The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread For ESO 2023 Global Reveal- The Elder Scrolls Online: Necrom!

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhat excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin , will there be any true "upgrade" offered ? I followed the link to the pre-purchase page, and it only offers the new chapter with all the previous ones. That's no use to me, because I already own the previous ones. So naturally, I'm reluctant to pay the advertised price just to get 1 chapter.

Go to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store and scroll down to PRE-PURCHASE UPGRADES - those are the ones you need.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better than last year

Definitely need something to freshen up old characters though in Combat
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on January 25, 2023 11:57PM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin , will there be any true "upgrade" offered ? I followed the link to the pre-purchase page, and it only offers the new chapter with all the previous ones. That's no use to me, because I already own the previous ones. So naturally, I'm reluctant to pay the advertised price just to get 1 chapter.

Go to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store and scroll down to PRE-PURCHASE UPGRADES - those are the ones you need.
    No, that's not an upgrade: it actually only requires the base game to purchase, in other words it includes *all* previous chapters. I want to upgrade to the new chapter, nothing more.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't include the list of all the Chapters like the Collection does, and that's how the last chapter worked on the store I'm pretty sure.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

• vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't include the list of all the Chapters like the Collection does, and that's how the last chapter worked on the store I'm pretty sure.
    Sorry, my mistake. So why is the cost so high? I can't believe they're charging that much just to add 1 chapter. :(
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, my mistake. So why is the cost so high? I can't believe they're charging that much just to add 1 chapter. :(

Yeah, that's a puzzle. But for the Arcanist and Apocrypha I'll buy it - not sure I'll preorder it, but we'll see. Not thrilled about much of the preorder stuff - I do find it interesting that there's a "head covering" related to Vaermina though!

• AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cost is the same as it's always been. I think High Isle might even have cost a bit more.
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wanted something different for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    @ZOS_Kevin

Now that the reveal is over, could you possibly explain what this (below) was in reference to in Matt's letter? Was it a hint at the Endless Dungeon? Which the statement doesn't seem to fit with, but maybe it will once we learn more about it? Or is there something else coming that hasn't been discussed yet?

"And, on the other hand, our veteran players consistently tell us that they would like more content that isn't played through just once—they would like more content they can enjoy for years; content that utilizes our already existing zones to add new things to do, and most importantly, introduces some new gameplay."
    Edited by Cireous on January 26, 2023 12:12AM
  • Ingel_Riday
    Ingel_Riday
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very excited for the upcoming Necrom Chapter
    Speaking from the perspective of someone who played for six months in 2014, left due to the veteran level grind, came back because of the 2017 Vvardenfell expansion, and has been a subscriber ever since... it went well for me. I love the dark elves. They're what brought me back.

Your hosts were genuinely enthusiastic and gave off an aura of being happy and proud about their work, which is always a good thing. They all did great, especially your lore-master. Good times, all around.

Necrom looks great. I wonder if we'll get a public dungeon or something to flesh out that little mountainous nub now surrounded by Stonefalls, Bal Foyen, Deshaan, and Lower Telvanni Peninsula. Your art design looks great as well. The zone's buildings are clearly dark elven architecture at a glance, yet still distinct and unique compared to the standard dark elven buildings in Stonefalls and Deshaan. That's a fine line to walk and, based on what you showed today, it looks like you pulled it off. I also like that you didn't try to do the whole peninsula in one go. The Telvanni are too good to use up all at once. Now, should you need to stoke the fires of nostalgia to rope back in the Morrowind folk, you still have: a House Redoran zone area, a House Dres zone area (could be your next Dark Brotherhood evil faction for players to work for. Gotta get some naughty in there), and a House Telvanni upper peninsula for later. You're set.

The new class sounds neat. I know this will sound odd, but the combo stuff kind of reminded me of World of Warcraft retribution paladins circa Wrath of the Lich King. Some abilities would generate holy charges and others would use them. So... you had to be judicious in how you used them. Stuff like: "Do I spend 3 charge on a damage attack or save it to heal after this boss's upcoming AOE?" It was a fun mechanic and encouraged engaging with the combat system instead of just hitting things as they came off cooldown / wore off.

