The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

UI Bug, Random Voice Channel (?) Player Names On and Off...

SpiritofESO
SpiritofESO
✭✭✭
Starting this Wednesday morning, I started a new character and while in the Isle of Balfiera I started seeing -- even with Voice Chat OFF -- repeated names popping up in the same UI location as voice chat speakers except that instead of the circle-and-dot "bullseye" icon after the name there is a white square the same size and in the same position as the "name-and-bullseye" icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.

This has continued for hours and my only attempted fix was to repeatedly use /reloadui but this had no effect on clearing the bug.

I don't know if this is a currently known issue, although I do recall that some time ago (beginning of Blackwood?) this same bug occurred.

If anyone knows a work-around please post it, and, I hope, this bug report will be passed on for investigation.

Thanks.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on November 3, 2022 5:20PM
  • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
  • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
  • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
  • "Adapt or Die"
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Update: The bug seemed to have timed out and auto-corrected. Game and PS5 console powered off overnight.

No longer seeing the voice channel "speaker's icons" flashing in lower right-hand corner (with voice chat OFF).

😀
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    *sigh* I was wrong, the name flashing bug continues. I suppose I will delete the game and download again to see if it clears the bug. 😫
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies for bumping this post, but I wanted to tell any persons who get "voice channel icon bugs" (chat names flashing when you are NOT in any voice channel) that I found a fix which was recommended by an Official ESO Article about "Voice Channel LUA errors."

{Note: the player names that were flashing were actually NOT online but had recently -- within an hour -- been online.)

The Fix: Delete both saved Console and Cloud game data for ESO. (This may work on its own and you only need re-do your Game Options.)

If the above fails to work then do the "Bigger Fix": Delete both saved Console and Cloud game data for ESO -- AND ALSO -- delete the entire game (in my case both PS4 and PS5), then download and install fresh.

This worked to clear the Voice Channel player voice icon bug -- (the icons that flash in lower right-hand corner of screen when you are NOT in a Voice Chat Channel).

Thanks. Hopes this helps someone in the future.

• "Adapt or Die"
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We appreciate the update that the UI voice channel issue has been resolved. For this reason we will now close the thread from further posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.