The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How did I miss Zenimax unionizing?

f047ys3v3n
f047ys3v3n
✭✭✭✭✭
Zenimax Quality Assurance testers Unionize forming Zenimax Workers United

So, I'm not sure how I missed it, but I guess ZOS QA formed a union earlier this month. From what I gather the big vote by the workers on whether to adopt that unions representation will happen later this month. Really a big deal. There are few unions in the industry and @ 300 people, this would be the biggest. For those wondering, Microsoft's revenue Sept 30, 2021 - Sept 30, 2022 was $203.075B with profits of $138.619B. They are currently paying an effective 1.14% dividend (relative to share price not profits or revenue) to shareholders.

That's the news. You guys have any thoughts?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 26, 2022 8:51PM
I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was everywhere when it happened. Several threads were made here and on Reddit.

I don’t think it will make any difference for them. From the trend in big tech rn, it may actually be worse for them.

But, unionization is sensitive topic with billion of different opinions around it.
    Options
  • opalcity
    opalcity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone currently going through union stuff right now, I say good for them
    Options
  • Ariordin
    Ariordin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unions do nothing but breed lazy workers. Maybe this industry is different than a factory but I doubt it.

Unions protect the workers from owners trying to extort every cent of profit from them by paying as little as possible. Bad unions have hurt unions and business, just like penny pinching suits can hurt a business. But a robust communication between the two parties can keep everyone invested in the product and the success of the business because it benefits both sides.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    As this thread is not about ESO and previous threads on this topic turned into Bashing/Baiting and Trolling, we are going to go ahead and lock this.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.