Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP Score ROLLBACK REQUIRED - Due to siege bug EXPLOIT and NO HAMMER DESPAWN

Dyngrin
Dyngrin
✭✭✭
ZOS,

If you want to keep half your PvP player base (your customers), then you SHOULD ROLLBACK the PvP Scores as part of tomorrow's hotfixes.

--Dyn
Edited by ZOS_Lunar on November 3, 2022 11:59AM
Grand Overlord Dyngrin, Templar, Daggerfall Covenant (PC/NA)
  • DatRascal
    DatRascal
    ✭✭✭
    I 100% agree so much siege (that won't despawn) is set up inside keeps we cannot even siege keeps since all keeps are at siege limit.

~Cassiah
    Edited by DatRascal on November 2, 2022 12:45AM
    Loyalty is the Pledge of Truth to Oneself & Others
    ~Cassiah Rae Coyle NB
    ~Cassiah Rae Sorc
    DatRascal Stamblade

Member Since February 27, 2014
  • Dyngrin
    Dyngrin
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, the AD Hammer finally went to oblivion. ZOS, you might want to look at that Hammer timer event as well for tomorrow's hotfix patch. My guess is its code and/or timer values are messed up as well.

--Dyn
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭
    They really need to disable cyro or something until it's fixed. It's a slap in the face. How can it be this broken when they barely update anything? I logged on because I thought it would be funny to see, but it's really, really not fun.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the hammer took its sweet time. Everyone logged off because with the sieges being stuck there was no point besides taking resources. I hope ZOS resets the score, otherwise the campaign will be a joke. Still, it was nice to log in just to take some screenshots of the sieges dotted all around the roads.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I think about coming back to this game, I swing by to see the state of things, and decide not to. I feel badly for those of you still invested in eso pvp, but from the perspective of someone who recently detached, this is funny as hell. Classic zeni.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • afkpro
    afkpro
    ✭✭
    it would be nice but won't likely happen. all you can do is try and gate the faction that's taking advantage of it. if that doesn't work, gotta try and block out the trolls when the campaign ends. it's no different from night capping oceanic players. it's bs but what can be done?
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must admit some of the forward camp and oil artwork was "impressive" :D

On a serious note - every faction had the same problems.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I knew the whiners would have a field day with this.

Relax, it’s just one day in a 30 day campaign, unlike the early morning cappers that do it every night.
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asking for fairness in scoring is not a.whine. Excepting points earned by error is disgraceful.
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roztlin45 wrote: »
    Asking for fairness in scoring is not a.whine. Excepting points earned by error is disgraceful.

Problem is DC took most of the map and had Emp for hours using the broken patch, so do we wind the map back to just before the servers went down where DC didn't even have Glademist?
  • Dyngrin
    Dyngrin
    ✭✭✭
    So ZOS,

I see you still haven't rolled back the PvP Scores and AD has 270 Potential Points and Emperor of course. Please explain to me why I should continue to pay for ESO Plus with such poor QA and pitiful Customer Service!?

--Dyn
  • doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    If the map was painted in blue or red this thread would look a lot different imo. Instead you'd be crying foul if they did roll it back. Double standards.

Frankly as an AD player i can sympathize, I open up the map every time I go in to see the depressing state of things and the score being +1000 ahead on DC because the advantage of playing PVDoor when the opponent is in bed asleep is not considered an ill gotten gain or unfair at all.

But when AD finds a way to work around the issue that every faction is facing? that's cheating.
    When AD pushes harder for a win under normal circumstances, that's cheating somehow.
    When AD Wins? people flood our zone chat and campaign with trolls to spew the usual adolescent insults and profanity to put us down, and then complain on the forum to say we cheated somehow :#

AD isn't even in first place right now despite the hilarity that ensued after the patch, i peeked in to check the score 5 minutes before shutdown, and things are more or less tied with some margin in favor towards DC who are still several hundred points ahead.

IF ZOS decides to roll the score and map back? great. Whatever. AD will continue to do the best it can under the circumstances. it was a lot of fun trying to siege the keeps that were already stuck at siege cap. the change of play made for some very unique and creative tactics that forced us to approach things a little differently.

PS the hammer not despawning is bs. it was one of the few things that actually did.
  • afkpro
    afkpro
    ✭✭
    i don't think zos can revert the scores. what might be possible is to reward 1st place items to everyone in campaigns that were competitive. winning by 10k or more is normally out of reach. for example, pc-na gray host dc was winning by 2k. ad took advantage of the bug and had the entire map for about 20 hours and took 1st place. it's not fair at all if dc can't make a comeback and end up losing. in fact, it's bs lmao.
    Edited by afkpro on November 2, 2022 1:19PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who logged in 1st, right after the update was able to keep every keep they took as no one was able to place & use sieges to take keeps & other objectives back. On Gray Host PC EU it was DC who painted the map blue and later on other factions could not take their stuff back. 1st because of the bugged sieges and 2nd because later on there was no one left to play. DC had 2 bars, but they had no one to fight against and soon they were not even getting def ticks too, as no one was attacking, so they pretty much either logged off or started doing PvE stuff...

Probably it won't be adressed, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be adressed.
  • kmarie
    kmarie
    Soul Shriven
    Well said.... And tell me if either of the other factions got the hammer they would not have done the same... in a heartbeat... perspective is a funny thing.
  • SaffronCitrusflower
    SaffronCitrusflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This 30 day campaign could very well have been decided in the last two days due to a screw up by ZOS. The faction that got the hammer took the whole map and all the scrolls with it, then racked up those points for two days while the game clock still ran and nobody could fight back.

That's not how things are supposed to work.

It's not likely that any kind of correction will be made on this front. ZOS has proven time and time again that PvP is not a priority of theirs, and it's becoming less a priority as time goes on.

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no justice in cyrodiil.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This 30 day campaign could very well have been decided in the last two days due to a screw up by ZOS. The faction that got the hammer took the whole map and all the scrolls with it, then racked up those points for two days while the game clock still ran and nobody could fight back.

That's not how things are supposed to work.

It's not likely that any kind of correction will be made on this front. ZOS has proven time and time again that PvP is not a priority of theirs, and it's becoming less a priority as time goes on.

Not for 2 days. Less than 1 actually. Can the hyperbole.
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    You must admit some of the forward camp and oil artwork was "impressive" :D

On a serious note - every faction had the same problems.

have you got any screenshots of this camp and oil artworks ? Im from console and really interested in seeing them ^^
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing about the "Great Day of persisting siege" EP did not take Chalman once, which is in fact similar to every other day on NA PC GH. :o
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Hello!

As this thread has run its course and is no longer constructive, we are now going to close it. We always encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are respectfully stated when doing so.

We do not allow posts or threads that are created for the purpose of “naming-and-shaming” other community member(s). “Naming-and-shaming” is the act of creating a post to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation, ridicule and/or shaming. Generally, naming-and-shaming involves an in-game situation and/or Terms of Service violation, which the ESO Community Team is unable to assist with. A certain amount of rivalry and competitive razzing is healthy for any game community, especially one with PVP elements, but naming-and-shaming goes well beyond that. It typically elevates to a point where the subject feels legitimately harassed. We believe that naming-and-shaming posts and threads can be abused and are very harmful to the community. We also don't feel that publicly calling out or accusing others by name on our forums is in spirit of the game or our community. If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the official ESO community forums.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.