Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is nightblade still fun after so many years???

Sparxlost
Sparxlost
✭✭✭
^
y
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's a mystery to me right now how we are supposed to know what you enjoy doing
  • Sparxlost
    Sparxlost
    ✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    it's a mystery to me right now how we are supposed to know what you enjoy doing

why not just ask
    [snip]
    [edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 26, 2022 11:52AM
  • Kng_Ayumayuma
    Kng_Ayumayuma
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the OP was asking if its still fun for you.

It's still fun for me but not in the daytime.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings, as we've removed a few non-constructive comments, please remember that while it’s all right to disagree or even debate with each other, provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    Staff Post
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade has been fun for years but it has lost a lot of its identity especially when playing the assassin style in PvP as most players are better off running two handed as opposed to using assassination skills.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that Nightblades suffer the most from Stealth gameplay in ESO not being a real Stealth gameplay. That hampers the experience as a stealth class considerably.

For example we cannot inflict considerable stealth damage on Bosses and they are immune to stun. Fast and silent movement is generally not necessary, because the detection radius is so small that you can walk by everything and not be attacked.

In PvP everything is tried to not make stealth OP, which I understand. But this balance is struck at the cost of the PvE experience.

So yeah, Nightblade is fun, but not because it is stealthy.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really. For me some of the problem is one the lack of in stealth gap closing tools. The gap closers shouldn’t pull the class out of stealth; it would be better if they didn’t do damage but buffed outgoing damage for a few seconds after leaving stealth. And cost much less to use. The class is a “stealth” class with mediocre in and out tools.

The other problem I have with the class is other than going invisible at will it has no real identity when it comes to damage types. The dk’s poison tool kit outperforms the “assassin architype”. I would expect the nightblade’s master assassin passive for example allowed weapon poisons to apply 100% of time and do increased damage.

Then there is the issue with your own dot effects pulling you out of stealth, my question is why? With so many counters all ready to alpha strikes and stealth, why add this? It limits nightblade playstyles unlike other classes. I mean really what other class gets punished for using a damage type?

Then there is the whole thing where the devs kind of fixed the class when it came to filling the tanking role but then instead of fixing the last standing issue which was improving the function of bolstering darkness in end game group content; they deiced to remove functionality from manifestation of terror by removing one of the traps then added an unneeded condition to stand still to benefit from dark cloak.

Which they clamed was do dark cloak’s use in pvp, when in pvp it’s the healing scaling linearly from weapon/spelling damage that is the bulk of the problem, with the fact they don’t impose limits on the number active healing effects player can have on them at any given time.

All this for me has basically sucked out completely what little fun the class had left.
  • Foxtrot39
    Foxtrot39
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me yes (for non PVP activities)

Im still bugged that consuming darkness is still a crap ult with a mediocre damage morph

invisibility + blade of woe make for some good assassin RP bonus for using the CP star to be able to chain kill with it

Despite having 0 group utility you have potent burst heals as healer with a "from 0 to 100%" AOE healign ult, and big chonker heal with healthy offering and AOE HoT with refreshign path

As NB tank I enjoy the tank/healer hybrid I made and perform decently in DLC vet trials

Regarding DD, I kinda dumped it when I wasn't enjoying at all the meta rotation to reach good dps but since it was years ago it prolly changed 15 time again
    Edited by Foxtrot39 on November 29, 2022 8:54PM