The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Support refuses to tell me why I was kicked from game dozens and dozens of time. "Find out yourself"

EF321
EF321
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I cannot play battlegrounds because I am getting kicked towards the very end of the match half the time.
I contacted support multiple times, all I am getting is generic replies like "it's probs your addons or connection or you are pressing to many keys at the same time cya bye gl finding out yourself what it is, not my problem". Yeah, which one it is? How do I know where to even look?

I've already spent DAYS playing without random addons and learned nothing. Maybe it is not addons at all? How do I know?

If I am getting kicked, there must be logs with a reason why I was kicked. Why is support refusing to tell customer why customer is unable to participate in game mode?

I don't even know it it is addons to begin with, it takes anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes for queue to pop and 10-15 minutes until I get kicked, just how many months do I have to spend trying to figure out on my own instead of support looking into logs just once??

Last ticket number is 230111-000965
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. What does the error popup say when you get kicked?
    2. Does it also happen when you play without any addons?
    3. Does it happen in other situations outside of battlegrounds?
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i0mahu60ynld.jpg

It's a generic "kicked for spam" error, it does not happen outside of BGs, there is nothing special about the moment in BGs when I get kicked (just walking, spawning, , dead, middle of the fight etc) and it doesn't even always happen with all of the the addons, so it hard to say if I lucked out on not crashing without any addons, but in a couple of games that I did, I did not crash.

It is much less likely to happen in deathmatch, but happens; far more often in objective modes and never early in the match, always when it is close to an end.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my (somewhat limited) experience, that "message rate limit" error is due to a bad network connection to the server, not something you've done in-game.

Also, if it is an add on (and it probably isn't), I recommend starting by disabling all add-ons and seeing if that helps. Disabling one at a time won't catch any problems involving more than one add on.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on January 22, 2023 3:33PM
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my (somewhat limited) experience, that "message rate limit" error is due to a bad network connection to the server, not something you've done in-game.

This wouldn't be BG-exclusive issue then I'd guess. Also only started with Firesong patch, had no such issues before and I did not install any new addons since. Also the fact that I can't find anyone else complaining about this. All addons I am using are available on ESOUI and no one is complaining about getting kicked from BGs.

I really just want to know actual reason for being kicked at this point, that's all. If I am being kicked, there must be a reason logged. They are kicking me and not telling me what I am doing wrong. I am not a beta tester who is getting paid for this, it is reverse, I am paying for subscription while being unable to play properly. I gladly wouldn't be doing whatever it is, I don't know what. "Avoid excessive messaging". I was not messaging. Can they me what I am doing wrong? I asked multiple times, and they still tell me it is "my fault", without telling me what is it that I did wrong.

I am getting kicked by server, it is not my machine crashing to desktop or lua error on my side. There is nothing I can do on my own if I am getting kicked by server without proper explanation.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @EF321

We have sent you a forum PM regarding your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @EF321

We have sent you a forum PM regarding your ticket.

Hi,

I keep updating it, they still won't tell me what is the reason for kick and keep insisting that I should spend even more time finding out myself...

Since I played two matches with no addons and was not kicked, they insist that I should spend months finding out myself IF it is any particular addon... meanwhile I was able to play more matches with all the addons enabled too. There is no clear indication that this is caused by addons.

I just want to know why am I being kicked. Actual reason why system is kicking me. Not a guess from support member, actual reason why I was kicked countless of times. I can not stop doing whatever I am doing wrong if support refuses to tell me what it is.

Please. I've spent countless hours on this already. Just tell me why I am being kicked. I can not troubleshoot problem if error I am getting is this uniformative.
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    This may be no help at all, but a long time ago I had a damage addon that scrolled the damage in the chatbox and yea, it got me kicked a few times with the same message. I know you've checked playing without addon's but thought I'd toss it out there just in case. Any addon, even for sales for a guild and such, that potentially shows in chat could end up with this result. I now make sure no addon has anything in the options checked for "scrolling" or anything to do with the chat or text box.

As I said, might be of no help but thought I'd toss it out there.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alastrine wrote: »
    This may be no help at all, but a long time ago I had a damage addon that scrolled the damage in the chatbox and yea, it got me kicked a few times with the same message. I know you've checked playing without addon's but thought I'd toss it out there just in case. Any addon, even for sales for a guild and such, that potentially shows in chat could end up with this result. I now make sure no addon has anything in the options checked for "scrolling" or anything to do with the chat or text box.

As I said, might be of no help but thought I'd toss it out there.

Yes, I have Miat's that outputs killfeed and people joining/leaving to chat, and it was one of the first suspects to test. Along with other directly PvP related addons or chat related addons, turning them off did not help.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I now got 10 (TEN) replies from support to this same ticket (not counting tickets before that) none of them answering question I asked them:
    Why am I being repeatedly kicked from server? What is the reason? What did I spam?

It keep telling me I am spamming. I AM NOT SPAMMING. Support refuses to tell me what I am doing wrong and keeps insisting it is my own problem that I should be solving myself. But I can't solve it without knowing proper reason why they are kicking me.

@ZOS_Bill why are they keeping reason they are kicking me a secret? Is it possible to get actual support from support?
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you aren't spamming anything, your computer still could be. I'm pretty sure the "messages" that error is talking about are just general messages from your computer to the server. These can be things like movement commands or ability casts, and the spamming is probably being caused by a network bottleneck causing messages to get bunched together and not anything you're actually doing in game.

