The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Dungeon Finder Broken?

WySoSirius
WySoSirius
✭✭✭✭
anyone else got broken Finder lately , especially if you have companions active ,

mine shows only myself in a location , and the other 3 players level 0 like they offline and no location ??
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2022 5:45PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait until they are teleported in and then go through the group menu and teleport to someone in the dungeon. If you’re the one teleported just wait.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lately? Its been going on for a while now.

If its a specific dungeon you can port into the dungeon.

If its a random, try changing locations. That should allow you to see the party members again, then you can port to one of them.
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    but i invite someone to group as well , and it doesnt work , its a complete mess the whole grouping system now
  • Einar_Hrafnarsson
    Einar_Hrafnarsson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dungeonfinder has been broken for Years. Yesterday My partner and me (Tank and Heal) Waited over an hour to get into a dungeon.

If a DPS leaves a dungeon there is a good chance you will never get another one simply cause the Dungeon finder is broken.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeonfinder has been broken for Years. Yesterday My partner and me (Tank and Heal) Waited over an hour to get into a dungeon.

If a DPS leaves a dungeon there is a good chance you will never get another one simply cause the Dungeon finder is broken.
    Yes, it has so many issues, the shadow queue you was in. If you don't get in at once as an tank, leave and try again.
    You will not loose your position so this works for DD to.

It tend to get more issues under load like events like this.

But the group looks offline is pretty new, moving to another zone solves this.
    Porting in after this still give the random dungeon bonus if group queued for random dungeon.

If you are farming or doing pledges with an full 4 man group I strongly recommend traveling to dungeon.
    It always work and it don't fill up the finders tiny capacity.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When was it ever fixed since zos put in ready check?
  • M0ntie
    M0ntie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been getting more and more broken. The bug where only a couple of people are ported to the dungeon while the others see them off line with zero health seems to happen most times.
    It also seems to not queue people properly - my friend and I waited 10+ mins in the queue for a random normal as tank and healer, dequeued and immediately requeued and it instantly popped. Many reports of people not getting replacements.
    I get a shadow version of the role selection panel in the middle of my screen quite often too. Esc makes it disappear but it reappears every bar swap.
    Way overdue time ZoS fixed it.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WySoSirius wrote: »
    anyone else got broken Finder lately , especially if you have companions active ,

mine shows only myself in a location , and the other 3 players level 0 like they offline and no location ??

In this particular case it's likely add ons. Now there's definitely issues but this one is unique.

Have you updated add ons?

Turn off add-ons and check if issue still occurs.

Group finder has issues but check things on that end first.

• Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the group showing as offline because it failed to port you into the dungeon, this issue is not new and has been around since at least high isle release if not earlier (ascending tide release)

if that happens just message in group which dungeon they are in and manually port into the dungeon

if your in a group with a friend/guild memeber then just port to them using friend or guild list
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    M0ntie wrote: »
    It has been getting more and more broken. The bug where only a couple of people are ported to the dungeon while the others see them off line with zero health seems to happen most times.
    It also seems to not queue people properly - my friend and I waited 10+ mins in the queue for a random normal as tank and healer, dequeued and immediately requeued and it instantly popped. Many reports of people not getting replacements.
    I get a shadow version of the role selection panel in the middle of my screen quite often too. Esc makes it disappear but it reappears every bar swap.

A friend and I have queued as a tank and DD several times. The longest it has ran for us was 16 minutes for a random vet. It's normally instant. If we swap lead from tank to DD it becomes instant again. That's been our work around.

• jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WySoSirius wrote: »

Sounds to me like a daedra plot.

They are preventing the heroes of tamriel from refelling their vile hordes in their attempt to invade our world.

I'm thinking clavicus or mora, just saying.

Never trust a deadra.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A friend and I have queued as a tank and DD several times. The longest it has ran for us was 16 minutes for a random vet. It's normally instant. If we swap lead from tank to DD it becomes instant again. That's been our work around.

It actually seems drastically worse when a healer and tank are queuing together from my experience. They don't like the two together for some reason.
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It actually seems drastically worse when a healer and tank are queuing together from my experience. They don't like the two together for some reason.

It seems that way. That's why we go tank and DD or healer and DD instead of tank and healer. No matter the configuration, we always put crown on a DD so that it queues faster.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While the Finder is always iffy. Having companions out makes it worse.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Dungeons, Trials & Arenas section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post