worked. The only thing I did was to play with another character for a short time. Maybe they fixed it.
    Edited by KurzVor12 on April 5, 2014 2:59PM
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken a bunch of players are having the same issue (NA server).

We are unable to speak to Captain Rana. Blocked here. Reloaded UI, Tried logging in and out which worked on occasion in the beta, but none of these has worked.

EDIT: Seeing the post above me, I decided rather than just log in and out, to log a DIFFERENT character. When I came back I could speak with Captain Rana and continue the quest. It also worked for my spouse who was stuck.

While still not an ACCEPTABLE solution, it is at least a work around.
    Edited by Anex on April 5, 2014 9:30PM
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • Baranovich
    Same bug is happening here to a bunch of players. Captain Rana cannot be interacted with. The final Boss will not appear for the final fight.
  • Baranovich
    ...yep, same deal. Covenant Commander will not spawn, about 20 players stuck and cannot finish quest. Capt. Rana is down in the hold, and she has a quest marker over her, but you cannot interact with her.
  • psytaebien
    psytaebien
    Soul Shriven
    April 6th Here...

Still seeing this bug,

Can't interact with her at all.

Hint says to talk to her, only there isn't an option to talk with her when you hover over her character.

Really annoying. Waited for over 30 minutes in the hold of the ship saw about 50 guys come up to her and try to talk to her and can't. Lots of chat about it as well in the zone.

This seems to be part of the main quest... Needs to be taken care of immediately!!
  • Irista
    Irista
    ✭✭
    Bugged. I logged on to a different character then back to main my and nothing was fixed.

Quest icon is above Captain Rana's head but the option to speak with here does not pop up to interact with her.

Please fix this asap, I am unable to move forward with the quest line to catch up to my friend who I have used a Mara scroll with....
    @Irista - Max Clothier/Woodworker - "I craft for smiles! (and tips! ;D )"

Renwyn Delau - VR14 Magicka Sorceror

The Black Hand
    - Ebonheart Pact
    Treasurer
    blackhandgaming.net
  • Irista
    Irista
    ✭✭
    Checked back today and the quest was working properly. :)
    @Irista - Max Clothier/Woodworker - "I craft for smiles! (and tips! ;D )"

Renwyn Delau - VR14 Magicka Sorceror

The Black Hand
    - Ebonheart Pact
    Treasurer
    blackhandgaming.net
  • rynn21_ESO
    Same thing happened to me for hours just a few days ago.
  • lichtpixelb16_ESO
    still bugged
  • Vagash
    Vagash
    yup, still bugged :(
  • Garson1479
    still bugged
    lduoap2a8e0.png
  • alexis79
    alexis79
    still bugged
  • greens99
    greens99
    Soul Shriven
    Having same problem here.. logging into my alt character and back again has not fixed this. I am stuck, please advise!
  • Frainbog
    Frainbog
    ✭✭
    This is still bugged (EU Server, April 15th, 3:45am BST)

I get the continuous...

Completed: Defend Sergeant Seyne
    Failed: Defend Fishermen
    Defend Fisherfolk
    Defend Sergeant Seyne

...loop.

I have tried multiple times to try and get this to work over the past hour or so (I've tried everything I know of from relogging; abandoning and restarting the quest; abandoning, relogging and restarting the quest, etc.) but to no avail.

As this is the main quest line, it has now stopped all progress.
  • Hexcaliber
    Hexcaliber
    ✭✭✭
    Broken here too, on board the ship and cannot talk to captain Rana.

19 days since the first report, and you have not fixed a STORYLINE mission early in character progression. I am willing to bet this was reported previously too, shamefull, this is the sort of stuff that needs fixes asap.
    Edited by Hexcaliber on April 18, 2014 1:20PM
    Regards Hexcaliber.
  • Nimrael
    Nimrael
    ✭✭
    Bugged for me as well. Veteran Rank 1 "main" quest.
  • jcbennett1988_ESO
    Still bugged..... really...
  • jcbennett1988_ESO
    Still bugged, but kind of works... It was bugged and couldnt talk to her at the bottom of the ship. After repeated logging I was finally able to kill her and as I'm typing this I see another group of people just completed it as well. I dont know what fixed it but apparently it sometimes works.
  • MissKiwiana
    MissKiwiana
    ✭✭✭
    Damn quest is still bugged - just shows you how much this company cares about the player.

Solution above worked for me also by logging into another char and doing a couple quests on her then logging back in Captain Rana was then responsive and I was able to complete the quest and move on.
    PC Platform all the way! Windows 10.
    Guilds I belong to: Lone Wolf Help & The Conclave of Shadows.
  • Idna_Twoblades
    Still bugged
  • robert_keyframeb16_ESO
    Yep still bugged
    cant talk to her at the bottom of the ship, re-logged 2 times, reloaded 1 times, will keep trying.
    Edited by robert_keyframeb16_ESO on May 18, 2014 8:30PM
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try /camp outside the ship, then get back in.

It worked for me within a few times.
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cancelled and took the other path - save the fort. Solved it for me.
  • Regomar
    Regomar
    Still bugged. Unbelievable. Tons of people waiting trying to talk to the captain on the ship at any given time, all can barely believe this is still bugged. Come on guys, get your act together!
  • Uzeh
    Uzeh
    Same issue as the rest of the NA players, Captain Rena is not able to be targeted after speaking to her on top of the deck prior to the boss fight. Once below deck she appears and, but not actions pops up. Been stuck like this since yesterday for me and others just waiting around her. I have logged and relogged, even abandoned the quest ad started it again to no avail.
This discussion has been closed.