The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best stamNB gear for melee ganking?

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭✭
Any recommendations for my humble, mediocre and talentless bosmer in cp pvp?
Edited by Psiion on December 31, 2022 4:28AM
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

As this thread is regarding PvP advice, we have moved it to the PvP Combat and Skills section as it is better fit here.

Staff Post
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You move posts to sections where there are little or no response…
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the forums themselves are less active these days. If most people are like me they just browse the recent topics, going 4 pages deep before figuring everything beyond is old/dead.

So if your topic doesn't get a response in the first day it might not ever. I find that once one person says something the rest follow though.

So I'm not much of a NB but I'll tell you what I think and someone will probably come educate us both.

Defilers, Scavenging Maw, Flame Blossom, and Selene's are the popular proc sets for melee ganking right now I think. But I think stat sets are pretty useful too. You have a lot of percent +damage modifiers on NB but you need a certain base weapon damage to make the multipliers worthwhile. So proccing up with rallying cry or clever alchemist on the back bar is probably recommended. I'm not sure what other sets might fit this. Briarheart?

Either way I think you're going to want to kill people basically the same way you always did. Use a ranged weapon and stealth to build up stacks of assassin's will, then close the distance and pop out of stealth with an incap+assassin's will combo.

If you use a staff BB you can make use of elemental susceptibility for breach and status effects. If you use a bow you can use poison injection with an infused damage glyph.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tnx for reply! :):):)

I will get the gear and follow your advice, so perhaps I’ll be less subprime in PvP.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I think the forums themselves are less active these days. If most people are like me they just browse the recent topics, going 4 pages deep before figuring everything beyond is old/dead.

So if your topic doesn't get a response in the first day it might not ever. I find that once one person says something the rest follow though.

So I'm not much of a NB but I'll tell you what I think and someone will probably come educate us both.

Defilers, Scavenging Maw, Flame Blossom, and Selene's are the popular proc sets for melee ganking right now I think. But I think stat sets are pretty useful too. You have a lot of percent +damage modifiers on NB but you need a certain base weapon damage to make the multipliers worthwhile. So proccing up with rallying cry or clever alchemist on the back bar is probably recommended. I'm not sure what other sets might fit this. Briarheart?

Either way I think you're going to want to kill people basically the same way you always did. Use a ranged weapon and stealth to build up stacks of assassin's will, then close the distance and pop out of stealth with an incap+assassin's will combo.

If you use a staff BB you can make use of elemental susceptibility for breach and status effects. If you use a bow you can use poison injection with an infused damage glyph.

actually a thread moved to the proper section makes better for it because the answers from people that write walls of text with personal stories, entitled opinions, demanding rewards for little effort, etc, has less and little value or might be straight up wrong.

the sets you mention have delay after the hit landed so all will fail a gank unless the target is afk for two seconds.

you need sets that give effect on the first hit and that to hit as hard as it can.

u can use Stygian, some crit damage sets like Orders Wrath or Archers Mind. Balorgh would be best fit for gank i suppose. Just go to eso hub or eso sets and filter by weapon damage and or crit.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Thecompton73
    Thecompton73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Heartland Conqueror on body with Balorghs, two pieces of trainee, ring of the wild hunt, Master DW front bar and Vateshran Bow back bar.
    Frontbar has 1 nirnhoned and 1 sharpened and I run double dot poisons and backbar sharpened with a magic damage/return enchant. With everything fully buffed and Balroghs Procced I hit nearly 7K weapon damage, and 25K penetration front bar and 6.4K weapon damage and 28K pen on my back bar.
    I'll get right up close to someone and do Lethal Arrow--LA--Poison Injection--barswap--Dawnbreaker--LA--Rending Slashes--whirlwind. If done right they start to react to the bow attacks but then you stun them with the DB giving you time to get in the Rending and Whirlwind. If someone has less than 27K health you can just skip the bow part of the rotation.
    It's a very squishy build with very little sustain so If I don't get the kill within the first few seconds I escape using the Wildhunt Ring, major expedition from bow and rolldodging until I get out of detection range then I cloak and immediately change direction.
    Edited by Thecompton73 on January 1, 2023 4:09PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I looked up the three proc sets I mentioned and scavenging Maw has a 2 second delay. Flame blossom only has 1 second though and defilers has no delay.

So I think Flame Blossom and Defiler could work. Granted, your target might break free and roll dodge in time. But there's a delay on assassin's will anyway so if you can make that hit then your proc will too.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    OBJnoob wrote: »

actually a thread moved to the proper section makes better for it because the answers from people that write walls of text with personal stories, entitled opinions, demanding rewards for little effort, etc, has less and little value or might be straight up wrong.

the sets you mention have delay after the hit landed so all will fail a gank unless the target is afk for two seconds.

you need sets that give effect on the first hit and that to hit as hard as it can.

u can use Stygian, some crit damage sets like Orders Wrath or Archers Mind. Balorgh would be best fit for gank i suppose. Just go to eso hub or eso sets and filter by weapon damage and or crit.

Stygian axes+archer's mind+balorgh+vampire stage 3 is what I use and it's pretty ugly on people but very hard to sustain, because you give up the serpent mundus for added crit damage.

I am thinking about selenes instead of balorgh to make use of incap stun a bit better, but Selene's hasn't been on my death cap in a long time so I don't trust it. And thinking about dropping stygian for something like wretched vitality so I have better sustain.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile