The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zos should allow more bank space for active guild and players with no eso+

• Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    ZOS are cutting back on database storage, not increasing it. Don't forget to add in housing storage. There's no reason for non-hoarders to run out of space and there's no justification for hoarding these days. Didn't ZOS say once that their logs show most players don't max out their present storage capacity?

I have a full bank, 4 full boxes, full inventory on 2 toons. With Eso +

You can get another 4 storage boxes too if you're running out of storage

• Mesite
    Mesite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have ESO+ and have the extra 500 slots from a guild bank, and a separate account where I store materials on spare toons.

My bank is full of crafting writs I haven't done yet. my guild bank is full of duplicate recipes as I haven't decided which of my toons to learn them on after my crafter. There is armour I don't dare deconstruct in case I need them soon - when I work out if they are good or bad.

Every time I do something - quest or dungeon - I get more stuff and I don't have time to play AND sort the wheat from the chaff.

My houses are getting full of furniture. Just dumped, in case I ever find time to arrange it. But who ever needs 30 branches? Or 25 animal skulls?

Edited by Mesite on January 1, 2023 5:45PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't that storage space is lacking. It's letting things pile up and assigning value to useless items.

Dont let writs, surveys and maps pile up. I complete mine the same day I get them but for those who would rather do them in batches set a day every week to do them and stick with it.

But the biggest problem is keeping every single item just in case it may have some value some day. Except for the very few good items that a player may find when playing the vast majority of it is chaff. Don't overthink things. Just deconstruct and/or sell these items.
    Edited by SilverBride on January 1, 2023 6:52PM
    PCNA
  • The_Titan_Tim
    The_Titan_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m 100% in advocacy of adding more inventory space, as other games have no problem doing this when adding new stuff, look at vault space in Destiny for example, it’s been increased multiple times and that game lets you move your gear around between characters even while you’re in combat, with an external app.

This will never happen in ESO as the marketing team have aggressively attacked inventory management to sell their membership and their artificial solutions. Every patch, more style materials are added that take up inventory and new sets are added to collect instead of abilities that provide whatever it is the sets do as you can’t take up inventory space with abilities then you have all of those new furnishing plans that people like to hold onto in the hopes of selling… but look in the crown store, they sell storage chests for homes, there are non-combat pets you can buy to boost inventory space, a fancy Deconstruction lady, Merchant and a Banker all to help you keep your inventory clean.

Management of your inventory without ESO+ is possible though! Only after you’ve dropped hundreds of dollars into the game on inventory management crown store purchases.

After Update 36 I dropped my ESO+ and have decided that until my area of the game gets new content, PvP, they aren’t getting another dollar from me, as it seems I’m paying for game-breaking bugs, and nothing else but I’ve made it work, buying everything with gold.

The only possible way to handle inventory space as a non-ESO+ member is to snatch up all of the storage chests for your house and to store your mats in there.

How you can fit all your mats into the boxes would be to either sell or give away all base materials under 150, and to assign them into categories.

As far as gear goes, after the addition of Reconstruction, there is less reason than ever to hold onto sets in the hope you’ll use them one day. Lock anything valuable to you. For me, it was my Lich set from pre-One Tamriel… then Deconstruct EVERYTHING.

After you’ve done that, get out there and do your surveys and you’re good to go. Hope this short essay was helpful, I apologize if it was a lot to read.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't that storage space is lacking. It's letting things pile up and assigning value to useless items.

Dont let writs, surveys and maps pile up. I complete mine the same day I get them but for those who would rather do them in batches set a day every week to do them and stick with it.

But the biggest problem is keeping every single item just in case it may have some value some day. Except for the very few good items that a player may find when playing the vast majority of it is chaff. Don't overthink things. Just deconstruct and/or sell these items.

That is absolutely NOT the problem for everyone. Some people, sure, and others like yourself have no problem with space. But people do things differently and that is perfectly valid. I don’t keep junk and sell or delete duplicate motifs and recipes, potions I don’t use, etc. Same with gear, I periodically revaluate anything I’m keeping but not currently using and decon.

For me it’s the furnishings for several reasons:
    1) Not all items are always available, at least not without paying a premium — this includes luxury furnishings, or course, but others as well, including coming on a good sale, or items that drop infrequently or only at certain times of year. Again, I don’t buy or keep everything and things like burnt branches I can’t see myself using, I vendor when I get.

2) I’m sure many people decorate more efficiently than I do but I like to work on things over time, as I have time, furnishings, materials, inspiration. I like to play with seeing how different options look, and this means having some extra furnishing options.

3) Sometimes a furnishing I bought or built doesn’t work how I had hoped — now what? Maybe sell, but often the going rate is less than the material cost, so if I think I might use the furnishing elsewhere, it only makes sense to keep it.

I’m not hoarding junk, not every furnishing I get much less all sorts of consumables. I’ve even destroyed bound Crown furnishings because if I’m not going to use it, having it take up even virtual space is just senseless.

It upsets me when people say, this isn’t a problem [SNIP]. No, people may have different ways of doing things and enjoying the game and that is perfectly valid. I am sure there are other reasons too that people may need more space — experimenting with builds or keeping items to sell on traders come to mind. So, no, it’s not a problem for everyone, and that’s great, but it’s not enough space to suit everyone’s playstyle, and that doesn’t mean the lot of us hoard junk.
    Edited by ZOS_Suserial on January 1, 2023 11:02PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is absolutely NOT the problem for everyone.

