The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need ingame Gamemasters

Ascarl
Ascarl
✭✭✭✭✭
Seasonal quest NPC (Niras Adrays) is bugged and cannot be attacked. Literaly 100 players standing around and wasting their time waiting for something to happen.

Situations like this can only be solved by ingame gamemasters. .
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on November 29, 2022 2:36AM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What else would they do?
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What else would they do?

Zapping bot accounts in starter zones would be ideal as well and essentially a full time job since these things replace themselves as quickly and numerously as the heads of a hydra.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What else would they do?

Zapping bot accounts in starter zones would be ideal as well and essentially a full time job since these things replace themselves as quickly and numerously as the heads of a hydra.

PC hasn't seen bots in a long time. Most die really fast

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixing bugs and banning bots don't require someone logged into the game with a visible character. I suppose it could be a good PR move to make a show of coming to see before they fix it but even if they can make the necessary changes from within the game it's likely to be better to do it once externally than logging into each server (and potentially each instance of the zone) to fix them individually.

Expecting GMs standing around in the game waiting to see bugs happen so they can publicly fix them is like expecting police to walk up and down the street hoping to bump into someone committing a crime. It's more visible but very old fasioned and often an inefficent use of people's time compared to working in a more coordinated way behind the scenes to actually fix things.

I'd rather they just get on and fix it without announcing it than have someone standing there going "wow, yeah I can see how that's a problem, let me write a note and on Monday I'll send a memo asking if someone can look into fixing it".
    Edited by Danikat on November 27, 2022 9:37PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gamemaster are in the game btw. Just invisible, no really. Long ago gamemaster non combat pets were bugged and showing

In certain circumstances you can get a letter from them too. An example is when items legit vanish for reasons called bugs
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on November 27, 2022 9:43PM
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think GMs are here too. Just make a /feedback on it. They took care of it pretty quick a few days ago.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also saw a misplaced asset floating in craglorn one day but an hour later it was fixed.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither myself or literally anybody that I've ever met in the game has seen that 'Z' logo in the wild. I think that it is generally assessed that the program died out like half a decade ago or longer. I have read that once upon a time players would see the 'Z' folk in their daily dungeon groups and in PvP but that all dates to the ESO equivalent of the Merethic Era.

However, re-instating the program would be positive, for both public relations purposes and for additional, ongoing QA. The latter is far more important because the QA system in ESO is... not robust... if the last several years are any guide. It would be nice if those with a more direct line to the actual devs could see how their design decisions translate from their anodyne "on paper" state to how it plays in the real world. This would add a valuable qualitative dimension to the quantitative data that they supposedly already gather.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They exist. I had one yell at me to stop moving back in 2014 when he was trying to teleport me to him so he could try use a GM item to fix my broken Cadwell’s Silver.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they exist. I saw a GM once back in my early round of ESO. Haven't seen one in ages, though.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would love seeing a GM conduct in-game events.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neither myself or literally anybody that I've ever met in the game has seen that 'Z' logo in the wild. I think that it is generally assessed that the program died out like half a decade ago or longer. I have read that once upon a time players would see the 'Z' folk in their daily dungeon groups and in PvP but that all dates to the ESO equivalent of the Merethic Era.

However, re-instating the program would be positive, for both public relations purposes and for additional, ongoing QA. The latter is far more important because the QA system in ESO is... not robust... if the last several years are any guide. It would be nice if those with a more direct line to the actual devs could see how their design decisions translate from their anodyne "on paper" state to how it plays in the real world. This would add a valuable qualitative dimension to the quantitative data that they supposedly already gather.

That's not true they were doing a bot wiping on EU one year. There's screenshots on forums
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a few back in 2014. One was in a delve banning an army of bots that were standing over a dead bosses corpse just spamming jabs constantly and another was chilling in daggerfall answering questions and chatting in /say.
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    Seasonal quest NPC (Niras Adrays) is bugged and cannot be attacked. Literaly 100 players standing around and wasting their time waiting for something to happen.

Situations like this can only be solved by ingame gamemasters. .

