The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Treasure chests in dungeons

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Did they nerf the number of treasure chests in group dungeons? I just soloed normal Fungal Grotto I for today's Undaunted Pledge and daily endeavor, but I swear there was only 1 chest in the dungeon. I'm always careful to look everywhere and to take note of each chest I find-- so I don't get the second chest, mistakenly think I missed one because I forgot about the first one, then drive myself crazy going back through the dungeon before remembering about the first one-- so I'm pretty sure I only got 1 chest. And I went very carefully back through the dungeon twice, checking every nook and cranny, every waterfall, every tunnel, under every bridge, etc.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 29, 2022 2:29AM
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think so. I've gone there and found only one chest a few times, so I assume you just got unlucky.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure its 2 chests at max, there were a few times i ran dungeons with friends, and they found a chest that i literally could not see or interact with, so this might have been a case with a bugged chest
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, thanks. I rarely (as in never) read the patch notes in any detail, so I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some change I'd been unaware of. One of my crazy theories about what happened is that the second chest was going to spawn in the same location as the first chest did, or something like that, so it either replaced the first chest or wasn't able to spawn at all.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised that sometimes only one chest spawns or that they spawn out of reach inside another object (I've seen this in the open world on occasion so why not a dungeon).
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure its 2 chests at max, there were a few times i ran dungeons with friends, and they found a chest that i literally could not see or interact with, so this might have been a case with a bugged chest

What, they have nerfed the amounts of chests in dungeons?
    This can't be right.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

This can't be right.

I thought it was 2 chests if you're soloing, and 4 if you're in a group. However, it might be only 3 chests if you aren't in a full group, such as if you're grouped with just 1 other player. But I've always found 2 chests when soloing, although I've often had to search very thoroughly to find both of them.

I honestly wouldn't mind much if they did reduce it to 1 chest when soloing. Mainly I was just trying to make sure I hadn't let some announcement slip by me-- so I would know not to drive myself crazy looking for a second chest where none existed-- and wasn't complaining.
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Myself and my partner at the end of all RnD , sweep the dungeons and it had always been 2 x chest , 2 x heavy sack
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 4-man dungeons have 2 chests at all times, regardless of player count. But, sometimes those chests are well hidden. Especially in a place like Fungal Grotto where there are odd nooks and crannies.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

This can't be right.

its been capped at 2 chests per dungeon for awhile now (there were certain dungeons which used to have tons of chests, like arx corinium but then that got reeled back, just like selenes web used to have a bazillion heavy sacks)

like others mentioned sometimes they are well hidden, or like i experienced over the weekend, can sometimes be flat out buggy lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014