The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PvP Style Pages do not drop

DarthCuddlefluff
DarthCuddlefluff
✭✭✭✭
Hey I made a post similar to this on the PvP forums years ago but it just got a bunch of people attacking it and me because that's how the PvP forums are so I figured I would try and raise awareness here. There are some really cool Style Pages you can get from PvP. There are the newer ones IE Stormlords, Pit Daemons, and Fire Drakes that are neat and have a good drop rate. But there are older ones whose drop rate has a major problem. No one is exactly sure WHAT makes a Fanged Worm, Horned Dragon, or Battleground Runner piece drop but the problem doesn't stop there. No, the big problem is that if you get a piece you already have unlocked it will delete that page before it gets to you in the mail. The effect this has is that you get fewer pages all the time and it's virtually impossible to complete any of the styles even for dedicated PvPers. As someone who really doesn't like PvP but does it anyway to try for these styles I think you can imagine my frustration in the fact that not one page has dropped in 3 or more years of playing and doing PvP semi-regularly. I wanted to spread the word on this and hopefully get some support in finding out the dropping conditions and also make a suggestion that ZoS should fix the drop rate problem. I have done years of PvP often getting #1 on the winning team and have more than earned these styles.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on March 3, 2023 11:32AM
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all of the armor and weapons of Fanged Worm, Battleground Runner, and Horned Dragon with the exception of the Horned Dragon Light Gloves.

Most of the time I do not PvP that much.

Could you provide a bit more information about the types of matches you are doing?

For example, I'm pretty sure that the Battleground Runner dropped for me in Capture the Flag matches and that's what the patch notes from when it launched said.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have all of the armor and weapons of Fanged Worm, Battleground Runner, and Horned Dragon with the exception of the Horned Dragon Light Gloves.

Most of the time I do not PvP that much.

Could you provide a bit more information about the types of matches you are doing?

For example, I'm pretty sure that the Battleground Runner dropped for me in Capture the Flag matches and that's what the patch notes from when it launched said.

I have been running randoms every time bu one thing that everyone I have talked to over the years has been insistent on is that these older PvP styles don't require you to do specific match types to get. That's only the newer 3 styles.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello? @chessalavakia_ESO plz halp
  • Dkrewe
    Dkrewe
    ✭✭
    I've been getting the Stormlord, Firedrake, and Pit Daemon sets dropping regularly from BGs. I finally got the Firedrake leg style pages to drop yesterday.

What sets are you expecting the style pages from?
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I can really be much help since I'm not ZOS and my drops aren't that recent.

For you not getting pages at all, you'd have several possibilities:

1. Your match count is low enough that the RNG hasn't given it to you yet.
    2. Page drops have a specific requirement you aren't meeting.
    3. Page drops could have bugged in a recent patch.
    4. Page drops could be bugged for you specifically.

For example, one person back in 2020 recorded how many matches it took for them to get the weapons for the Battleground set.

They found it took them 14 to get the first and 44 matches to get all of them.

Keep in mind, at that point they could just queue for Capture the Flag.

Nowadays, with the exception of the weekends it doesn't let you always do a specific type so the number of runs it takes can be a bit higher since you can't always get the mode you want.

If you've been doing them every day for years something is odd for you not to have a page but, if it's only been like 30 Battlegrounds that could just be bad luck.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497592/battleground-runner-style-not-dropping

• DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been most days I have been playing I do at least one PvP match and I am looking for horned dragon, fanged worm, and battleground runner style.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler Do you know? What are the reqs to get them to drop? I am missing: Fanged Worm Cuirass, Fanged Worm Bow, Horned Dragon Jerkin, Horned Dragon Jack, Horned Dragon Guards, Horned Dragon Epaulets, Battleground Runner Waist.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think a lot of people in this thread are understanding the issue OP is talking about. Fire Drake, Pit Daemon, and Stormlord style pages are fine. OP is discussing the issues with the drop rates of Horned Dragon and Fanged Worm. The issue with these set styles is that collecting one page doesn't remove it from the loot table. This means that as you collect more, the effective drop chance goes down drastically. Think of it like this.

1) Open a rewards box -> the game decides whether or not to give you HD/FW style Page.

2) Game decides which armor piece of FW/HD you should get

3) If you've already collected that one, it doesn't give you anything.

