The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Item Set Competition

ESO_Nightingale
ESO_Nightingale
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone! i decided to host a friendly set designing "competition" because i'm kinda bored and i think it'd be a fun excercise. i think it'd be cool if zos hosted their own official set design competitions with the winner's reward being the set being included in the game. if this goes well i think i'd like to do several themed themed ones a couple times a year. there's a lot of conditional effects and rules that are included, and i simply cannot add them all into this template guide, however, i think i'm giving you a good base template to work with. if you have a complex effect in mind, please read the wording of existing item sets on https://eso-sets.com/ and try to copy it in order to achieve as realistic of an item set as you can think of.
Any joke item sets that don't actually have a legitimate/tangible gameplay function go against the spirit of this activity.

here's a template of the type of submission i'm looking for.

*Item Set Name*
*Location (Trial, PvP, Dungeon, Craftable, Overland, Mythic, Arena) Set*

5 Piece Item set
  • (2 Items):
  • (3 Items):
  • (4 Items):
  • (5 Items):

Monster/Weapon Item set
  • (1 Item)
  • (2 Items)

Mythic Item set
  • (1 Item)

Further Discussion (lore and/or the design decisions):

NOTES FOR CRAFTING

Please note when crafting your submissions, to not list specific numerical bonuses such as "Deals 5234 Flame Damage", alternatives for numbers will be listed in the "how to build your submission section". The reason for this is because we will not know if the number accounts for any kind of scaling, and different scaling might be used between different people, causing confusion. there are 2 execptions to this rule.
Firstly, percentage based scaling. such as "increases the damage of this effect by 5%" as that scaling is much easier to read if we are all on the same page with power.
Lastly, Durations of effects.

How to build your submission:

Supplementary Pieces
Supplementary pieces are bonuses that are standardised across all item sets. they're usually the 2-4 piece bonuses on 5 piece item sets. they're also the 1 item piece bonus on monster and weapon item sets.

Supplementary bonuses include:
Maximum Magicka
Maximum Stamina
Maximum Health
Magicka Recovery
Stamina Recovery
Health Recovery
Penetration
Critical Chance
Healing Done
Healing Taken
Weapon and Spell Damage
Armor
Minor Aegis and Minor Slayer are also included, however are only availiable for the 3rd piece on a 5 piece trial item set)

please do not list the specific values for these bonuses, just list what they are.

Unique Bonuses
Unique Bonuses are bonuses that require all pieces of the set in order to gain. these are the ones that are the main point of difference from other sets. an example can include
"When you use a Shock Damage spell, you increase your weapon and spell damage by (x)% for 5 seconds". there are additional rules that must be followed with 5 piece bonuses. if they are damaging proc effect item sets, you must add "This effect can occur every 10 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage." if they are healing proc effect item sets, you will instead use "This effect can occur every 10 seconds and scales off the higher of your Maximum Stamina or Magicka.".

You may want to balance your effect, one way is to add a cooldown "This effect can occur once every 8 seconds." is an example on a per target basis would read like "This effect can occur once every 8 seconds per target.".

below is a list of words to use to input at (x) instead of numbers for damage or healing procs

Deals (x) (Damage Type) damage | Heals Target(s) for (x)

(Low/Medium/High)+(Burst/Damage over Time/Burst Healing/Healing over Time)

Damage types include:

Martial: Physical, Poison, Bleed, Disease
Magical: Magic, Flame, Frost, Shock
Other: Oblivion(ignores armor)

For stat Increases you need to state the value being increased/decreased by an amount.

Increases your (x)
(Weapon and Spell Damage/Maximum Magicka/Maximum Stamina/Maximum Health/Magicka Recovery/Stamina Recovery/Health Recovery/Penetration/Critical Chance/Healing Done/Healing Taken)
by
(Low Amount/ Medium Amount/High Amount)

Example filled Submission:

Grizzly Beast's Maw
Dungeon Set

5 Piece Item set
  • (2 Items): Weapon Damage
  • (3 Items): Maximum Stamina
  • (4 Items): Critical Chance
  • (5 Items): When you deal direct Bleed damage to a target, you crush them with the might of a wild beast, dealing (Medium Burst Damage) Bleed Damage and increasing your (Critical Chance) by (Medium Amount) for 4 seconds. this effect can only occur once every 4 seconds and the damage scales from the higher of your Weapon and Spell Damage.

Further Discussion: I imagine this set being used in a forest dungeon with a lot of angry animals. the gameplay purpose of this set is to give bleed based stamina wardens a reliable and easy way to increase their critical chance while also giving them a thematic damage proc effect that looks cool.

Final Notes: i'm sure i've missed out on a lot of information here that may provide critical and for that i appologise, https://eso-sets.com/ gives amazing insight into how ZOS words their item sets. it's a great resource for looking at wording, balancing your item set concepts and also seeing what has already been created. have fun! i'll try to respond with what i think about any submissions provided that they're legitimately trying to participate
Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 11, 2022 6:54PM
PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Events & Contests section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post