Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SUGGESTION: Make filled bookshelf furnishings interactive, showing a random book you've collected

Kirawolfe
Kirawolfe
✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but it seems such a waste to have these lovely filled bookshelves in your home that you can't do anything with.

It would be awesome if you could interact with them just like any other bookshelf in the world, and it could randomly gives you a book you've collected. I think it would be awesome :D

Sorry if this has been suggested before - I did a search before posting.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 24, 2023 4:32AM
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not expecting they’ll do this but, if they did, I would totally want to select which of the many lore books I’ve collected are actually on the bookshelf, i.e., those which have a possibly of being the one selected upon interaction. :)
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding

Cool, thanks!
  • Kirawolfe
    Kirawolfe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not expecting they’ll do this but, if they did, I would totally want to select which of the many lore books I’ve collected are actually on the bookshelf, i.e., those which have a possibly of being the one selected upon interaction. :)

That would also be great :D I figure at least random, with zero interface would be the easiest to achieve, but it would be neat to sort them.

It's just, I create so many library sections of homes, and outside of me shoving books onto the shelves myself (which takes up precious item space), they're inert and rather sad.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirawolfe wrote: »

That would also be great :D I figure at least random, with zero interface would be the easiest to achieve, but it would be neat to sort them.

It's just, I create so many library sections of homes, and outside of me shoving books onto the shelves myself (which takes up precious item space), they're inert and rather sad.

I am probably weird, but I would rather the furnishings as they are now than the chance of pulling out just any book. Every readable book I place is specifically selected! :sweat_smile: Maybe a special book shelf furnishing that had that capability (rather than all existing filled bookshelves)? But then what style should it be in… might need several…

I would be glad for it to be an additional furnishing option, just not to be forced on the bookshelves I already have unless I had full control over it. Going further, if we could somehow recreate any book or scrap of paper we’ve found as a furnishing, I would have sooo much fun with that!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on February 1, 2023 4:43PM
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a good idea, only if there is an opportunity to upload into it those books that we received in the guild of magicians and for quests. Fill a virtual bookshelf in other words. Another thought came. "Legendary Library Bookcase Eidetic Memory" item - this library will contain all the texts read by the player, which are stored in our Eidetic memory
    Edited by LikiLoki on January 25, 2023 12:23PM