The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ticket Updates

Sonickat
Sonickat
✭✭
Is it normal after submitting a ticket to customer service to not hear anything but to see that the ticket itself in the support portal has been updated twice (noted by the last updated time stamp) without there being any updated information available for the player and no emails being received to the account on record? The ticket just says "Waiting on Agent" for the status.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on April 18, 2023 5:16PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you reply at all?
  • Sonickat
    Sonickat
    ✭✭
    I created the ticket yesterday around noon, immediately replied to it adding a couple of pdf documents since that had not been an option when I created the ticket. I've left it alone since then. I understand the reply pushed it to the back of the que at that time but it was within 5m of making the original ticket so don't expect much time lost there. I have not touched it since.

When I checked this morning 8am my time the update status had been updated to last modified 6 hours prior which would be around 2am my time or so.

Then just a bit ago I checked it again and again the last modified date has been changed yet again it now says an hour ago.

I have not touched the ticket nor replied to it. I've checked my email to make sure I haven't missed something. I just find it odd the update status stays as "Waiting on Agent" but the "Last Updated" has changed without any update to the actual ticket that I can see.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm betting they have a script set up to show tickets updated over the course of a day. There wouldn't really be any reason to manually "time update" a ticket if nothing's shown as "done" on it.

For instance, my shared hosting provider never shows an updated time unless a rep has actually added to the ticket, and I get instant emails when that occurs.

Right now, I think half or more of the employees are probably winding up CES or whatever event it is in Vegas - they may not actually get around to doing anything in support until next week.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Sonickat
    Sonickat
    ✭✭
    Another update no actual update on the ticket or any emails. >.< LOL
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin - can you help here?

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you put the ticket # here, ZOS_Kevin or one of the other mods can maybe check on the ticket status for you.
  • Sonickat
    Sonickat
    ✭✭
    I'm okay with waiting my turn in queue. It's only been a couple days. I just found it interesting that the modified date would change without any actual update actually being shown. As someone who works in IT and resolves tickets myself from time to time, I could see how for the average person this could be extremely frustrating. A friction point worth mentioning.

Also to note, it's not automated. No updated over the evening like last time. Hasn't had the last updated updated since last posting.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After submitting a ticket an auto response occurs. That response says that you need reply if the issue has not been resolved. Otherwise Zenimax will not respond and the ticket will eventually be closed.

• Sonickat
    Sonickat
    ✭✭
    230413-004180 is the Ticket Number.

This is not my first ticket with ZOS and EOS but it is the first one to behave like this.

The ticket was again updated 14m ago however there is no update on the ticket. Typically when an email is sent from the ticket system, even if you don't get the email, you will see updates in the tickets that the email contained. This is not the case with this ticket. It's being periodically updated under "Last Update" but, there is no updates and no emails. Yes, I've checked spam.

It's also stuck in "Waiting on Agent" and does not indicate it is waiting on me.
    Edited by Sonickat on April 15, 2023 7:22PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bill @ZOS_Kevin

The OP has now provided their ticket number. Can you check to see if you can help them?

• Sonickat
    Sonickat
    ✭✭
    This was resolved finally - but hopefully they see this and understand the confusion with the customer facing last updated field changing without any actual updates being added to the ticket.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the update and providing your ticket number.

With this issue now resolved by our support team, we will now close this thread going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.