The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best "Year Long Adventure" Chapter Main Villian?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Year Long Adventure meaning the 12-month storylines we saw for several years. Additionally, main villains only, meaning the penultimate ones are excluded like the likes of King "Da Gray Host is Mah True Ally" Svargrim, Councilor Vandacia, and Count Damard Dufort.

Personally, I believe Rada al-Saran was the best villain from these stories. He was teased in base game, and he had a great monologue where you get to interact with him and understand his intentions. He also had a things like lorebooks written by him which allows us to understand his perspective and how much he cares about those within his inner council. His statement when he pulls out his Shehai and says "Shall I show you the cut that sundered Yokuda?" was hype, even though quest mobs are too easy and are tuned to be doable by the average player.

I feel Lord Bacanator had the most wasted potential, for the Ascendent Order feel written forcibly evil so that the player doesn't go "Hey, they sort of have a point" and want to join them. Additionally, Bacardi could have benefitted so much from having a monologue moment we interact with him like we did with Rada. We didn't even get to see how Lord Bacaron convinced an army of people who sought a crownless utopia to accept another tyrant in the form of a new druid king.

Kaalgrontiid I feel suffered most from Season of the Dragon having too many characters packed into it to keep track of. I don't remember him much to have an opinion on him, aside from his actions.

Mehrunes Dagon already has the benefit of having been the Daedric Prince that has the most screentime as a major antagonist throughout the Elder Scrolls series, so can't really complain about it. The stuff regarding his link to Magnus and Dagon defeating the Deadlight prince is interesting.
Edited by Aliyavana on February 1, 2023 3:40PM

Best "Year Long Adventure" Chapter Main Villian? 175 votes

Kalgrontiid (Season of the Dragon)
33%
vailjohn_ESOdcam86b14_ESOgameswithaspoontspecherb14_ESOwookiefriseurSotha_SilLarsSAektannBlueVioletWingtiriusavaraoOtarTheMadParasaurolophusitepRex-UmbraOhtimbarfizl101MirelaUmbrellaLadyHeloiseTyhar 59 votes
Rada Al-Saran (Dark Heart of Skyrim)
52%
Tasvorichessalavakia_ESOopajZigoSidMaerdiathJD2013VriendaflizomicaTX12001rwb17_ESOKingArthasMenethilcamelliaTreselegantAvalonRangerLiedekepeacenotecyclonus11AnhedonieVaranaDestaicaptainwolfos 91 votes
Mehrunes Dagon (Gates of Oblivion)
12%
StxPyr0xyrecuprotiteShagrethTheOldPopsterGrimnaurAstironNumber_51SerasWhipTheImperfectKlauthWarthogFakeFoxWildRaptorXN3CR01Suna_Ye_SunnabeFenris_ArainaiDP99NeuroticPixelsDr_Conamig186derkaiserliche 21 votes
Lord Baconator (Legacy of the Bretons)
2%
ssewallb14_ESOGaebriel0410MaitsukasZodiarkslayer 4 votes
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Oh, this is a good thread topic. Thanks for bringing this up, @Aliyavana! Interested to see how others vote for this.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't play the vampire/werewolf stories. So Kaal gets my vote - especially since he took me even longer to get past than Muulamnir did....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just because I like saying his name...

Rada al-Saran...
    Raaaada al-Saaraan...
    Ràda-al-Sáran...

Rolls nice off the tongue.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked his story, he was a complex character. There were plausible reasons why he held off so long from an all-out confrontation. The end fight was quite enjoyable.
    PC EU
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't completed any of the year long adventures so I won't vote but I personally couldn't care less about the redguard vampire. He was so unforgettable as another mustache twirling evil doer from what I saw of him(I completed greymoor but nothing after)

Baconator was such a disappointment, the ascendant order in the lore/trailer has some good points to be made and sounded pretty cool. They also truly believed in this cause. But then they go side and say we want to conquer the world! Instead of having a man to man fight with a skilled knight vs the Vestige he becomes the new firelord. His fight was the most interesting from what I've seen.

I've seen nothing about Dagon or the Dragon so no comment there
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lorewise it's Rada, he's clearly being given the most thought and time, Kalgrontiid would be the second and his fight was actually pretty good and memorable visual wise. Gameplay wise none, sadly, but that's how eso goes nowadays.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess the daedric war arc (morrowind/clockwork city/summerset) was technically more than a year long story to be included in the list lol

i dont know if i would say if many of those i would consider interesting at all
    • dont really remember rada al-saran cause you never fight him
    • kaalgrontid was overshadowed to me by the whole arc involving cadwell
    • mehrunes dagon was ok, but the surrounding story was abyssmal (i hate eveli now because of it)
    • lord bacaro from the high isle one i think was a little bit of a surprise twist to me, not entirely what i was expecting (if looking mostly at the high isle content, the galen content kind of made it blatantly obvious pretty fast that something was up)

i think i still feel that the original game story (harborage quests ending with molag bal) was one of the most memorable stories, just felt like iconic elder scrolls, where the other ones either felt they dragged on way too long (made more of a problem by splitting the story between 2 zones), or just had poor writing
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    i guess the daedric war arc (morrowind/clockwork city/summerset) was technically more than a year long story to be included in the list lol

• mehrunes dagon was ok, but the surrounding story was abyssmal (i hate eveli now because of it)
    • lord bacaro from the high isle one i think was a little bit of a surprise twist to me, not entirely what i was expecting (if looking mostly at the high isle content, the galen content kind of made it blatantly obvious pretty fast that something was up)

i think i still feel that the original game story (harborage quests ending with molag bal) was one of the most memorable stories, just felt like iconic elder scrolls, where the other ones either felt they dragged on way too long (made more of a problem by splitting the story between 2 zones), or just had poor writing

There was a Rada al Saran fight, if I recall correctly. It came after you completed both Skyrim and the Reach, and got the wrapper quest for both zones.

As to the villains, I vote for Kaalgrontid because dragons are better than vampires any day.

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Oh, this is a good thread topic. Thanks for bringing this up, @Aliyavana! Interested to see how others vote for this.

Maybe, but... SPOILERS!!!

I mean, who on earth would have guessed that
    Lord Bacon
    could possibly have been a baddie? ;)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rada hands-down. Elsweyr’s villain had an interesting story too but I barely remember it nor do I understand why he’s in a prophecy at all.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    metheglyn wrote: »

There was a Rada al Saran fight, if I recall correctly. It came after you completed both Skyrim and the Reach, and got the wrapper quest for both zones.

As to the villains, I vote for Kaalgrontid because dragons are better than vampires any day.

it must have been so unmemorable that i completely forgot it then lol

i still remember taking down molag bal though, ~1 month after the launch of the game lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the whole story of skyrim was a fail but the Rada itself is surprizly well written and not-so-bad guy
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »

Maybe, but... SPOILERS!!!

I mean, who on earth would have guessed that
    Lord Bacon
    could possibly have been a baddie? ;)

I'm struggling through the High Isle main story quest currently and I figured this out the first time I met him (and had it confirmed in the voice actor stream).
    Edited by Hamish999 on February 1, 2023 5:55PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't completed any of the year long adventures so I won't vote but I personally couldn't care less about the redguard vampire. He was so unforgettable as another mustache twirling evil doer from what I saw of him(I completed greymoor but nothing after)

All of Rada's good stuff happens in Markarth. I felt the same way about him up to that point.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mehrunes Dagon (Gates of Oblivion)
    The ascendant lord made sense, the enemies were almost always a step ahead of you. That's why it became more and more obvious of who it was.

A plausible way to hide who the villain is would have been to use "fate" or the idea that the enemy is divining everything, but instead they attempted a realistic approach while at the same time giving us a target who not only issues quests, but helps you on these quests. Just because someone is helpful early on doesn't mean they won't betray you later. When it's revealed that the enemy is this NPC you've been helping the whole time it does come across as convenient.

