The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I would 100% pay 5000 crowns for an assistant who dug up any treasure maps or surveys I gave them

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Without question. Immediately. The money for the crowns would be in ZOS's bank account right now.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 15, 2023 3:03AM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • gabbo1928
    gabbo1928
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on board, so long as the Plentiful Harvest passive is accounted for.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not me. I love getting out to do them myself.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you want to kill the game?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would pay for an assistant to destroy my surveys and treasure maps as I get them
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    I would pay for an assistant to destroy my surveys and treasure maps as I get them

Mark them as junk, then open the Junk forlder and use "X" (destroy all junk), answer Y.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until the Devs want you to stop being in the game and doing things, this won't happen.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    @Dr_Con
    If you play on PC, there are addons that will do this for you. I'm fairly sure there is an inventory management addon that will automatically mark items as trash, and probably even autodelete trash items from inventory... That said, I recommend against doing this, as some maps and most surveys are quite high value... if you can just make the time.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Until the Devs want you to stop being in the game and doing things, this won't happen.

Looking at my maps is a good way for me to just exit the game and play something else. This is extremely dull but also extremely valuable, so it's irritating to do them and irritating not to do them.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Looking at my maps is a good way for me to just exit the game and play something else. This is extremely dull but also extremely valuable, so it's irritating to do them and irritating not to do them.

They can be a chore. What i do is pick two zones. Do those Surveys and Treasures and move on with the game to something else. I rotate alphabeticaly. I have a Speed Farmer that collects all my maps. I only spend about 20 to 25 minutes this way.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please!
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We already have the treasure hunter costume. Why not a companion that would actually do the task?
  • HelixUnited
    HelixUnited
    ✭✭✭
    YES i would pay for this also, i have so many that i want to do just don't have enough time in the day
  • iPlayOnlyESO
    iPlayOnlyESO
    ✭✭✭
    +support comment
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.

If a player doesn't want to take time to retrieve these then destroy the surveys and sell the maps. But having NPCs play parts of the game for us isn't a good idea.
    PCNA
  • Elrender
    Elrender
    ✭✭✭
    just use mods, harvestmap for example. marks treasure map locations on map
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Given how obnoxious some of the newer survey sites are to harvest, I would not be surprised to see a solution to such an artificial problem get added to the store.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So soooo many people don't do their surveys. If people had a way of automatically doing them the supply of mats would be greatly increased thereby lowering their cost. It has the potential to massively affect the economy.
  • BaalMelqartu
    BaalMelqartu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I don't log into ESO and play something else instead JUST because in the back of my mind, I think about all the surveys I have in my bank along with master writs that I REALLY want to get done before I keep doing other things but on the other hand... I could just play something else and not even think about it. It feels a lil shameful to admit but YES, I would pay a ridiculous amount for access to an assistant I could load with my surveys and send off. *OR* a certain amount of skill points could be placed into your craft hirelings and they'll do any surveys for you. I mean, they are already sending you free stuff in your mail anyway.

I understand having to work for things in MMOs and such but you also don't want to create so many "chores" that the player feels playing something else is just a better alternative. Surveys were great when I just had a few characters. Now I don't want to LOSE them but I don't feel like spending an hour a day doing them either.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS make it happen!
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make them Tradable at least!

lhArhKJ.png
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So soooo many people don't do their surveys. If people had a way of automatically doing them the supply of mats would be greatly increased thereby lowering their cost. It has the potential to massively affect the economy.

In a good way... have you seen the prices for things?