The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Currently a weird meta...

Crow_IX
Crow_IX
✭✭✭
Can build for raw damage, i.e. damage, crit, penetration and still not do enough damage and not be able to sustain or survive. What the hell am I supposed to build for this meta(without cheesy proc sets)? As a stamblade blade specifically because all my other classes seem to do just fine for some reason?
RIP skill based PvP days. . .
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Cheesy proc sets in what regard? The meta for nightblade is all stat sets right now, they are proc but they provide raw stats. Nightblade is super powerful right now, but it still has a pretty high difficulty curve.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • AdamLAD
    AdamLAD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a mag sorc main. I jumped on stam nb and immediately felt how overpowered it is in comparison. I was destroying people in 2 to 3 hits. I have no idea how are not doing enough damage. What are you currently using
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pick your targets more carefully. Make sure in your game settings you have it configured so you can see how much health people have. Not percentage-- actual number. It's a pretty tanky meta as you noticed, filled with DKs and Wardens that you may not be able to bring down 1v1. But there are an equal number of "others," and those are who you need to focus on.
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    Cheesy proc sets in what regard? The meta for nightblade is all stat sets right now, they are proc but they provide raw stats. Nightblade is super powerful right now, but it still has a pretty high difficulty curve.

example of build?
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    AdamLAD wrote: »
    As a mag sorc main. I jumped on stam nb and immediately felt how overpowered it is in comparison. I was destroying people in 2 to 3 hits. I have no idea how are not doing enough damage. What are you currently using

balorgh, night mother, and third set changes around. sprigs, order's wrath, shieldbreak, automatons, senche, stunhs, briarheart, and i'm sure there are a few more that i commonly swap around mix and match. but its usually raw damage sets stacked up.
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Pick your targets more carefully. Make sure in your game settings you have it configured so you can see how much health people have. Not percentage-- actual number. It's a pretty tanky meta as you noticed, filled with DKs and Wardens that you may not be able to bring down 1v1. But there are an equal number of "others," and those are who you need to focus on.

my issue is that these "tanks" do more damage than I do and self healing is kind of dog ***. half the time a 20 second rally will take my resources but give me absolutely no heals. its a tough time out here and there are a lot of things i dont understand since i havent really played since 2018ish
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 seconds is all it takes to delete most players on nb

It’s usually as easy as counting to 5. Sometimes it’s rinse and repeat with cloak and shade.

But as far as gameplay goes, that’s probably it.

The key is just to have patience and wait for your opportunity.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on January 11, 2023 2:16AM
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    Crow_IX wrote: »

example of build?

Nightmothers gaze and rallying cry. Meta setup at the moment, you can melt most people if you know what you're doing. Tanky people might still take some pressure to put down though.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

balorgh, night mother, and third set changes around. sprigs, order's wrath, shieldbreak, automatons, senche, stunhs, briarheart, and i'm sure there are a few more that i commonly swap around mix and match. but its usually raw damage sets stacked up.

Yep...the same sets on my NB vs my Necro....concealed weapon hits harder than Blastbones (and it never fails to function like BB does). And I get an execute, and a burst skill that hits twice as hard as BB on top of it. It doesn't matter to me if Merciless is slow, telegraphed, or easy to dodge. I never just fails and stands there, like BB. And I can use it from Keep walls unlike BB. It is a no brainer.

It is remarkable how overloaded concealed weapon is, NB is worth playing over every other class just for that skill, imo:
    • 10% damage done
    • 15% movement speed, minor expedition
    • Major resolve armor buff
    • 3% health
    • off balance

The fact that my spammable replaces casting a stupid buff every 20s is icing on the cake.
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭

It’s usually as easy as counting to 5. Sometimes it’s rinse and repeat with cloak and shade.

So you're saying I'm forced to play a gank blade?
    Edited by Crow_IX on January 11, 2023 9:15PM
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Yep...the same sets on my NB vs my Necro....concealed weapon hits harder than Blastbones (and it never fails to function like BB does). And I get an execute, and a burst skill that hits twice as hard as BB on top of it. It doesn't matter to me if Merciless is slow, telegraphed, or easy to dodge. I never just fails and stands there, like BB. And I can use it from Keep walls unlike BB. It is a no brainer.

It is remarkable how overloaded concealed weapon is, NB is worth playing over every other class just for that skill, imo:
    • 10% damage done
    • 3% health
    • off balance

The fact that my spammable replaces casting a stupid buff every 20s is icing on the cake.

In the same build as my NB i can get my BB to hit for 10-12k. and it lines up perfectly with dizzyswing which is another 6-8k sometimes 10 depending. thats an easy 20k. and on top of the damage necro has better survivability resources. not sure were you could struggle with necro more than you would with nb.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started playing abit 2 days ago again, been off eso for like 6-7 months. 90% of players in pvp are either a warden, a magplar or a magdk. Boring. I saw 2 sorcs and 2 nbs in cyrodiil. Maybe balance is abit askew?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where the hell are you that you see more magplars than NBs. PCNA Grayhost you can't swing a dead cat without popping a NB out of stealth. Templar's, you have to get in front of a zerg before you see pot shots of Jesus beams from the back.

[snip]

[Edited for Baiting]
    Edited by Psiion on January 12, 2023 1:37AM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No this is possible on a regular meta open world build.
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭

No this is possible on a regular meta open world build.