All in all, you hit all the notes I was looking for. 30 hours of new questing content, a new zone to explore, some new zany companions, and a new thing (in this case, a class) that integrates into the core gameplay. Tales of Tribute wasn't bad, but it didn't integrate into the core gameplay loop very well. This is better, in that regard.

I have two negative points, but they're off-kilter.

1. Some of the presentation worried me. I'll be frank: the noun / pronoun disagreements in High Isle and Galen were bewilderingly bad. I actually complained about them on the forums, which I don't normally do but jeez. To quote my own weirdo self:
    There was an entire chain of dialogue in Quest 3 of 6 in Galen that left me laughing. To paraphrase: "Frii is the Sower, destined to shape the three seeds into the crown, gauntlet, and scepter of the Druid King. They will put the crown on their head and they will rule all druids."

So... Frii is going to put the crown on its head and become the ruler of all druids? Or is Frii going to put the crown on the Druid King's Head so that the Druid King can become the ruler of all druids? Which third person plural pronoun refers to which singular entity? This was a subpar moment, haha.

Hearing Hermaeus Mora referred to as "they" instead of "he" several times over gave me war flashbacks, haha. I just... ugh. High Isle and Galen were the only two zones in this entire game during which I fast-forwarded through all the main quest dialogue. I just couldn't with it. I read fast and went next, next, next. It was rough. I'm a little worried here. I'd rather not do that two years in a row to avoid bad grammar, confusing sentence structures, and roughshod writing.

2. Combo charges are a great mechanic, but... how are you going to indicate them via the hud? Will runic charges appear on the screen as you build them up? (see paladins in Wrath of the Lich King).

Right now, only a few abilities "build up," in a sense. If you stagger an enemy as a dragon knight, your flame lash icon changes to an angry face to indicate that you can use a stronger version of it. If you proc crystal shards, the icon changes to a purple hued one. If you build up 5 charges as a nightblade, your merciless resolve changes to blue and a tiny ding sound plays (which you'll never notice in combat). Time to use the spectral bow. They're all kind of a pain, because there is no indicator by your target crosshair or anywhere on prime screen space that they're ready to go. All you get is a hue change on a small centimeter by centimeter box in the bottom part of your screen. Not great, but... it's only one ability on each class. You learn to put up with the inconvenience (though I wish my crosshair changed or SOMETHING to indicate that I have a special available).

A class that revolves around building charges is going to pretty miserable if it's treated the same way. Instead of a singular ability, all your abilities will feed into charge mechanics. You'll be spending way too much time staring at your abilities bar rather than the action, trying to make sure you're spending your charges appropriately. It sounds like the class is going to need some kind of unique hud element to keep track of charges so that the player's line of sight is maintained near the center of the screen, rather than flicking to and fro from the center to the bottom to the center.

That's it for my feedback. You all did a great job. I've already pre-ordered and I'm looking forward to seeing your work firsthand.

Edit addition: I do hope the fine feathered code-warriors who did the ambient madness in the previous expansions had fun here. The daedroth eating a scamp in Deadlands, the Argonian licking frogs in Galen, the poor fellow afraid of crabs in High Isle, and that poor woman that wanted to ride a fire lizard in Amenos... just wonderful insanity. Quintessential Elder Scrolls hijinks. Here's to hoping they squeezed some bizarre random encounters and Easter eggs in here, because they're just delightful.
    Edited by Ingel_Riday on January 26, 2023 1:03AM
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The cost isn't high if you don't buy the chapter. It's very high for what you get with this.
  • Caribou77
    Caribou77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for new PVP content.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Mesite wrote: »
    Exactly what I hoped for, a new class.

Some people mention spell crafting but I never bothered with spell crafting in the old elder scrolls games. Classes are the way to go.

You never bothered with Spellcrafting in the old Elder Scrolls games, but classes - which have never been a thing in the old Elder Scrolls games - are the way to go? Mhhhhm…

There were classes in TES III, although you could also make your own (not the same thing as ESO classes, but these contributed to starting abilities and what skill lines would contribute to your leveling up, if I recall correctly).

