Should we move the Abah’s Landing Wayshrine?

The_Titan_Tim
The_Titan_Tim
✭✭✭✭✭
After completing the Thieves Guild again for the first time since 2016, one problem stood out to me as I experienced it time and time again, and it was more-so a matter of inconvenience… was that every time I wanted to visit the city for the quests, I would have to ride into town. This inconvenience also negatively impacts Guild trader traffic as players are less inclined to ride into town for traders than if they were simply by the Wayshrine.

I’ve noticed with all future DLC regions after, that the main towns all have Wayshrines within them or close enough (like Kvatch) that it doesn’t provide a significant problem whereas Abah’s Landing is massive, Leyawiin and Solitude even went as far to have two wayshrines, one outside the city, one within.

I’m creating this pole with three possible options, moving the Wayshrine, adding another new Wayshrine to Abah’s Landing, or leaving it alone as this is simply a matter of convenience.

For reference, I’ve added where I would like the Wayshrine to be moved or added to…

zdezuyomb5h3.png

Edit: For clarification, the third option’s name is intended to be funny, not to take away from anyone’s opinion that things should remain the same, your opinion is valued! :)
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 30, 2022 4:38PM

Should we move the Abah’s Landing Wayshrine? 56 votes

Move the Wayshrine!
14%
Iruil_ESOBlkadrTairenSoulThe_Titan_TimAmerisesMidniteOwl1913Scywareamig186 8 votes
Add another Wayshrine!
55%
fleetingyouth_ESOcalitrumanb14_ESOhrothbernCGPsaintRaddlemanNumber7emilyhyoyeonKitty_QuietlyArchonLucienJaraalHotdog_23spartaxoxoMichaeSallymenbmnobleACamaroGuyEnvvyFlameweaver1951haelgaanKaGaOriSilverStreek 31 votes
Convenience… gross!
30%
vailjohn_ESOchessalavakia_ESOThorntonguehondelinkTandorfizl101TheSpunkyLobsterSydneyGreysharquezWildRaptorXSyldrascolossalvoidsIshtarknowsTaggundLalMirchikevkjmetheglyn 17 votes
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the wayshrine being outside the city,when I did TG for the first time I had high bounties on my character and not running into a guard is ideal.
    If anything there could be another wayshrine near the Guild traders but other then that I think it is fine how it is.
    Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.Lewis Carroll
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Convenience… gross!
    I never found it inconvenient. If you have a bounty, you can access the thieve's guild through a tunnel in a pipe instead of going through the city. When you're at the wayshrine looking towards the city, go through the desert to the left to find it.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move the Wayshrine!
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I never found it inconvenient. If you have a bounty, you can access the thieve's guild through a tunnel in a pipe instead of going through the city. When you're at the wayshrine looking towards the city, go through the desert to the left to find it.

Yeah, I know about the tunnel, I’m talking about the other parts of the quest line that have you running all over the city, if you look at the spacing between the traders and the Wayshrine, it is a huge distance.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move the Wayshrine!
    I like the wayshrine being outside the city,when I did TG for the first time I had high bounties on my character and not running into a guard is ideal.
    If anything there could be another wayshrine near the Guild traders but other than that I think it is fine how it is.

If you would be down for adding another wayshrine, feel free to vote on it! :)
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine where it is. Also, your poll is pointless to participate in since it's worded to be biased.
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More bothered with the location of the guild traders than the wayshrine. Moving those to the tents near the wayshrine or that square behind the frontgate would be great.
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move the Wayshrine!
    Snamyap wrote: »
    More bothered with the location of the guild traders than the wayshrine. Moving those to the tents near the wayshrine or that square behind the frontgate would be great.

A nice change that would eliminate the post-Thieves Guild inconvenience! Unlikely though as then the docks would then be completely barren of anything.
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    Move the Wayshrine!
    I don’t see the value in doing thieves guild. I’ve been playing for several years and can’t bring myself to do it, as it just seems like a waste of time. Is it just about achievements or is the story really good?
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add another Wayshrine!
    Amerises wrote: »
    I don’t see the value in doing thieves guild. I’ve been playing for several years and can’t bring myself to do it, as it just seems like a waste of time. Is it just about achievements or is the story really good?

I did it for the achievement furnishings when i came to pc, im quite fond of the cloaked statue. Other than that i find it the stopping and starting of the questline according to your notoriety a little irritating 😆
  • fizzylu
    fizzylu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to bother me that it was so far from the guild traders.... but after getting every increase to mount speed possible it doesn't anymore. Mount speed is so fast in this game it's ridiculous haha and I already think this game has too many wayshrines on top of our zoom zoom max speed. It also kind of makes me sad that I don't see many people just running around on their mounts questing or doing world content.... they just fast travel everywhere and it lowkey makes the zones feel dead (or you know, more dead than they are).
    Edited by fizzylu on December 30, 2022 12:30PM
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Move the Wayshrine!
    Amerises wrote: »

The story is alright, I played all of the other games which was why I had to do the Thieves Guild, it was a favorite of mine in Oblivion where you got to get the Gray Cowl, although I don’t know where the “no killing” philosophy went in ESO.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do people make Bias polls. You need to have a no leave as is option as well.

That being said, leave it alone. It's suppose to be inconvenient. A lot of people travel there with bounties and can quickly go in the side entrance to the Den and clear it. That's the point of the location. Far enough out of town so a guard doesn't attack you, and close to the den entrance so you can easily clear your bounty.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snamyap wrote: »

This.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Four_Fingers
    Four_Fingers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wayshrine is fine as is.
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything there could be another wayshrine near the Guild traders but other then that I think it is fine how it is.

Same for me, none of the poll options match. For me it's convenient as is.

I don't like places where the wayshrine is close to other things, resulting in a dense crowd (not to forget all the pets...), plus the disadvantage to be close to guards upon arriving. Personally, I like it as it is and generally prefer when features like the different services and shrines are somewhat apart on a bigger surface. Sorry. :)
    Edited by DreamyLu on December 30, 2022 2:54PM
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • chessalavakia_ESO
    chessalavakia_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Convenience… gross!
    I'd argue the current location is more efficient than the proposed location and that having two wayshrines would cut into the feel of Abah's Landing as you would be doing more porting around and less traveling through.

The Guild Trader is a bit inconvenient if you aren't arriving by boat but, that acts as a factor in the bidding process. The guilds that have it now might not be able to afford it if another wayshrine is added and it becomes more desirable.
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's fine as-is. You'd fare better if you requested the traders be moved closer to the wayshrine, but it's unlikely to pass. Abah's landing is uninteresting, my interest is in the sewer entrance.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Convenience… gross!
    Wayshrine is fine where it is, or move it closer to the TG entrance as that's the only reason I visit the area. Guild stores are too far from the wayshrine to bother with.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

As this thread has derailed with back-and-forth and non-constructive commentary, we've closed this thread. Please see community rules here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.