The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class Change Tokens - Request Number 73,276

• Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Please please please tell me its finally time for a class change token. I already have a character that worships Hermaeus Mora, and is practically already an arcanist. I have years invested in the character, so remaking him isn't an option.

This has been asked for years now, anyone else think its finally time for zos to make this money making machine?

Respectively requesting Class Change Token please. Request # 73,277

Guess I'll just wait out here in the cold with my ticket# then...
    Edited by Vulkunne on January 29, 2023 12:33AM
    No one is immune from failure. All have tasted the bitterness of defeat and disappointment but as for today... today Victory is mine. Long Live the Empire.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »
    No class change token... just play the game! Enjoy the journey, instead of rushing to the end.

There are many reasons for why not, but these are already mentioned here. Add to that, I like to know that those who are on a class, spend the time to level it. Especially now with a new class coming out.

That would perhaps hold water if there wasn't a 'class change token' of sorts in the crown store.

They will happily sell you the skyshards/skill lines/horse training... even motifs and research scrolls if like myself you like your characters fully decked for daily writs.

The only catch is, as in 'real life', you better not be poor because is going to cost you pretty penny to skip the 6-8 month grind.

A more affordable version would be nice.

So a 10% discount and we would seem to have what you are requesting.
    Amottica wrote: »
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    Sarannah wrote: »
    No class change token... just play the game! Enjoy the journey, instead of rushing to the end.

There are many reasons for why not, but these are already mentioned here. Add to that, I like to know that those who are on a class, spend the time to level it. Especially now with a new class coming out.

That would perhaps hold water if there wasn't a 'class change token' of sorts in the crown store.

They will happily sell you the skyshards/skill lines/horse training... even motifs and research scrolls if like myself you like your characters fully decked for daily writs.

The only catch is, as in 'real life', you better not be poor because is going to cost you pretty penny to skip the 6-8 month grind.

A more affordable version would be nice.

So a 10% discount and we would seem to have what you are requesting.

Not sure what you based that figure on, but not even close.

Implement an in-game shrine that allows you to change your class for let's say 1M gold and then we have what I am requesting.

Alternatively remove the ability to bypass 'the grind' from the crown store and then I will accept that these inconveniences are in place 'for the health and benefit of the game and the players' and not 'to sell you the solutions for additional cash'.

For as long as there is a grind only if you can't afford to bypass it I am going to be inclined to be believe the latter to be correct.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we do not have any plans on implementing class changes tokens at this time. There are a number of technical challenges with implementing them, and it would take a significant amount of time to solve these challenges efficiently and safely.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we do not have any plans on implementing class changes tokens at this time. There are a number of technical challenges with implementing them, and it would take a significant amount of time to solve these challenges efficiently and safely.
    Perhaps a different question might be pertinent: are you actively looking to solve the challenges you've mentioned?

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the inevitable showcase where the icon is shown by mistake (like it happened with Alliance tokens).
    Tam! RUGH!
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    Perhaps a different question might be pertinent: are you actively looking to solve the challenges you've mentioned?

Furthermore if they aren't actively looking to solve those challenges perhaps they should stop making changes to the classes that wildly diverge from the trajectory that they have followed for years until they do.
  • Icyfire369
    Icyfire369
    ✭✭✭
    The problem

Thanks for the response @ZOS_GinaBruno !

I can already tell you that it will be 100% worth the investment. I've got about 7 characters that I need to class change and simply remaking them is not an option. So as soon as they are available, $$$$ take my money!
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭

320px-SMirC-thumbsdown.svg.png

Especially considering how you absolutely destroyed Sorcs and absolutely dont even show any sign of makeing them at least halfway decent again, even on the contrary rip the last good points from them and give them to everyone...

On the other side such tokens could open up the opportunity for ZOS to kill a class and after everyone switched to make it good again and kill another one, so people keep paying for class change tokens. At least I wouldnt pay several times for a class change token and prefer to just quit in that case.

