The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

World Map Won't Stay Zoomed In!

DP99
DP99
✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to use the Wayshrines to move around the map, or even just pull up the map in general to make markers and move around a zone or in a delve or dungeon, and it just keeps zooming out and it won't stay zoomed into the zone or area!

I'm on PCNA and I use an Xbox controller.

I can kind of force the zoom by holding the triggers down, but I shouldn't have to do that, it should stay zoomed in or out just by pressing the appropriate buttons once.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 25, 2023 4:48PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DP99

Do you still have the same issue if you switch over to a mouse and keyboard?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Bill wrote: »
    @DP99

Do you still have the same issue if you switch over to a mouse and keyboard?

I haven't tried it, no. It may just be a problem with the controller going bad, though.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @DP99

If the controller is wired, you can try using different USB ports to see if that makes a difference.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • DerethDawnblade
    DerethDawnblade
    ✭✭✭
    Could just be a sticky button. Try cleaning the button with some isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip.
    If it requires a more in-depth cleaning, make sure the controller is disconnected from any power source before removing the shell.