I've seen this occur before, and the solution is to simply get into a new instance. For whatever is bugging the NPC it's linked to that instance. I've simply gone away from the zone and come back a bit later, or re-logged. It has always worked when bosses aren't respawning, can't be attacked, or glitched world events like Harrowstorms.

My recommendation is to put in a proper bug report and then don't waste your time standing around; change instances.
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What else would they do?

That’s cool for PC. I play on console and we’re plagued with them, surprisingly enough.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What else would they do?

That’s cool for PC. I play on console and we’re plagued with them, surprisingly enough.

Don't worry this why PC has terrible encomony now. I almost miss the bots so grass isn't always greener
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with them appearing in game is chat blows up with all kinds of hate towards them as if everything in the game the player doesn't like is their fault. Would see them around from time to time early in game and it always got ugly in chat.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    Back at lunch they had a GM antibody he use to go to zones and ask players to show where bot's are at.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What else would they do?

[snip]

I am on console too and I have never seen a bot outside of anywhere but the 3 starting islands, which of course are pretty much the best place to farm mats.
    Thing is with console I don't think they will ever be able to get rid of bots simply because anyone who owns a console and ESO on their main account can then make a second account on their console at any time, then use remote play to macro a farming run.
    ESO devs cannot counter this because they can't get PSN/XBL accounts banned themselves, they can only ban the bot accounts from the server, which will just pop back up straight away with a new account.
    On PC you either have the OG client or the steam client to play so getting banned means having to buy the game again (not that hardcore botters mind doing that)

[snip]
    [edited for conspiracy theory/misinformation & discussing disciplinary action]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 28, 2022 7:25PM
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Lol

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 28, 2022 7:27PM
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    What else would they do?

[snip]

I am on console too and I have never seen a bot outside of anywhere but the 3 starting islands, which of course are pretty much the best place to farm mats.
    Thing is with console I don't think they will ever be able to get rid of bots simply because anyone who owns a console and ESO on their main account can then make a second account on their console at any time, then use remote play to macro a farming run.
    ESO devs cannot counter this because they can't get PSN/XBL accounts banned themselves, they can only ban the bot accounts from the server, which will just pop back up straight away with a new account.
    On PC you either have the OG client or the steam client to play so getting banned means having to buy the game again (not that hardcore botters mind doing that)

[snip]

That's an entertaining theory but you need to remember the 'starter islands' are no longer where most new players start, the tutorial is designed to funnel you into the newest chapter you own. Even if you only own the base game you're encouraged to pick Vvardenfell instead of those islands. [snip]

It's more likely botters go there because the nodes are the same as anywhere else but there's fewer players so there's less competition and less risk of being reported.

(Also when I did a free trial of another MMO and didn't see anyone for almost an hour that didn't put me off, I expected starter maps to be quiet. What did put me off was when I finally found other people the only thing they'd say was 'please leave' because I was standing too close to 'their' grind spot, and when I got to a town - in a starter map - I was told I shouldn't speak unless I had something to sell and low level players have nothing worth selling so I shouldn't speak at all. Even though high level players wouldn't be around and the game had seperate say and trade chat channels. That wasn't the whole reason I didn't get past the free trial, but it certainly didn't help.)

[edited for conspiracy theory & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 28, 2022 7:29PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What else would they do?

Play ToT until someone comes to them with a problem...
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's this? There are GAMEMASTERS? I've NEVER seen one in all the time I have been playing this game (Since BETA) . . Well, it seems you do live and learn. . . . . .
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I'm reading here certainly solidifies the notion that Gamemasters once existed but that they have since moved on to the realm of mythology.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are probably just invisible but in-game.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What else would they do?

Zarborough was a legendary WoW GM back in the early days and banned many bot accounts.

lPwzU2Q.png

Nowadays I think MMO's have invisible GM's because showing up in game isn't ideal, nor is it really needed.
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, there's always a chance of a Lord British scenario where the GM could die on accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Iww-cu1qds&t=179s
    Edited by SkaraMinoc on November 28, 2022 7:27PM
    PC NA
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've only seen a GM once in 8 years, it was in Rivenspire in 2014 at the stables wearing a full set of veteran Imperial armor. Apart from that, Gamemasters are mythical creatures like the Sasquatch that one often wonders about but never actually comes across in the wild.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post