I have thousands and thousands of hours in BGs and have been playing since beta and I only finished off those two styles sometime last year. They need to make the drops for those styles curated.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think a lot of people in this thread are understanding the issue OP is talking about. Fire Drake, Pit Daemon, and Stormlord style pages are fine. OP is discussing the issues with the drop rates of Horned Dragon and Fanged Worm. The issue with these set styles is that collecting one page doesn't remove it from the loot table. This means that as you collect more, the effective drop chance goes down drastically. Think of it like this.

1) Open a rewards box -> the game decides whether or not to give you HD/FW style Page.

I have thousands and thousands of hours in BGs and have been playing since beta and I only finished off those two styles sometime last year. They need to make the drops for those styles curated.

@CameraBeardThePirate The thing is I just do not want to put thousands of hours into PvP. That sounds like hell to me. I'm a farmer of mostly furnishing plans. I do housing mostly. I don't even completely optimize my toons for PvE. I just want some style pages that I feel I have long since earned by doing daily PvP for years. Is there anyone's attention we can get about this issue? Has this been written off as a problem they will not fix for any reason?
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On top of that, HD and FW are two of the only styles in the game where the light, medium, and heavy slots all drop separately from each other. In fact, even robes and jerkins are separate drops for these styles.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler so this is on the correct one now. Can I get an answer pwease? UwU I just want my style pages. :3
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler - Going on two months since being tagged and still no answer. Some of us have stuck it out with a game mode that has gotten ZERO love in years, and we're still grinding out BGs trying to get the style pages that just aren't dropping. Can we please get some love and an answer?
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler - Going on two months since being tagged and still no answer. Some of us have stuck it out with a game mode that has gotten ZERO love in years, and we're still grinding out BGs trying to get the style pages that just aren't dropping. Can we please get some love and an answer?

They don't want to tell us it seems. Just another one of ZoS' secrets which I suspect all have to do with something scummy going on in the background. Bet if I paid for something real spendy in game my chances would go up.
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just today I earned one more page. At least I know they CAN drop. I was on autopilot for the match so I don't really know the circumstances, but I know it came from the one a day purple one.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just today I earned one more page. At least I know they CAN drop. I was on autopilot for the match so I don't really know the circumstances, but I know it came from the one a day purple one.

I haven't gotten any style pages in ages and I still have plenty to learn. It's honestly just incredibly poor implementation for a style page drop.

@ZOS_Kevin - Can we please get an update on what is going on with style pages drops from Battle Grounds rewards? There is plenty of feedback in this thread but no response from ZOS. Are these pages bugged, or is the drop rate intended to be so low that people just give up on trying to earn them?

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've gotten plenty of page duplicates. They're not tradable. I'll have to at the types I get in the future because I usually just delete them.
    Edited by Dr_Con on May 21, 2023 11:46PM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    I've gotten plenty of page duplicates. They're not tradable.

It's my understanding that you can only get duplicates if you don't learn the style page to add it to your collection. Yay? Nay?

• Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »
    Dr_Con wrote: »
    I've gotten plenty of page duplicates. They're not tradable.

It's my understanding that you can only get duplicates if you don't learn the style page to add it to your collection. Yay? Nay?

This is false, I have had to delete my extra pages, I do find this to be slightly annoying. Additionally, style pages from BGs are bound, so you can never sell them to PVE-only players AFAIK. They may not have put in the script to delete duplicate pages for the newer sets, per the OP's post. I never took note of the name of the style pages that I've had to delete, however I have most of the "old" ones.
    Edited by Dr_Con on May 22, 2023 2:35AM
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already got the 3 group set in bg and battleground runner set, is there any other pvp set to get in bg?

• CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    Already got the 3 group set in bg and battleground runner set, is there any other pvp set to get in bg?

Battlegrounds Styles

The following styles can only be earned as rewards for participating in Battlegrounds. The chance of obtaining an Outfit Style is based on how well your team performed in the Battleground.

Battleground Teams
    • Fire Drake Style — obtained by completing Land Grabs (Domination, Crazy King).
    • Storm Lord Style — obtained by completing Flag Games (Capture the Relic, Chaosball).
    • Pit Daemon Style — obtained by completing Deathmatch games.
    Motif Variants
    • Fanged Worm Style — a variant of the Fang Lair Style.
    • Horned Dragon Style — a variant of the Scalecaller Style.

The Battleground Runner Style is a medium armor style earned by participating in Flag Games Battlegrounds. The odds of acquiring a page are equal whether you win or lose.

SOURCE

Edited by CGPsaint on May 24, 2023 12:25AM