So maybe its even a good thing, not to have them, because its highly possible that the alternative could be even worse...
    Edited by KilianDermoth on February 1, 2023 5:34PM
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idk how to tell you this but I'll break it down for you I guess:
    - "we do not have any plans" and not even "we currently do not have any plans", that usually means that no, they are NOT actively looking to solve the challenges mentioned as they don't even plans for the feature. If they had plans for the feature, they'd actively be working on fixes but again, they have no plans whatsoever.
    - number of technical challenges, considering they're trying to not break the game when implementing new PLANNED features and when they said they were currently focusing on old big fixes = theie priorities and ressources are just invested elsewhere, simple

I don't know what your goal is with your post, it was pretty clear and direct as far as an answer goes: "it could be done, there are technical challenges in implementing this feature without breaking the game and we're focusing on other stuff and have no plans for that feature."
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With the number of completely ill-thought-out class nerfs and buffs this is a 100% essential feature that, at this point, it is difficult to not feel like we are actually owed. You keep rug-pulling people and yet are giving them no way to get the gameplay they signed up for without starting completely over. It isn't okay.

The game clearly already supports the ability to both add and remove skill lines. That functionality is used in adding and removing Emperorship. I can't imagine there is any real reason why that can't be implemented for class skill lines as well.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not bother with this expansion unless they add a class change token. I can't enjoy the game fully because of this.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't have plans to create a class change token, will you at least fix Templar, Sorc and Necro. These three classes have less buffs as the other classes and Templar and Sorc lack debuffs.

If you fix these classes I think the ask for class change token will be reduced. Though, players who only play one character would still like to see them in game so they can try out other classes.

Edited by MEBengalsFan2001 on February 1, 2023 6:02PM
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand what’s a challenge about implementing that.

Purchase token -> Use Token -> Remove all your class skill points -> Change all your class skills for the new one -> Progress from 0.

We can already change race which change our race passive skill.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Class change tokens would be detrimental to the long term health of the game. We are getting character slots so you can enjoy the game and all its content all over again with a new class.

how would they be detrimental ?
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malthorne wrote: »
    Class change tokens would be detrimental to the long term health of the game. We are getting character slots so you can enjoy the game and all its content all over again with a new class.

Why would it be detrimental to the health of the game?

MMOs need three things to thrive. New content, players repeating content and players doing a variety of content.

Class tokens take away from players repeating content and doing a variety of content.

some of us have done " variety of content " on 18 characters. we need class change tokens.
  • CoolBlast3
    CoolBlast3
    ✭✭✭✭

This is sad and basically means the new class will be useless for some people. Thank you for the update however.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I appreciate the confirmation. Just another year I will be passing on the expansion. Hopefully 2024 can implement more horizontal character progression for its year feature.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is a challenge if not something to conquer? Overcoming these technical challenges would give ZOS an immense amount of goodwill they've lost over the last three years.
    Edited by Dragonlord573 on February 1, 2023 6:29PM
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me looking at my sorc I was hoping to make into an Arcanist be like
    jyk0bjowivas.png
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And this is why you should of made it a Skill line instead. New classes suck for people who main one character. Having it be a skill line makes it accessible for all to have fun with. Big L. This and the endless dungeon (which cut story content which is...not good, like at all.) Basically means i have 0 systems to look forward to this year..

ty zos.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what your goal is with your post, it was pretty clear and direct as far as an answer goes: "it could be done, there are technical challenges in implementing this feature without breaking the game and we're focusing on other stuff and have no plans for that feature."
    It wasn't clear at all. I've bolded a part which is your interpretation and wasn't in any way said or implied. The only clear part was "There are technical difficulties." Which was what they said about Alliance Change tokens up to about a month prior to releasing them onto a press release server where screenshots then circulated and we ended up with them on PTS soon after. They may well be working towards pinning down those technical difficulties. But for some reason, you've taken offence to the question?

Asking for clarification isn't a bad thing, so I don't know why you've taken such grave opposition to the question. I haven't attacked anyone. Calm down.

@Troodon80 PC | EU
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would support this only if all class skill lines are set to zero progress on class change. You trained to become a master Templar, that shouldn’t translate to being an expert in Dragonknight skills or spells. Skill development on the new class starts from the bottom.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • benjima
    benjima
    Soul Shriven
    As someone who mains once character i am disapointed about not getting a class change token...
    However i'm going to make a new arcanist alt to see if i like the gameplay and if i do i'll be remaking my current necromancer as an arcanist. i have enough gold to remake the outfits, i can level at a nice enough pace and there is enough story content i like to not mind the hassle of going through it again... again.
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is extremely disappointing. I feel as if the fate of ESO comes second when it comes to prioritizing resources, that's since you announced the new mmorpg that's in the works. Hope I'm wrong! I was really hoping for a class change token as I absolutely love the Arcanist class. I guess I have to do every single thing again with him, just wish I had the time...
    Edited by Shagreth on February 1, 2023 6:59PM
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few questions about the idea of a class change... I have a Stamina Night blade that I made on Day -5, he is still my main and I have played him ever since, while I don't RP, I do have a personality for him in my mind, it has changed over time, but he is still who he is. He has changed weapons and had to learn the whole skill line, but he is who he is...

If I were to change his class, what would I face with the Class Skills? I have not used them, my knowledge of those skills would all be second hand at best... Would I need to learn them all from level 1 and up to 50? Would the experience I earned learning the skills of a Night Blade be applied to the skills of the new class? if so, how? Would the Experience be lost?
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you for the response! A feature like this would be expected to be safe to implement, so thank you for the careful oversight.

However, we would love to see this be added as it's becoming more of an expectation. I know someone who has leveled 200 characters and creates content for this game, adding this would enhance what he is able to do. You have people who would love to be a DK pvping on weekdays, but a necro tanking on the weekends, all on the same character. This is definitely a QOL feature that has been ignored or neglected for a while, some definitive timeline would make a lot of players happy.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It wasn't clear at all. I've bolded a part which is your interpretation and wasn't in any way said or implied. The only clear part was "There are technical difficulties." Which was what they said about Alliance Change tokens up to about a month prior to releasing them onto a press release server where screenshots then circulated and we ended up with them on PTS soon after. They may well be working towards pinning down those technical difficulties. But for some reason, you've taken offence to the question?

Asking for clarification isn't a bad thing, so I don't know why you've taken such grave opposition to the question. I haven't attacked anyone. Calm down.

Seemed clear to me. Sentence 1 from Gina is what they are doing. While it is phrased in a "never say never" manner, the phrasing says that this is not happening any time soon. If you want to know why not, sentence 2 gives the basic reason.

This is the same thing they said more than a year ago, for what it's worth.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Shagreth
    Shagreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Seemed clear to me. Sentence 1 from Gina is what they are doing. While it is phrased in a "never say never" manner, the phrasing says that this is not happening any time soon. If you want to know why not, sentence 2 gives the basic reason.

Hence why I'm upset about this, they give the ability to change class no priority whatsoever, same can be said for other much-requested features. ZOS really makes me sad sometimes, more so than Blizzard or any other company.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Troodon80

Based on her response, it seems the answer to your question is solid NO.

If they have no plans on implementing at this time there would be no reason to actively solve the challenges.

• Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seemed clear to me.
    Good for you. :star:
    And it's the same thing they said with Alliance Change Tokens along with statements such as "We want some things to have some permanence." You've been on the forum long enough to know that. They said there were significant technical challenges and that it wasn't on their radar. Up until about a month prior to that particular PTS cycle.

And as you'll note from the question I asked: I haven't asked if or when such a feature would be implemented. I asked if they were actively working on addressing the issues Gina noted. If they're working on the challenges, it doesn't mean they're going to implement Class Change Tokens. You have to be able to see the difference, right? If they do address and solve the issues, it opens the way to the feature at some point in the future. They don't have to commit to it.

Forgive me if I see very obvious holes in a somewhat vague statement and ask for clarification where you take it at face value, but there is a history with such statements.

@Troodon80 PC | EU