Do you play on WiFi (or cellular/satellite internet)? Do you ever have problems with other internet-based services (like other games, Netflix, or YouTube)? Do you have a high, or highly variable, ping to the server? Have you switched ISPs recently? These are the types of questions you should be asking.

I agree that the error message you're getting is cryptic and confusing, but it is an accurate description of what the server is seeing from you, and ZOS probably doesn't have much more (useful) detail available.
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    losing connection to the server when I zone! fix the servers!!!1
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

This wouldn't be BG-exclusive issue then I'd guess. Also only started with Firesong patch, had no such issues before and I did not install any new addons since. Also the fact that I can't find anyone else complaining about this. All addons I am using are available on ESOUI and no one is complaining about getting kicked from BGs..

It could very well be BG-exclusive as a matter of speaking. At times our playing has higher activity things can get bogged down more if there is a data flow issue somewhere.

Also, by your own comment here, it seems more localized to you instead of to BGs or add-ons. That suggests the issue is closer to home but does not mean your PC is the issue. There are many routers, switches, and splices between our PC and the game servers.

Even at home, there could be issues. @the1andonlyskwex brings up some good points concerning wifi. Wifi is much less reliable than copper wire for connecting to our modems and is susceptible to interference from the design and construction of our homes or from other wifi devices when living in a densely populated area such as apartment buildings.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to rewrite the customer facing part of that message.

Near as I can tell, what they are really trying to say is that something is trying to communicate with the server too fast and the server is having nothing of it and kicks.

Every time this has happened to me, I have been able to trace it to something related to an addon.4
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    getting lag and then disconnected multiple times. Zoning and fighting in dungeons. Mostly in Southern Eslwere (SP)
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

This wouldn't be BG-exclusive issue then I'd guess. Also only started with Firesong patch, had no such issues before and I did not install any new addons since. Also the fact that I can't find anyone else complaining about this. All addons I am using are available on ESOUI and no one is complaining about getting kicked from BGs..

It could very well be BG-exclusive as a matter of speaking. At times our playing has higher activity things can get bogged down more if there is a data flow issue somewhere.

Also, by your own comment here, it seems more localized to you instead of to BGs or add-ons. That suggests the issue is closer to home but does not mean your PC is the issue. There are many routers, switches, and splices between our PC and the game servers.

Even at home, there could be issues. @the1andonlyskwex brings up some good points concerning wifi. Wifi is much less reliable than copper wire for connecting to our modems and is susceptible to interference from the design and construction of our homes or from other wifi devices when living in a densely populated area such as apartment buildings.

This is precisely the issue and the only reason I am contacting support - I have no idea what it is, error I receive on my side is meaningless, and I need support to tell me what triggers the kick. It could be anything, I still have no confirmation whether it is connection, addons or something else, and I tried a lot myself already with no success. If this was addon LUA error I could have worked with that, since it is generally have pointes to certain addons, but it is the server that is unhappy with something, and I have no way of knowing what it is, and they don't want to tell me either. It could be anything and I can't be guessing. Well, I was guessing and I failed... many many times.

I have no way to reliably reproduce it in any reasonable timeframe, nor would I want to - 15 minutes in queue, 10-15 minutes of match itself, just to potentially get kicked in the end with no rewards, but wasted potions and food/scrolls in the process. Or it could go all fine and I learn nothing in the process.

All I want is a straight answer, either for them to tell me what triggers the kick or tell me that it is impossible because they are not logging why they are kicking players from their servers.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

This is precisely the issue and the only reason I am contacting support - I have no idea what it is, error I receive on my side is meaningless, and I need support to tell me what triggers the kick. It could be anything, I still have no confirmation whether it is connection, addons or something else, and I tried a lot myself already with no success. If this was addon LUA error I could have worked with that, since it is generally have pointes to certain addons, but it is the server that is unhappy with something, and I have no way of knowing what it is, and they don't want to tell me either. It could be anything and I can't be guessing. Well, I was guessing and I failed... many many times.

I have no way to reliably reproduce it in any reasonable timeframe, nor would I want to - 15 minutes in queue, 10-15 minutes of match itself, just to potentially get kicked in the end with no rewards, but wasted potions and food/scrolls in the process. Or it could go all fine and I learn nothing in the process.

All I want is a straight answer, either for them to tell me what triggers the kick or tell me that it is impossible because they are not logging why they are kicking players from their servers.

There is a test that can be run from the initial window we open when we start ESO. It is called the Game Consultant and is found under the "About" section. I understand that the test report provides information as to why the game is crashing but unsure if it can detect the reason for disconnecting since that is often caused by a cease of data being transmitted and received. That is probably beyond the information the game client collects and certainly beyond what the server sees.

What I have done with connection issues is called my internet provider and had them run tests. I have had a host of different issues over the past 20+ years that have impacted my connection close to home (6 addresses during that time). Once, I had to change providers because they were not fixing the issue. All of which Zenimax would not be able to troubleshoot. With the service provider, I would make sure I follow their protocols to make sure you are not charged if they do a home visit.

I have had bad switches/connections near the home. I have had technicians take resources to make a new connection to make the monthly quota. Degraded wire inside the home. Insulation worn-off wire outside the home. Wrong panel was used for the speed of the package I had. One time I had three things wrong that were detected only by the local tech.

Continue working with Zenimax to see if they can find a solution. Work this from both angles. Good luck.