The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sorcerer - Slotting Summoning Skills?

Windy_Player
Windy_Player
✭✭
I'm level 18 Sorcerer - now I have two summons apparently. Great, but they take up 2 of my precious 5 skill slots. I looked for a way to quickslot the summon skills and can't fine a way to do that. I have seen the Y key pop up, but can't find a way to load it up.

Is there a way to put my summon skills on something else to recover my precious 1-5 skill slots?
Thx
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 6, 2023 6:21PM
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. If the summoning skill does not stay among your 5 slots the pet will despawn.
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    Yep I see that I can swap weapons and use the other weapon 5 slot to do the other summon. So that's still only 1 slot lost on each weapon's slots. But still. Sure would be nice to quick slot them.
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    Hum.... So let me see if I get a despawn if I swap weapons away from the summoned pet. Hummm???
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    Bummer.... Sigh.... Yep it despawns if you swap weapons.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »
    No. If the summoning skill does not stay among your 5 slots the pet will despawn.

This.

And it is a skill which is why it can not be placed in a quick slot or anywhere other than where a skill can be placed. Since they do not despawn unless killed (not needing to constantly reactivate them like other summonses) we need to place them on both bars.
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you use both summons you even will loose 4 slots (2 on each).

But you probably havent noticed it yet, if they are already summoned you can activate them an additional time to use their special ability! This way they provide 2 effects, the summoned and the additionally activated effect. So they are basically 2 skills in one if it helps to see it this way.

If you still have to less slots available, thats the reason to learn bar swapping early in the game. This way you get 3 Slots frontbar, 3 Slots backbar + 2 permanent pets + 2 additional effects on the pets + 2 ultimates (the atronach is temporary and thus doesnt have to be double bared).

Usually one of the morphs of each pet is a heal (a heal you will have on both bars, which might be handy for the begin) and the other morph is for damage.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Windy_Player
    Windy_Player
    ✭✭
    Ok. I'm confused. I know and have used WEAPON SWAP. No problem.
    But I've seen "Bar Swap" mentioned. I searched the Key Bindings and cannot find it. Did I miss it? This toon is level 17. Do I now have BAR SWAP on this toon yet?

Am I correct that WEAPON SWAP and BAR SWAP are two different things?
    Is the fix to my problem to put the Pet Summon skills on the "BACK BAR" so they will continue to be spawned while I use 5 skills on the FRONT BAR and when I want to use Pet Ability I just swap to the back bar to use them?

Why can't I find any mention of BAR SWAP in the UI of my toon? Does it appear later than Level 17?

Thanks for fixing my confusion. I watched a while video about Bar swaping and the guy was going to tear it up in PVP with his bar swapping, but never said how to do it in over 20 min of video. Sigh...

;) Thanks for fixing the noob confused me
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can euqip 2 weapons at the same time and swap them mid fight as often as you want! Each weapon has its own skillset (frontbar / backbar).

Yeah its something different than switching the actual weapon via inventory.

But I dont know whats the default keybind, I have customized mine 😁

As far as I remember it is unlocked at level 10 or 15. You even get a weapon for free when this happens.

Also its mentioned in the level up info as far as I know.

The thing with sorcerer pets is that you have to put them on both bars! (They take one slot on each bar = 2 slots). But for the other 3 slots you can slot different skills on your front and on your back bar and have 6 no pet skills this way.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People use bar swap and weapon swap as the same thing.

At level 17 you should have the second bar available which allow you to have a second set of weapons slotted on that bar and the skill slots that come with it.