Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

How to play ESO casually?

Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
✭✭✭✭✭
I am completing every new chapter for a week, and a little less for q4 dlc`s. I play with my bf instead, we read every dialogue, every option, every note. We also carefully study each new dungeon at the start. We even read lore books separately on the site, because we don’t have time to find all of them in the game. And what next? We have furnished houses that we are completely satisfied with and we do not need more. What's next? What else can we do?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 2, 2022 4:27PM
PC/EU
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alts! Try another class, another resource type, different gear. I'd say different quest choices too but those do not have an impact, really.
    PC-EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can do so only that much, after everything is explored and you're well versed in the game only activities you can potentially do daily are pvp, repeatable quests, housing or dungeons / trials. For me it's the last bit currently, dlc HM dungeons once a week with same group. There's not much to do really nowadays apart from it for me.

If eso stays in this current state for so long I'd just delete one of my characters and replay base game stories and dlc's up to Summerset or Murkmire before ending this mmo line.
  • UnabashedlyHonest
    UnabashedlyHonest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am completing every new chapter for a week, and a little less for q4 dlc`s. I play with my bf instead, we read every dialogue, every option, every note. We also carefully study each new dungeon at the start. We even read lore books separately on the site, because we don’t have time to find all of them in the game. And what next? We have furnished houses that we are completely satisfied with and we do not need more. What's next? What else can we do?

Time to run vet dlc dungeons, vet trials and PvP.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe level up skill lines like antiquities etc. if you have not
  • Gabriel_H
    Gabriel_H
    ✭✭✭

Achievements. Antiquities. Popular dailies. Fishing. Tribute. Stickerbook. Public dungeon collectibles. Furniture farming.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also start over on the other regional server. No CPs, no gifts or shared bank slots, totally from scratch. Just remember that crowns are not duplicated so what you spend in the crown store on one server will not appear on the other server although the spent crowns will be gone on both servers. Purchased content like chapters will be on both servers, however.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you explored Cyrodiil? You could go full-in and participate in the war, although, that is not exactly casual. Or, you two could make nightblades and, at level 10, enter the low-level campaign and explore Cyrodiil. It's a very large map.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    we run a (very) casual guild. For me the days are taken up with map completions, running people through normal dungeons, running people through killing world bosses, etc... then there are Antiquities, fishing, collectibles, etc... TBH I don;t even to raids, vet dungeons, pvp or trials and I still can't find the time to do half the stuff I want to do. I usually end up in an Xbox party just chatting with guildies while each of us does their own thing.

Life as a Filthy Casual is the best life.
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    You can also start over on the other regional server. No CPs, no gifts or shared bank slots, totally from scratch. Just remember that crowns are not duplicated so what you spend in the crown store on one server will not appear on the other server although the spent crowns will be gone on both servers. Purchased content like chapters will be on both servers, however.

how does that work with ESO+, if you sub in NA do the benefits transfer does not matter what region you start characters in?
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO+ benefits are on both regional servers for whatever platform. The rule of thumb, which holds for ESO+ is that things that are purchased directly with rl money, like chapter purchases at chapter release, are applied to both regions. Things purchased with crowns are only available in the region you bought them on.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the big thing for me is collecting stuff

provisioning recipes, gear, motifs, furnishing blueprints

the only one of those 4 im basically done with is provisioning recipes because all im missing right now are the 2 upgraded stupid insanely rare war torte recipes
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • AvalonRanger
    AvalonRanger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think 80% of ESO is casual contents. It's more solo story focused RPG rather than ordinary MMO.
    Most of solo story combat is extremely easy for most of players.
    My playing time Mon-Friday UTC13:00-16:00 [PC-NA] CP over2000 now.
    I have [1Tough tank] [1StamSorc-DD] [1Necro-DD] [1Real Healer]
    But, I'm Tank main player. Recently I'm doing Healer.

2023/12/21
    By the way...Dungeon-Meshi(One of Famous Japanese fantasy story comic book) got finale...
    Good-bye "King of Monster Eater".
  • Hoghorn
    Hoghorn
    ✭✭✭
    if you feel you've accomplished all you want to do right now, come back when the next content patch is released; don't try and force it or you may burn out