The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to get less health when adventuring overland?

subarctic
subarctic
✭✭✭✭
Totally boring to be invulnerable when fighting NPCs in open world Tamriel, so it there a way to ravage the health of my overland toon? Any anti-buff food or anti-health drink? Any cursed antiquity? Any disease I can get?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 18, 2022 7:30PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try questing in broken or lower level armor.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does broken armor have the same animation when it procs as non-broken armor?
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you could try Thrassian Stranglers. Don't spec cp and attribute points so you don't have crazy damage.

As Varanis pointed out, dropping armour will probably have a similar effect.
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could also try chugging ravage health pots in combat, but this is easily outhealed in PvE.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrassian Stranglers reduces your health and Pelinal's Wrath deals constant damage, but they give substantial damage buff so overland stuff will die even faster.
    As for food, use the "parse food" or crown drink from login rewards so you wont get max health.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are ravage health pots you can craft if you use a water solvent with various mushrooms or other poisonous flowers (emetic russula, nightshade, stinkhorn, nirnroot). That'll leave you with a constant health degen, which can be combined with 'gradual ravage health' or 'ravage mag/stam' to make it take more.

You can also throw Equilibrium into your rotation to take off 6000 health each cast

Vampirism reduces your health recovery, up to 100% at rank 4. Blood Frenzy is also a toggle that does a constant health degen and prevents external healing.

And of course, using Lv. 1/non set gear and removing food/cp will also make things take longer. You can also remove your attributes and mundus as well.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are vampire skills that use health instead of stamina/magicka. Can make things a little more interesting, especially when combined with the reduced health regen of vampire. And don't put any points into Undeath passive, to prevent being hard to kill at low health as a vampire. Maybe combine with Thrassian Stranglers for permanent health loss + health loss on skill activation + no health recovery + add in under-leveled armor for feduced damage mitigation, etc. You have to jump through hoops and basically kill yourself, though. It is hard to make the overland mobs dangerous in and of themselves.

Might want to use Armory for this, so you can switch from vampire to non-vamp easier, without needing to get cured before doing more difficult content than overland.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    subarctic wrote: »

It's been a long time since I broke armor to check, sorry.

In reviewing older threads, it looks like set bonuses should still work when broken, but armor passives and skills won't.

But those were older, so if works differently now, someone's welcome to correct me.
  • Lephrel
    Lephrel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano Afaik enchantments are also inactive on broken armour.
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO really needs some cursed objects and contagious diseases and intoxicating beverages that mess up your skills when fighting. The overland game now is a big yawn. Extraordinary strange that devs in a large MMORPG like ESO simply don’t understand that many people want challenges when playing a game, including overland.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO really needs some cursed objects and contagious diseases and intoxicating beverages that mess up your skills when fighting. The overland game now is a big yawn. Extraordinary strange that devs in a large MMORPG like ESO simply don’t understand that many people want challenges when playing a game, including overland.

Of course, "challenge" means different things to different people, varying both by skill level and subjective opinion.

Meanwhile, I'm having a hard time remembering any MMO I've played, where the 'overland' was at all challenging once I'd reached level cap + gotten geared up. (And since I never raided, it would obviously have been even more trivial for any raid/trial/vet level player.)

Even in games with level cap increases & gear resets, the new expansions are rarely challenging for raid/endgame players. Because it has to be playable for non-raiders who just have regular gear. (I remember when I played WoW the first few expansions, raid players didn't even start to replace any of their gear until they hit the new level cap of an expansion. All the quest rewards & drops doing overland were just stuff to sell or scrap.)
    Edited by Kiralyn2000 on December 12, 2022 6:51PM
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire stage 4 (no health regen + a lot more incoming fire damage)
    Thrassian Stranglers (debuff will be reset as soon as you move to another location)

There are no overland debuff sets in the game (at least currently). Some sets out there with increase cost of skills or dodge/block, but it's just meh to "simulate" harder overland.

You may want to check this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/590162/overland-content-feedback-thread/p1
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just accept that overland is about the story. The combat has been dumbed down so much for the masses, that you can button mash your way through any of it, even without gear or CP. If you want to play naked with no CP, knock yourself out, I just refuse to deliberately gimp myself in a character building MMO.

