The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Question] Is there a timer for a high quality item drop?

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
There are rumours that there is a timer that prevents the drop of an item of a certain quality when looting a container. For instance if I looted a violet item I would have to wait a certain time before a new item with the same quality can drop.

So does such a timer exist or did ZOS confirm that such a timer does not exist?

If it exist I have further questions:
There are different item categories with different qualities that can drop from containers:
- style books (usually blue or violett, rarely golden)
- blueprints (white, green, blue, violett, have never seen a golden blueprint drop from lootable containers)
- loot item (white, green, blue, violett, have never seen a golden loot item dropped) from containers to steal from

So my question is (if there is a timer):
- Is this timer global? So it runs irrespective of the item category? That is if I found a violett item of whatever category I would have to wait a certain amount until a vioilett item of any category can drop again?
- Or is there a timer per category? So if I loot a violett loot item I would have to wait a certain time for a new violett loot item can drop again but a violett blueprint can still drop before the timer runs out?

And another question: If there is a timer, does this timer run irrespective of container that dropped the item of a specific quality or is there a timer depending on the loot container type? For instance chests, ordinary containers or those trader chests one can steal from?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 6, 2023 7:09PM
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that I have seen or heard of.

Purple and gold motifs and designs are rarer drops. As such, it is designed and intended that we would obtain them less often.

Since their drop rate is set to a lower chance, there would be no need to put a timer on them as it would be virtually pointless.

• DinoZavr
    DinoZavr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cooldown for a gear piece? no.

motifs after Elsweyr are on 20 hours cooldown (there is an addon Item Cooldown Tracker for that)
    looted furnishing plans (better than normal quality) are on 15 minutes cooldown for green and blue, and probably 30+ minutes for purple (this does not affect drops from the master furnishing documents, of course)
    that are the only cooldowns i can remember so far.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Players Helping Players section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • SpiritKitten
    SpiritKitten
    ✭✭✭✭
    DinoZavr wrote: »
    cooldown for a gear piece? no.

motifs after Elsweyr are on 20 hours cooldown (there is an addon Item Cooldown Tracker for that)
    looted furnishing plans (better than normal quality) are on 15 minutes cooldown for green and blue, and probably 30+ minutes for purple (this does not affect drops from the master furnishing documents, of course)
    that are the only cooldowns i can remember so far.

and I have looted a purple plan in the same type of box immediately after a blue plan so plans/recipes of different colors do not share a timer