The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Did i reach my endgame!?

blue_peaceful_Manticore
befoure Oaeknsoul: "LFM DD for vSS HM"
  • Can i join? (me)
  • -Your parse is? (Leader)
  • 70k +/- (me, very bad rotations)
  • -Sorry, not enought damage (Leader)

After Oaeknsoul: "LFM DD for vSS HM"
  • Can i join? (me)
  • -Your parse is? (Leader)
  • 90k +/- (me, one bar build)
  • -Sorry, not enought damage, go and learn rotation (Leader)

So... unless we have 130k++ no Hard Mode for us.

Did i reach my endgame!? i mean... there's mutch more to do... but no more damage!!!

Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 27, 2022 11:16AM
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Using oakensoul doesn't magically fix your rotation, missed LAs and weaving averages. So yeah, "learn rotation" still aplies. Not to mention that Oaken may be fine in solo or pugs but most of its buffs get useless in trial groups since you get those buffs from healers and tanks.

I can agree that dps requirements are sometimes high but tbh it's better to have capable DDs able to burn adds in vSS HM rather than wipe for 2 hours and get nowhere near the boss kill.

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 27, 2022 11:16AM
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game difficulty balance is very, very weird. Most of content is boringly too easy (overland), there are some veteran content with much harder stuff (comparing to overland) and then there are some vet trials and HMs, which are impossible for 95% of players.

Game doesn't prepare players for higher difficulty, there are not learning curve with difficulty ladder. There is easy "what do you want" overland and than is kick in your face. Player can take time to make meta build, adjust skills, learn rotation - but game itself don't encourage to it. You have to learn outside game (mostly websites with tips) and than spent time with dummy which is not fun at all.

Most players fear harder content and don't even try or are not prepared at all for it. It's really bad game design and something should be done.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good example of why I don't bother with group stuff, gatekeeper "leaders" telling you how to play, or that you're not "good enough" to join their little groups. (@ OP)
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • blue_peaceful_Manticore
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

English > Players Helping Players

...... omg! lol! Can anyone help me reach 130k with Oakensoul?
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    90k is fine for vSS HM, I’m assuming the group leader doesn’t know you use oakensoul so I don’t know what’s up with them (I guess wanting to get a fast as possible run done but dummy parse =/= content parse and someone can just lie…). However, not sure how high oakensoul parses in-content (I’ve heard it’s great for AS though?). People may claim you need to not use oakensoul but dps is dps, if it works, it works… just don’t use it in Cloudrest.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks man try not to let it get you down. I've been playing for about 5 years I think, consider myself pretty good at the game, but focus on pvp. So I feel like I can sympathize with you. Kinda hurts the ego to admit, but I am also excluded from some activities that would be fun. I'm sure you parse way higher than me.

Have you considered putting your own groups together out of your guilds or friends list? You don't actually need that much dps if you understand the mechanics do you? A bunch of you doing 90k would probably be sufficient as long as you were all prepared for the longer fight?

Also, have you thought about tanking or healing instead? While they also have important jobs to do they are in greater demand and have no "test" they have to pass. It may be enough for you to just throw on some group buff sets and tank.
    Edited by OBJnoob on November 27, 2022 3:08PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnKor wrote: »
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

English > Players Helping Players

...... omg! lol! Can anyone help me reach 130k with Oakensoul?

You wont. 130k requires perfect rotation with double bars.
    Soarora wrote: »
    90k is fine for vSS HM, I’m assuming the group leader doesn’t know you use oakensoul so I don’t know what’s up with them (I guess wanting to get a fast as possible run done but dummy parse =/= content parse and someone can just lie…). However, not sure how high oakensoul parses in-content (I’ve heard it’s great for AS though?). People may claim you need to not use oakensoul but dps is dps, if it works, it works… just don’t use it in Cloudrest.

why not? yes, i use one bar + Oakensoul
    bcg1s3vm0j41.png

And i really dont understand.
    Many people talk aboutparses and etc....
    It's true you can parse many more with 2 bars. True! I know people with 130k in parse...
    But in real trial... they have 90k (130k parse)
    I have 75k (90k parse)

How can it be bad? I don't understand it
    Edited by blue_peaceful_Manticore on November 27, 2022 4:18PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

bcg1s3vm0j41.png

It's true you can parse many more with 2 bars. True! I know people with 130k in parse...
    I have 75k (90k parse)

75k in-content is great as far as I’m concerned. Definitely enough for HM.

As for Cloudrest, congratulations on your clear. I say not to use it in Cloudrest because of Relequen. His mechanic is a curse on one of your bars and you have to swap bars or else you’re going to kill everyone. I assume having Oakensoul doesn’t make you immune to getting that mechanic.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore

bcg1s3vm0j41.png

I have 75k (90k parse)

75k in-content is great as far as I’m concerned. Definitely enough for HM.

As for Cloudrest, congratulations on your clear. I say not to use it in Cloudrest because of Relequen. His mechanic is a curse on one of your bars and you have to swap bars or else you’re going to kill everyone. I assume having Oakensoul doesn’t make you immune to getting that mechanic.

it makes. I get no blue warning at all
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No it doesnt.
    You were just lucky you didn't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOUSeWf285s

And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
    thorwyn wrote: »
    No it doesnt.
    You were just lucky you didn't get it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOUSeWf285s

ok. i really thought we are imune. Only did vCR 2 or 3 times and never have any problem with Oaksoul.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think anyone who wants to do any vet HM content is better off finding a guild, or at least a regular group to run with. That way you'll find the 'right fit' for yourself. Utra high DPS is (IMO) simply for speed and efficiency, which is different to simply completing it.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game difficulty balance is very, very weird. Most of content is boringly too easy (overland), there are some veteran content with much harder stuff (comparing to overland) and then there are some vet trials and HMs, which are impossible for 95% of players.

Game doesn't prepare players for higher difficulty, there are not learning curve with difficulty ladder. There is easy "what do you want" overland and than is kick in your face. Player can take time to make meta build, adjust skills, learn rotation - but game itself don't encourage to it. You have to learn outside game (mostly websites with tips) and than spent time with dummy which is not fun at all.

Most players fear harder content and don't even try or are not prepared at all for it. It's really bad game design and something should be done.

This is a fantastic point.
    Me myself while I have learned DPS role an rotations before, I have never tried to DD, doing weaving, which is an actual exploit just seems stupid to me. I am a tank main anyway, but they I have an even harder issue finding groups.
    Still it is the weak other content that is the annoying thing that wont encourage me to learn a DD role. If there was some actual decent content for solo playing then I would learn to DD.
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    And that is why you join a guild. and play and progress through content together.

Most guilds require only like 80k dps parses for veteran trials. which really isn't hard to do.
    I obtained that with 4 year outdated gear & build and being 29% too slow with my light attacks.

People also forget that parses =/= actual dps.

People use different gear, different skill setup and even different food for parses. if someone does 130k dps on parses in reality they often do around 35k-60k single target dps in actual content.
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

\but they I have an even harder issue finding groups.\

And that's why ESO really need to start a Trial-finder much like a dungeon finder. most other mmo's have it. and it works great there. and it would bring more activity to ESO.