Adding in a fortune telling quest npc or a priest npc to keep reminding about fate might help, as the player is clearly fate's puppet and the player literally has the backstory and a title "the Vestige" to back up the idea of being fate's puppet. This has been used in the past already, especially when dealing with powerful entities, so I don't see much reason to deviate from this.

for The Reach they did a reveal earlier on amd that too made sense, however they are unwilling to let main story characters go, which was evident at least twice in that story. I thought that the "twist" in skyrim was shallow as well.

Elseweyr was forgettable tbh, big dragons are big bad guys.

Mehrunes was aight, when the main antagonist is a daedric prince you pretty much have what you expect from the game.

In all of these chapters the villains had unrealistic goals/fantasies, which makes it easy to rule out certain characters.

Again I had little to no issue with the Mehrunes Dagon plot (it played with the idea of fate and prophecy), but the most recent chapter had the main antagonist being a npc you help/save in the main quest, and it started out as the A plot but became the B plot. There was no "becoming" the ascendant lord through the difficulties faced or through possession, he simply was and played the other parts/led a double life. This is a missed opportunity with the choice the writers made, though implementing the choice to have the main antagonist be possessed or be dramatic enough to become the antagonist would have been met with criticism as well.

For good examples of antagonists from the content just look at a chapter like Summerset. You had villains you can really empathize with. One of the first one we encounter wasn't just Aldarch Tilcalar/Duke of Clavicus Vile, it was actually Kinlady Avinisse as well, but she doesn't obstruct your path to justice- she is a victim of it. She was also racist in the script so the writers had a natural reason to make her into a fallguy that the player would not be sympathetic with, but that's the brilliance of that early situation in that chapter. She was made into a bigger villain than she was, her intentions got twisted by a person working with a Daedric Prince who operated in her blindsight. By having her be racist, the player also doesn't have to revisit this part of Altmer society. The writers could have also given her a path to redemption to complete the story, but it fine if left open like this (as if her's is the fate of racists).

but overall there's a lack of introduction to certain aspects of character development.

For example, if I wanted to work some supporting character as an expert interrogator, I would have them be a person who loves their job- extracting information from captured people, then have that interrogator complain that the people gave up too early over a couple of interactions with them over a period of a few quests. I would sprinkle in tidbits of this character deriving enjoyment out of torturing others, and brief explanations of their torture methods. After this has been teased a few times, I would then put the player in a situation where they either are being interrogated, or watch some of the interrogation happening. After this, I would then put that interrogator in a position where the player has to make a choice over whether to help the interrogator or not, and that this choice has consequences (i.e. whether to save the interrogator or one of their victims, whether to send another victim or not, whether to threaten to send someone to the interrogator to get info out of them faster, etc)

There can be far reaching implications of these choices- it starts off with character introduction, then it becomes something who the person who employed the interrogator is willing to deal with, then it becomes something that the player has control over. In this respect, they can work on character building to advance the story and world these characters live in. Sadly we don't see much of this. Instead, we get development as seen with Siravaen, which wasn't bad, but she was separate from the realm of the story which could have been done without her (I'm torn on this, but clearly she introduces a different aspect of sea elves that we never see, and it is done very well).

Another example- Archdruid Rahval- why is half his face scarred? why is he blind in one eye? is he blind in that eye? What happened to him and why couldn't the events of Galen be where he got maimed? Clearly a lot of work went into creating him, but nothing went in to making him into more than a living waypoint.
    Edited by Dr_Con on February 1, 2023 8:50PM
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite chapter with my favorite characters.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really didn't care about the story or the chapter (Greymoor). The world didn't capture the Skyrim feeling at all for me, and I find Werewolves vs Vampires very boring and un-original.
    Markarth was way better, with two major flaws - the Totally New Evil Thing Out Of Nowhere as the main antagonist / focus, and that forced happy ending.