I never did anything with spell crafting either. I don’t think I knew about it and at that time, I played more with weapon skills anyway (and all the crazy effects you could enchant your gear with!).
    Edited by Araneae6537 on January 26, 2023 1:28AM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Mesite wrote: »
    Exactly what I hoped for, a new class.

Some people mention spell crafting but I never bothered with spell crafting in the old elder scrolls games. Classes are the way to go.

You never bothered with Spellcrafting in the old Elder Scrolls games, but classes - which have never been a thing in the old Elder Scrolls games - are the way to go? Mhhhhm…

There were classes in TES III, although you could also make your own (not the same thing as ESO classes, but these contributed to starting abilities and what skill lines would contribute to your leveling up, if I recall correctly.

I never did anything with spell crafting either. I don’t think I knew about it and at that time, I played more with weapon skills anyway (and all the crazy effects you could enchant your gear with!).

That makes three of us. I really liked making my own class, but spell crafting wasn't anything I wanted to mess with after trying it out. Still, TES III is the only one of the series in which I didn't finish the MQ, and in which I didn't spend a lot of hours. I'm just not a dunmer/Morrowind fan.
    Edited by TaSheen on January 26, 2023 12:27AM

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

Very disappointing. Not really in what is being released, but with the ritual blackout of information. Nothing on the upcoming DLC that is releasing in just a few weeks. Very little information about the new class. Very little information about the last half of the year.

It was pretty much a waste of my time. Do better next year, please.

What we should get: ptn0gugs585k.png

What we got: p1h0zlv0f575.png

Edited by Elsonso on January 26, 2023 12:39AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks to be a solid addition. I like new classes, and was just doing an inventory of how many of each class I have.

On the PvP note we must all remember......"War......war never changes......"

The "endless dungeon with a buddy" is the most exciting feature to me. Being able to smash around with one like minded person who I can match tempo with is much easier to find then 3 other people with the same mindset like in classic dungeons. My wife and I do all the pledges most days as duos with companions.
  • kadok00
    kadok00
    ✭✭

ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Will we get more character slots? You know, for those of us already attached to 18 characters?

Yes! We are getting two new slots taking the total to 20!
    [/quote]

Oh I somehow missed that, thanks !
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No upgrades or bug fixes for Cyrodiil, no population cap increases, no new PvP systems or rewards. And a new class that can port out of danger? Looks like sad times for PvPers.

Also, looping dungeons limited to 2 players is the new system? Instead of putting a portal to where you queued in at the end, they put a portal back to the beginning of a dungeon instead? I honestly can't think of a lower effort, low hanging fruit to call a "new system."

Edited by Jaraal on January 26, 2023 12:38AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy about the zone, but I didn't want a new class. As a one character player, I guess I can safely ignore it though, so there's that.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Sigh.

Very disappointing. Not really in what is being released, but with the ritual blackout of information. Nothing on the upcoming DLC that is releasing in just a few weeks. Very little information about the new class. Very little information about the last half of the year.

It was pretty much a waste of my time.

Just for context sake, we will have more information on that class over the coming months, in addition to other aspects of Necrom. Friday's livestream is going into more detail on the U37 DLC, so you'll hear more then. This was just focused on Necrom and big picture stuff. We'll also have more info on the last half of the year once we get past Necrom release.

Also keep an eye out for our roadmap graphic that we'll have coming over the next few weeks.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigh.

Just for context sake, we will have more information on that class over the coming months, in addition to other aspects of Necrom. Friday's livestream is going into more detail on the U37 DLC, so you'll hear more then. This was just focused on Necrom and big picture stuff. We'll also have more info on the last half of the year once we get past Necrom release.

Also keep an eye out for our roadmap graphic that we'll have coming over the next few weeks.

Don't care for more information if it's just going to be more of the same.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be honest: I love the vibe of the new chapter. I love hermeous mora, the whole eldritch horror feel, more morrowind, and the new class looks kinda cool.
    I'm extremely disappointed in the new system. I don't care for companions or card games.
    I'm here for PVP. What the game was marketed initially as. ESO has unrivalled gear/build craft in an mmo.
    Please, for the love of the 9 freaking divines, start paying more attention to pvp in this game. This game has so much potential to be excellent and have a massive following, but it is squandered by lack of effort and resources going into pvp.