This game has plenty to scratch your combat itch, but overland just isnt part of that.
  • rauyran
    rauyran
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use amory stand to remove all your skill and atrribute points?
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First you need to get level CP 160 in order that mobs are the strongest compared to your level

Remove all Skills
    Remove all Passives
    Remove all Attributes
    Remove all CP
    Remove Mundus Stones
    Remove all Equipment
    Remove all Buff Food and Drinks
    Remove all Potion Buffs

At that point you can take one MAX 2 mudcrabs, you will be running around and fighting for your life

ADD
    Thrassian Stranglers (debuff will be reset as soon as you move to another location)

At that point you will die fighting 1 Mudcrab

ADD
    Use Equilibrium as your only skill into your rotation to take off 6000 health each cast

At this point you will die after 2 activations

ADD
    Use a Negative Potion up to max level as Ravage Health potion

At this point you are dead whenever you drink

ADD
    Unbind Block
    Unbind Sprint
    Unbind Roll Dodge
    Turn Contrast/Brightness/Gamma to 0 in video settings

At this point you are Can Roleplay as a Frail Old Blind man who dies whenever they drink

That should take away your feeling of invincibility :tongue:

What I suggest from that point on is your own personal way of Remove all the above mentioned via RolePlay.
    Edited by WiseSky on December 12, 2022 9:11PM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Melivar
    Melivar
    ✭✭✭
    Removing all your CP is a good start and if you're to the point you're worrying about overland difficulty. 3000 gold every once in a while, will be easy as well.

Could also start the day naked and just equip what you find. We often do naked trial runs to add in a little excitement starting with only things we find in the opening area and loot from mobs along the way.
  • Cazador
    Cazador
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always use an armory slot that has no cp, mundus or gear saved. Also, just use generic found weapons and armor.
    Edited by Cazador on December 12, 2022 10:29PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be a stage 4 vampire, use blood for blood as your spammable. Also use frenzy, it ups your power while damaging your health.

Don't equip gear, or equip gear that's not good at fighting. A stealth build is nice because you can skip a lot of trash packs.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 12, 2022 11:33PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to echo what others have said

broken armor still can proc sets, but provides no armor value and no enchantment value
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    First you need to get level CP 160 in order that mobs are the strongest compared to your level

Remove all Skills
    Remove all Passives
    Remove all Attributes
    Remove all CP
    Remove Mundus Stones
    Remove all Equipment
    Remove all Buff Food and Drinks
    Remove all Potion Buffs

At that point you can take one MAX 2 mudcrabs, you will be running around and fighting for your life

ADD

At that point you will die fighting 1 Mudcrab

ADD
    Use Equilibrium as your only skill into your rotation to take off 6000 health each cast

At this point you will die after 2 activations

ADD
    Use a Negative Potion up to max level as Ravage Health potion

At this point you are dead whenever you drink

ADD
    Unbind Block
    Unbind Sprint
    Unbind Roll Dodge
    Turn Contrast/Brightness/Gamma to 0 in video settings

At this point you are Can Roleplay as a Frail Old Blind man who dies whenever they drink

That should take away your feeling of invincibility :tongue:

What I suggest from that point on is your own personal way of Remove all the above mentioned via RolePlay.
    This made me laugh, thank you :relieved:

• subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the fastest way to break armor?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a spare armory slot you could strip out all your CP, attributes and skills, save the blank build, then see whats the minimum you can get by using. No CP is a good start (or only non-combat bonuses from the green tree). Maybe no passive skills or at least none that help your defence, and obviously no attribute points into health and no food/drink buffs.

With the armoury it's easy to switch between that and a "full" build when you need one, which is why I think this is the best starting point. You could also make a set of level 1 armour with no enchantments, but then you need inventory space for a second set.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • subarctic
    subarctic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have managed to self-sabotage myself, so that overland fights against 3 normal NPCs forces me to pay (slight) attention to the game, but the problem is that my companions are too strong. I have to give Bastian only a single skill or he will make fights too boring. Really sad that developers have deliberately made overland fights extremely boring. Most video games have different difficulty modes. That makes them fun. ESO has one overland mode: ultra-mega easy. No wonder that many quit ESO.