But as a character, Rada al-Saran was good enough to overshadow these shortcomings. He is not an evil caricature of evil for the eevil lulz (at least not in Markarth), like so many other villains. He has a rather personal motivation that, for once, doesn't include World Domination (TM), the destruction of the world in general and Tamriel in particular, or any of that nonsense. And while he's clearly marked as a villain, you can understand why he's doing the things he does, you almost feel compelled to acknowledge that he does, in fact, have a point, and some may be tempted to try finding some middle ground or compromise.
    He also comes across as rather classy and with a decent sense of fashion (unlike that oaf from High Isle).

The Baconnattore was just a big disappointment all around. He was so clearly set up to be a villain during High Isle that I was very tempted to congratulate ZOS for baiting me into expecting his betrayal only to not follow through with it. (Though that made High Isle's story even more boring.) But then, Firesong killed any semblance of trope subversion and played it as straight as possible. Ah well, hopes dashed against the shores.

Barocco is also a prime example of how to ruin a perfectly good villain. The basic idea of someone wanting to end the War was really great, and could have made so much sense. But then, it was wrapped into that tired cliché of him playing the good guy while leading the bad guys. That can work if done right, but that is exceedingly hard, and esp. so because we have read, watched, and played dozens or hundreds of stories and have become rather sensitive to tropes like that.
    Rada al-Saran didn't try to be the good guy. He was doing something perfectly understandable, and the story still managed to make clear that he shouldn't be allowed to do it.
    And then, the end of Firesong. Again, striving for world domination and tyrannical doom. Yawn. The less said about Firesong's ending, the better.
    Edited by Varana on February 1, 2023 8:35PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found them all forgettable. Villains in ESO are always so predictable and you can guess who it is going to be in less than an hour of gameplay. I want a villain reveal to absolutely gobsmack me in disbelief. I'm looking for the ultimate betrayal of my time, trust and emotions. Imagine the villain walking out of the shadows for their reveal and the final boss fight of the year-long adventure. A bow is pointed at you and it's Eveli Sharp-Arrow! After all you went through together and it was just a lie! Now that's something I would never expect or forget! This is just an example; we all love Eveli. :)

@ZOS_Kevin

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radish Al-Saran Wrap wins for me because of how much you get to see of his backstory, especially during Markarth's preview quest (or however those are called). He's the sort of villain who must be stopped, but you can still kind of see things from his point of view.

I feel like the devs tried to pull a Palpatine on Lord Bacillus (soft-spoken good gentleman who turns out to be a dark lord). Although we always knew who the former truly was, the interesting thing was to see how he'd go from chancellor to Sith Lord; there was never a lot of mystery surrounding who the Buckethead Lord was, but that's because of predictable writing. Furthermore, the transition from good guy to evil master was rather dull. Whereas Darth Sidious was absolutely kickposterior while fighting Mace Windu and Yoda, Lord Bacchus just put on his iron atronach skin he got from the crown crates.

Kelvinsteed looked really cool, like a radioactive dragon with uranium horns, and fighting him was an epic endeavor. It's just a pity we didn't get to see more of him.

Meh-runes Bacon was always the year's baddie, but he acted mostly through his underlings, so as a villain he wasn't all that memorable.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Jarl_Ironheart
    Jarl_Ironheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    opaj wrote: »

All of Rada's good stuff happens in Markarth. I felt the same way about him up to that point.

Maybe my opinion will change about him. I'm kinda done with the vampire thing in TED after greymoor and dawnguard but I'll remain open and give it a shot before I fully judge
    Push Posh Applesauce, Pocket Full of Marmalade.
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rada Al-Saran was always interesting to me.

Mehrunes Dagon was kind of meh but, part of that was the story was retreading Oblivion which did a rather good job of Dagon which leaves future Dagon content with a high bar to match.

I had to look up Kaalgrontiid to remember him as I never really got his name down. I prefer threats that are more human in behavior than bestial and Dragons tend to act more like beasts.

