The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Aren't the kick timers in delves a little overzealous?

Insomnist
Insomnist
✭✭
I'm one of those oddballs who thinks farming gear drops for an evening is a chill and relaxing time, but that's not the case when I have to time every login to avoid being bounced back to the entrance of the delve. Especially some of the DLC delves which have gotten incredibly enormous for what's actually in them. Unless ZOS really expects me to twiddle my thumbs for twelve drops an hour, in which case they really need to up their game. :/

Public dungeons aren't like this so I'm confused why delves in particular are so stringent.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 12, 2023 5:41PM
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal delves have a timer? Or do you mean group delves/dungeons?

I've never been kicked to a delve entrance before. But then I don't farm them for XP or gear, I respect that other players do them too, and know how annoying it is to find people camping there killing everything.
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm confused, what timer? For the endeavours that require two delve bosses I usually just wait for respawn and never get kicked to entrance. Are you sure you didn't just die while AFK?
    Options
  • Insomnist
    Insomnist
    ✭✭
    It's when logging between characters to farm other delves while waiting for the bosses to respawn. I've found that if I don't stay logged in for 60 seconds and log in each character every 5 minutes they're booted to outside the delve. And it's character by character, not overall account activity.

If this is by design imo delves should at least have two or three bosses each like the ones in Ciirodyll. Not like that's something that will change in existing delves, but still. One delve boss drop every five minutes = 12 an hour is pretty lean when ~87% of the drops will have trash traits.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, if ZOS has introduced such a deterrent to prevent delves being camped by rotation like dolmens I'd be delighted. That said, I've never experienced what you're describing. During an event that involves delve bosses I leave a character permanently positioned in a particular delve boss room to get the event ticket each day while I then switch to other characters for normal adventuring, and the camped character always logs back in to the boss room each day.
    Options
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thx for clarifying what the issue was since it seemed dugeons were the issue.

We are kicked outside of the delves after we log out as an anti-bot feature. Zenimax will not be changing that since bots would be able to take advantage of that.

Options
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it sounds like such a timer could use being more zealous. It's deeply frustrating / ruins the game to be doing a delve for a quest to find the boss constantly absent, or for it to appear only for you to get one shot at it before someone in a pink costume with a flappy parasite pet zaps it and then rushes off at the speed of light through you because they do this 20 times a day between filing their nails. Talk about an immersion killer.
    Edited by Northwold on February 12, 2023 1:32PM
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get what you're saying, but one time one of my toons got stuck in a delve. Literally stuck. In a bookshelf.

One of the delve ghosts had used that scaring technique on me while I was lockpicking a chest (I hadn't seen the ghost there and thought I was in the clear). Then, after I was stunned, the ghost pushed me into the bookshelf where my toon "fused" with the shelf.

I couldn't warp, I couldn't move, and I couldn't use the unstuck function. Logging in and out didn't work to fix it either. The game also constantly kicked me because apparently being fused with a bookshelf counts as "spamming the server" (which is why I couldn't warp or use the unstuck function, because the game kicked me before I could finish). So I was also scared of logging into her too many times for fear of being banned.

I panicked, thinking I had permanently lost one of my toons and had to delete them and start over.

I can't say for certain whether it was my tech support ticket that got my toon unstuck or this "delve timer", but I was very very grateful when I logged in and found her at the entrance to the delve.
    Options
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes its too much, let me leave when I am ready to leave. And the other guys where running to finish the dungeon like theres no tomorrow, and just skips 2 or 3 treasure chest along the way.
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    Yes its too much, let me leave when I am ready to leave. And the other guys where running to finish the dungeon like theres no tomorrow, and just skips 2 or 3 treasure chest along the way.

OP is talking about delves, not 4p dungeons.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's when logging between characters to farm other delves while waiting for the bosses to respawn. I've found that if I don't stay logged in for 60 seconds and log in each character every 5 minutes they're booted to outside the delve. And it's character by character, not overall account activity.

If this is by design imo delves should at least have two or three bosses each like the ones in Ciirodyll. Not like that's something that will change in existing delves, but still. One delve boss drop every five minutes = 12 an hour is pretty lean when ~87% of the drops will have trash traits.

Hmm. For Witches Festival, I had a character stationed in Del's Claim at the boss. That character stood there for days and all I did was log in, wait for the boss, get my plunder skill and event ticket, and log out. I only left when I needed to redeem event tickets, so once every 5 days or so?

Been doing that for years. Know exactly where to stand to not draw aggo when I log in.

I am not sure how what I am doing differs from what you are doing, though.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Hmm. For Witches Festival, I had a character stationed in Del's Claim at the boss. That character stood there for days and all I did was log in, wait for the boss, get my plunder skill and event ticket, and log out. I only left when I needed to redeem event tickets, so once every 5 days or so?

Been doing that for years. Know exactly where to stand to not draw aggo when I log in.

You're doing the same as me, but at a different delve, same outcome. Sometimes my character leaves to deal with the tickets, sometimes I log a different one in to deal with the Impresario.

I think the only time I'm kicked to the entrance is when I have to log out of the game partway through a quest instance. I don't do group dungeons, arenas or Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »

You're doing the same as me, but at a different delve, same outcome. Sometimes my character leaves to deal with the tickets, sometimes I log a different one in to deal with the Impresario.

I think the only time I'm kicked to the entrance is when I have to log out of the game partway through a quest instance. I don't do group dungeons, arenas or Cyrodiil.

And that's the same for me, different delve. I do this on 6 characters - 3 account mains both PC megaservers.

Caveat: I haven't tried this since Witches Festival, so if it got changed, I haven't run into it as yet. Guess I'll have to try it now and see.
    Edited by TaSheen on February 12, 2023 5:08PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about a timer, but getting kicked to just outside the entry of a delve has been a thing for years. I used to port to a guild house with crafting tables, merchant, and banker so I could free up inventory space while exploring a delve, then port to a house I hadn't bought yet to preview it, then exit that house so I'd end up back where I was before, but if you do that from a delve-- and also from a public dungeon, I think-- you end up outside at the entrance. The same is true with group dungeons, but you can use the glowing portal near the entrance to port back to the location of the last-killed boss.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post