The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Didn't get any event tickets for killing a boss

Deedleqwerty
Deedleqwerty
✭✭✭✭✭
I had 12 tickets. I spent 10 before doing today's event. I killed a delve boss, dolmen, public dungeon and world boss on three different characters. I did not get a 2-ticket drop. Is there something I need to do?

~Deedle
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 25, 2022 2:02AM
~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
See you in Cyrodiil
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you do the event quest? I assume there is one, I haven't really played this week.
  • langewapper
    langewapper
    ✭✭✭
    had the same thing 4 delves boss and no ticket even a vet dungeon final boss and no ticket
    finally did a delve in stonefals wich gave me a ticket

• whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just killed Salazar's wolf pack but did not get tickets or a skull of any kind.

Edit: Killed them a second time and got them.
    Edited by whitecrow on October 21, 2022 2:59PM
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting plunder skulls, but no tickets. And yes, I did the quest with the witch. I just tried again with another character. Still no event tickets.
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My best guess, and it's unfortunate for you, is that you inadvertently killed something that qualified but either didn't loot or it was before you spent tickets.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    My best guess, and it's unfortunate for you, is that you inadvertently killed something that qualified but either didn't loot or it was before you spent tickets.
    Yes, quest bosses counts, if its has the advanced boss bar delve bosses has and is named it count.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One other thing that catches people out on this event - the dark incursion mini events count. These are the event in base game zones where there's a sound and a small blue circle area that spawns about 3 daedra in the first wave and 1-2 in the second.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems very random.

Yesterday this one used the whistle, did the Harrowstorm daily and still got tickets.
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've played this game for 7+ years. I can assure you, that didn't happen. Thanks, though, for your thoughts.
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for me today. Started with 4 tix. Got the Crow Horror quest first. Then killed a dolmen boss, 'mini-dolman' and WB to get feathers. Looted bodies, got coffers, no tix. Did the Crow Horrow quest and got the coffer but still sitting at 4 tix.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same for me today. Started with 4 tix. Got the Crow Horror quest first. Then killed a dolmen boss, 'mini-dolman' and WB to get feathers. Looted bodies, got coffers, no tix. Did the Crow Horrow quest and got the coffer but still sitting at 4 tix.

I wonder if the horror counts as a boss but, being unlootable, is unable to provide tickets. ZOS should ensure they’re attached to the quest rewards in that case.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a public dungeon boss first, got tickets.
    Wasn't paying attention yesterday, but my ticket total was right then, too.
    (oh, and only used the whistle yesterday, but was still running the buff today)
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I wonder if the horror counts as a boss but, being unlootable, is unable to provide tickets. ZOS should ensure they’re attached to the quest rewards in that case.

Not sure but my thinking is that because of the requirement to first kill other bosses to get plunder skulls for crow horror quest feathers, the crow horror is never (for me anyway) going to be the first boss kill of the day. So my thinking is that I'd get my first boss kill (and tix) before fighting the crow horror.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

Not sure but my thinking is that because of the requirement to first kill other bosses to get plunder skulls for crow horror quest feathers, the crow horror is never (for me anyway) going to be the first boss kill of the day. So my thinking is that I'd get my first boss kill (and tix) before fighting the crow horror.

Yeah, that should be the way it works. But we never really know what’s going on with the code. Any new thing that’s added seems to have the potential to be bugged and to introduce tangentially or even not at all related bugs. I hope they look into these reports of not getting tickets and figure out what’s going on, especially with players who are very careful to loot everything.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 12 tickets. I spent 10 before doing today's event. I killed a delve boss, dolmen, public dungeon and world boss on three different characters. I did not get a 2-ticket drop. Is there something I need to do?

~Deedle
    zaria wrote: »
    Yes, quest bosses counts, if its has the advanced boss bar delve bosses has and is named it count.

As far as quest bosses, be aware that (AFAIK) this goes for any type quest-- not just delve quests, or public dungeon quests. For instance, I got a gold "public/sweeper" coffer in Cyrodiil last night by killing an Imperial Lieutenant in Cheydinhal, since he was the quest target for one of the Cheydinhal dailies. Named NPCs out in the overland can also count, since many (if not all) of them are quest targets for the many miscellaneous overland quests.
    One other thing that catches people out on this event - the dark incursion mini events count. These are the event in base game zones where there's a sound and a small blue circle area that spawns about 3 daedra in the first wave and 1-2 in the second.

Yep, and those, too.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me as well. Started with 10. Did every possible drop (except trial). Never hit 12.... I'm a little butthurt since I'm saving for the pure snow indrik...

Edit: this was yesterday btw. And yes I picked up all my looted skulls, sweepers (random daedra portal encounters too), delve, all of em.
    Edited by boi_anachronism_ on October 23, 2022 9:00PM
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fought 2 populated dolmens, one world boss that was halfway dead and they gave nothing. A full hp world boss that I soloed rewarded the tickets for the day. It was just after 4 pm CET, when crown stores and events reset. Might be related to that, I lost track of the global timer changes in this game.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

~Deedle

I think that it might be over yet or probably there's a new limit of tickets per event. I've been doing it everyday, today I had 11 when launched the game, so I spent 5 before starting to play, and I already finished a Trial and got nothing. I'm still receiving the gold skulls anyway, but seems that they are no longer giving tickets.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I just completed one trial, arena, group and public dungeons, multiple world bosses, delves, anchors and the crowborne. Got all gold skulls but not one single ticket. Meanwhile I was told that some guild members are still receiving tickets. Looks like we have something's wrong with our accounts.