I never said it was. But there is an undeniable amount of hoarding that goes on in this game and no amount of extra storage space is ever going to be enough for some players.

Also, extra storage space is a perk of ESO+ and should not be given to non subscribers as the OP suggested.
    Edited by SilverBride on January 1, 2023 10:58PM
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Suserial
    ZOS_Suserial
    admin
    Greetings,

This is a friendly reminder to remain on topic and civil when posting. We understand that people will not always agree and have their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community. It’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, but provoking conflict, baiting, insulting, trolling, etc. Is never acceptable.

Thank you
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Community Rules | Code-of-Conduct | Terms-of-Service | ESO-Home | ESO-Help
    Staff Post
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. They need to up the storage space for non-subscribers. And then ofc continue to let that be doubled for Plus. Right now, the amount of storage someone gets without Plus is totally unfair to the amount of items that have been added to the game. I have played with Plus and without it, and there's a reason so many Plus subscribers would quit the game rather than not have Plus. And it's because the craft bag alleviates what is quite near unplayable levels of bad storage.

It's not actually totally unplayable, but is a truly awful game experience as it stands. And as a paid subscriber, I don't think the game should be awful if you don't pay what is supposed to be optional money for any aspect of play. It's very anti-consumer. The game should be good without Plus and better with Plus. Instead, the no-Plus storage so terrible as to be unplayable to many Plus subscribers.

This is not a free to play game. There's really no excuse for the inventory to be so poor for non-Plus players.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 1, 2023 11:49PM
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The never ending wheel of meta that is always constantly shifting and changing has led me to make more sets of gold gear and than should ever admit. If the return of investment on mats spent was better than I wouldn’t have a problem breaking it all down. Because things are always shifting including with older gear we hoard it on the off chance that it becomes useful or possibly even niche for an off meta build again. Some of the old meta sets still fit the niche role quite well and some are better run situationally that whatever the flavour of the month happens to be. And so we keep it and it accumulates.

Newest wheel of meta hasn’t got much better because we are carrying stam and mag versions of all the meta sets to match group. Bank space is also a product of the armoury system. Everything once stored in a coffer now goes in the bank. Cause and effect. Perhaps the armoury should have it’s own separate inventory system?
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the armoury should have it’s own separate inventory system?

That's a really good idea.
    PCNA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is absolutely NOT the problem for everyone. Some people, sure, and others like yourself have no problem with space. But people do things differently and that is perfectly valid. I don’t keep junk and sell or delete duplicate motifs and recipes, potions I don’t use, etc. Same with gear, I periodically revaluate anything I’m keeping but not currently using and decon.

For me it’s the furnishings for several reasons:
    1) Not all items are always available, at least not without paying a premium — this includes luxury furnishings, or course, but others as well, including coming on a good sale, or items that drop infrequently or only at certain times of year. Again, I don’t buy or keep everything and things like burnt branches I can’t see myself using, I vendor when I get.

2) I’m sure many people decorate more efficiently than I do but I like to work on things over time, as I have time, furnishings, materials, inspiration. I like to play with seeing how different options look, and this means having some extra furnishing options.

3) Sometimes a furnishing I bought or built doesn’t work how I had hoped — now what? Maybe sell, but often the going rate is less than the material cost, so if I think I might use the furnishing elsewhere, it only makes sense to keep it.

I’m not hoarding junk, not every furnishing I get much less all sorts of consumables. I’ve even destroyed bound Crown furnishings because if I’m not going to use it, having it take up even virtual space is just senseless.

It upsets me when people say, this isn’t a problem [SNIP]. No, people may have different ways of doing things and enjoying the game and that is perfectly valid. I am sure there are other reasons too that people may need more space — experimenting with builds or keeping items to sell on traders come to mind. So, no, it’s not a problem for everyone, and that’s great, but it’s not enough space to suit everyone’s playstyle, and that doesn’t mean the lot of us hoard junk.

I so agree with furniture storage being the biggest issue!!

I have aĺl 8 storage chests, ESO+, a private personal guild bank and I also own every gold purchasable house in the game atm + a few crown houses too! To be fair I only have 15/18 characters on my main acount so there is inv space to be had, plus I have a 2nd account

When I am decorating a house my inventory issues can escalate very quickly..... I often try multiple items before I settle on the "right" one. So every time I'm doing housing I make MORE stuff to store!! I think as well as the standard storage available I have 58+ houses, many of which are completely full of furniture!!

Edited by freespirit on January 2, 2023 1:41AM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Yeah. They need to up the storage space for non-subscribers. And then ofc continue to let that be doubled for Plus. Right now, the amount of storage someone gets without Plus is totally unfair to the amount of items that have been added to the game. I have played with Plus and without it, and there's a reason so many Plus subscribers would quit the game rather than not have Plus. And it's because the craft bag alleviates what is quite near unplayable levels of bad storage.

It's not actually totally unplayable, but is a truly awful game experience as it stands. And as a paid subscriber, I don't think the game should be awful if you don't pay what is supposed to be optional money for any aspect of play. It's very anti-consumer. The game should be good without Plus and better with Plus. Instead, the no-Plus storage so terrible as to be unplayable to many Plus subscribers.

This is not a free to play game. There's really no excuse for the inventory to be so poor for non-Plus players.

I’d love for storage space to be increased for everyone — at LEAST to 250/500 — but twice that would be awesome, even if it cost Crowns.