Rework ic like react faster's suggestion (can rez at any flag, only people in your group are non hostile, max group size of 6, more tel var scaling).
    Give some new bg maps.
    Give us a bg lobby so we can have premade matches and guild training sessions.
    Add group duels, permit them in player housing.
    Fix the lag in cyrodiil.

Most of these aren't insane requests. They likely aren't that difficult to do in comparison to other changes or systems. They are tweaks to existing things.

Please, put some effort into pvp in your game that was made to be a pvp game.

Hats off to the animators, artists, musicians, voice actors, and everyone else who does put in effort into this beautiful game. You guys are just doing your jobs, and doing them well. Senior management needs to do some refocusing, though, imo.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the new Companions aren't as picky as the previous ones!!
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.

You had your chance, guy. Sorry, but it is pretty clear that you majorly missed the mark today.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Shadow Over Innsmouth reference and cosmic horror mention was entirely unecpected and it got me very interested. I don't think the story will be as weird and dark as an actual cosmic horror story, but i'm sold for an overall well-done story with some cosmic horror aspects and references.

I loved the cinematic trailer, honestly i thought ESO had lost it for good. First good cinematic since Summerset imho, and one of the best in general. I like the new music, tbh i find it bold even.

I'm not super hyped for new class, and it wasn't the selling point i wanted either. I also don't like the fact that ZOS advertised it as one of the most requested features. Like... I haven't seen one single person mention arcanist class and i've been here since launch. But then again, i'll take it anytime over something like a mini card game.

A brand new 2-person content (an endless dungeon? whatever that means) sounds good for the end of the year. I'm sold for that one too.

Overall, this looks like the best chapter since Summerset, and i'm looking forward to it. But obviously, i'm only cautiously optimistic.

Good direction, good announcement. Hoping for good implementations :)
    PC|EU
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was just focused on Necrom and big picture stuff. We'll also have more info on the last half of the year once we get past Necrom release.

Thanks for clarifying, Kevin.

I was hoping for more information on the Q4 system tbh. As someone who has always wanted more replayability (of quests), I am anxiously awaiting some details on this system. Though I have to say, "endless dungeon" really doesn't sound like what I was hoping for.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the things a new Class? Why not add Skill lines to the game for all Classes to use???

Doing all content for GUILDS (mages, fighters, dark brotherhood, thieves, undaunted, Legerdemain, soul magic, psijic order, alliance war, and all the Crafting & decon grind. Unlocking all the wayshrines in all the zones, Chasing down skyshards.

Mount Training alone takes 180 Days and that is per Character.

With the way ZOS messed up AWA its so bungled up, that I don't enjoy playing my current alt characters. Why Grind 10th?

Yes, you can grind from level 1 t0 50 in a few hours... But its the nightmare of the content to get the skill lines and skill points needed to play the game is just a horrible experience after you do it 3 or 4 or (may the gods forbid) more times.

Oh Yes... You can buy it all in the crown store .... yes you can around 24000 Crowns, just for the Skill lines mentioned above. AND No Skill Points come whit those purchases.

Edited by majulook on January 26, 2023 1:42AM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Was their any mention of the gear sets coming out? Any links to these sets to preview them?
    For the Empire
  • Fruity_Ninja
    Fruity_Ninja
    ✭✭✭
    No PVP content update. No server upgrade update. Whitestrakes’s Mayhem removed from Q1 events.
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t watched the reveal thing because it was at 4am my time, but if I look at the poll results and replies so far (yes, I know it’s only the forum and there’s many more players outside the forum) it looks to me like, once again, ZOS does not know what their players want (or they don’t (want to) listen).
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t care about another class, and I’m ambivalent about more of Morrowind as I’m not particularly attached to the Dunmer. I liked the expansion to the biomes that the Deadlands got however, and am interested in seeing a similar expansion for Apocrypha.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.