I am asking for builds more than tips or maybe even CP allocation is different now, idk I haven't changed most my stuff since 2018ish. What would be a good way to run solo open world brawler. If I can run dw/2h without spin to win that would also be nice.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After removing some Baiting content from this thread, we would like to leave a reminder that the forum's are a place for civil discussion. Baiting, mocking, personal jabs, or otherwise provoking other members of the Forum's is against the Community Rules and is never acceptable.

Moving forward, please keep posts constructive and within the Community Rules.
    Staff Post
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

• 10% damage done
    • 3% health
    • off balance

In the same build as my NB i can get my BB to hit for 10-12k. and it lines up perfectly with dizzyswing which is another 6-8k sometimes 10 depending. thats an easy 20k. and on top of the damage necro has better survivability resources. not sure were you could struggle with necro more than you would with nb.

I don't struggle with necro...NB is vastly more effective and efficient.
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭

• 10% damage done
    • 3% health
    • off balance

I don't struggle with necro...NB is vastly more effective and efficient.

in what sense
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Use Offering to burst heal, not Rally. Invest in high WD and mobility, use the CP that raises mag regen while sprinting to help sustain it (and cloak). All skills scale with your highest offensive stats now (compared to 2018).
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Necro is one of the weaker classes right now
    Nb is one of the stronger
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭

How do you figure? In what sense?
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭
    Dorkener wrote: »
    Use Offering to burst heal, not Rally. Invest in high WD and mobility, use the CP that raises mag regen while sprinting to help sustain it (and cloak). All skills scale with your highest offensive stats now (compared to 2018).

Oh is that all I need to do? So night mothers/spriggs/stuhns + clever alch/briar/order's + balorgh just doesn't cut it and I need more damage? What builds are good high damage builds that allow me to fight in 1vX scenarios, not explicitly but in a lot of cases it's what it comes down to and I would like to not die the moment a second player comes into the mix.
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭

Oh is that all I need to do? So night mothers/spriggs/stuhns + clever alch/briar/order's + balorgh just doesn't cut it and I need more damage? What builds are good high damage builds that allow me to fight in 1vX scenarios, not explicitly but in a lot of cases it's what it comes down to and I would like to not die the moment a second player comes into the mix.

If you run 2h you will still want to run rally. Major brutality is super important.

Nightmother's is meta right now. If you seek sustain, run wretched vitality on your back bar, it will cover any and all sustain your build needs.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorkener wrote: »

If your issue is survivability you could try Rallying Cry. Not a huge loss in damage, good defense against big crits, and backbarrable.
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    • 10% damage done
    • 3% health
    • off balance
    so how it makes it op if 10% dmg buff has some conditions and stamnb has:
    [*] 10% damage done
    [*] 15% movement speed, minor expedition

[*] minor savagery
    [*] minor breach
    [*] crit every 4s

[*] Major resolve armor buff
    [*] 3% health
    [*] off balance
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AndreNoir wrote: »
    • 10% damage done
    • 3% health
    • off balance
    [*] 10% damage done

[*] minor savagery
    [*] minor breach
    [*] crit every 4s

[*] 3% health
    [*] off balance

Think that's only an issue if you're clinging to old versions of the game. There's not really stam vs mag anymore.
  • AndreNoir
    AndreNoir
    ✭✭✭
    AndreNoir wrote: »
    • 10% damage done
    • 3% health
    • off balance
    [*] 10% damage done

[*] minor savagery
    [*] minor breach
    [*] crit every 4s

[*] 3% health
    [*] off balance

Think that's only an issue if you're clinging to old versions of the game. There's not really stam vs mag anymore.

There is still since the best armor in the game is medium, the best heal is stamina-based and weapons... If someone talks about NB then at least point that it strong as stamina or hybrid and as mage class it's meh at best still
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See the problem with stamblade is, it's not hybrid blade.
    Traditional stamblade is as it's always been.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I figure as every single extremely skilled and knowledgeable pvper I know says the same thing.

I'm not going to break down the passives and bonuses of each class, but if you took a look at them you'd understand why.

Also, recently necro has even received survival/healing nerfs while nb has received offensive and defensive buffs.

Bottom line necro is one of the weaker classes and nb is one of the stronger. This isn't remotely up for debate.
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Crow_IX
    Crow_IX
    ✭✭✭

I figure as every single extremely skilled and knowledgeable pvper I know says the same thing.

I'm not going to break down the passives and bonuses of each class, but if you took a look at them you'd understand why.

Also, recently necro has even received survival/healing nerfs while nb has received offensive and defensive buffs.

Bottom line necro is one of the weaker classes and nb is one of the stronger. This isn't remotely up for debate.

so your argument is based off what you hear and who you deem "good player"? how interesting. in what way has nb survivability been buffed? nb may be high damage and in a good spot, so long as you use the magika version of the abilities. in which why should i be forced to play magika or hybrid? I'm not sure who these "good players" are but necro is still very survivable, very sustain able and damage feels just fine. where as nb is just squishy and relies on a hit and run playstyle this meta, which is difficult because myself and a few others have been experiencing what i assume to be dots or maybe proc dots pulling us out of stealth instantly making 1-2vX kind of impossible (in a non gank fight).