The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quests not rotating???

Tyralbin
Tyralbin
✭✭✭✭
Anybody elses' Fighters, Mages and Undaunted guild quests bugging out?

I seem to occasionally be getting the same quests on the following day.

Looks like the rotation sometimes fails.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 6, 2022 4:52AM
Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't do any of those very often, but I've noticed the same thing with the New Life and Jester's festival quests, which are the only daily quests I do on a regular basis.

Last year I had to accept and then abandon War Orphan's Sojourn every day to get something else, and about 1/2 the time the second quest was Mud Ball Merriment. The Jester's Festival only has 3 rotating quests (the pranks, from Soars-in-Laughter) but I was getting the slime prank every single day and again had to abandon it to get something different.

I don't know if the same thing will work with the normal daily quests though, since those are restricted to 1 per day I'm not sure if accepting and then abandoning it would count as a kind of completion and stop you getting another one.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think much of it at the time, but I have noticed some weirdness sometimes.

I'm doing the Jee-Lar quests on my main (shudder), and I feel like sometimes I get some two or three days apart instead of six. I always just chalked that up to me losing track of the days because, well... it's Jee-Lar and besides since the pandemic all of my days have kinda bled into each other.

But during the Skyrim event, I definitely noticed something strange. I had two alts who I was doing zone completion (tracking with the Character Zone Tracker addon) along with their dailies, so they only had the bosses/delves maked complete as they did the daily quests. I got 5 of them no problem (both were oddly on the same rotation), but on the day that both should have gotten Hordrek and Chillwind, I didn't get it for either. Notably, one of them got the quest from the day before, and the other got something else. The next day, they were both back to the same rotation they had for the first 5 days. Day 12 of the event did give both Hordrek/Chillwind like expected though.
    Options
  • Tyralbin
    Tyralbin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup just happened again got Auridon dolmens and the Rivenspire quests.

Those I got yesterday and again today.
    Live a little love a lot send all your gold to this Imperials pot.
    Options