Lord Bacaro Volorus was awesome in the trailers but, an absolutely massive and predictable disappointment in-game.
    Edited by chessalavakia_ESO on February 1, 2023 9:34PM
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of these 4 it's def Rada. He had a selfish, but understandable motive. Just a pity that the rest of the story and the heroes were pretty boring and less well written.

The problem with Kaal is that there were just so many dragons, they all sort of blend together and acted as a hive mind. Which isn't bad per say, but really makes it hard for Kaal to be memorable as an individual.

Mehrunes is kind of like a force of nature, so he is not really a 'villain'.

High isle needed more notable nobles to really craft a decent whodunit. And Lord B's evil persona could have been less melodramatic, destructive and hand-rubbingly evul.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rada Al-Saran was an interesting character, but I thought Greymoor+Reach's story, dialogue, and quests were terrible. Too much "holding the idiot ball" and treating the Vestige like a no body.

So I put my vote on Kalgrontiid. Also interesting and Elsweyr's main story was better done, therefore making its villain better.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of this selection, Rada Al-Saran. Although I generally didn't find these stories that creative, to be honest. Entertaining - yes. But most things are far too obvious and the use of tropes isn't that original, either.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't finished the Deadlands for Dagon yet, and I haven't even started High Isle, but it's pretty hard to beat the dragon that basically became a god.

Side note, is it just me, or were the Q4 DLC stories better than the chapter stories for the year-long format?
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of them were particularly great or well written but the one I have the most memory on is Kaalgrontiid. Cool looking Dragon, I liked his card in Elder Scrolls Legends too.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rada Al-Saran was an interesting character, but I thought Greymoor+Reach's story, dialogue, and quests were terrible. Too much "holding the idiot ball" and treating the Vestige like a no body.

So I put my vote on Kalgrontiid. Also interesting and Elsweyr's main story was better done, therefore making its villain better.

This was one big issue with Greymoor in that the villain never recognizes the fact the player might be a Vampire and not just a Vampire but a *** Blood Scion, your the vampire equivalent of a Prince/Princess in the Vampire Royal Family, not only are you are turned by the original vampire but the ritual replaces all of your blood with hers.
  • Northwold
    Northwold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Rada's moment with the player was essentially the one time throughout much of Elsweyr, all of Greymoor / Markarth and all of Blackwood / Deadlands when I thought / hoped the main quest writing might find its footing again and that this might not be another cartoon character. So he wins.

I appreciate this sounds snarky but I found the storytelling in those "year of" instalments, er, very challenging. Haven't played High Isle.
    Edited by Northwold on February 2, 2023 1:16AM
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going with Rada as well, for the same reasons you mention.
    I remember feeling a bit conflicted near the end of the story, kinda holding on to hope that he would have a change of heart.
    He was a very well thought-out and well written main antagonist.

I did enjoy Season of the Dragon but I think you nailed it when you said Kalgrontiid gets sort of lost amongst SO many other characters. Including his second-in-command, who ends up feeling more like the big bad than Kal does
    One moment really stood out for me in that story:
    Memory is vague on the exact where and when but I recall exiting a ruin and was confronted by Mulaamnir. He offers a 1-time "leave now and we won't hunt you" deal. It was a "thank you" for (unwittingly) freeing him and the other dragons.
    The exchange between him and the player felt well thought out and was a neat moment. I had hoped for more but sadly we dont get to talk to him much after that.
    Oddly that whole exchange felt to me like it SHOULD have been with Kalgrontiid.

Honorable mention: While he was not the antagonist, every conversation I got to have with Nahfahlaar was an absolute treat, or maybe I just love the way ZoS depicts dragons so much lol.

But yeah, Kal could have been a character with a deep impact on the player but sadly his interactions were too sparse.
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually think they did a really good job on Skyrim arc. Honestly, the others I just kind of skipped through and never really got into them.

FYI I never really liked the ESV Skyrim and only put about 20 hours into the game, so it wasn’t nostalgic or fun for that reason.