The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

DLC Fishing-Any thing noteworthy?

Blinx
Blinx
✭✭✭✭✭
I became one with the sea, and got Master Angler, so before my enthusiasm fades(which honestly I never thought I'd even bother with this), are there special drops to fish for in any of the DLC, or is it just for the achievements?

TIA
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 21, 2022 5:29PM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artaeum and Summerset have special drops (recipes and motif), IIRC. Maybe some leads, aside from Stros M'kay one
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add to what was said above: the recipes from Artaeum are bind-on-pickup once you open the satchels, but the satchels themselves can be traded/bought/sold so those without the DLC can also get the recipes. Prices vary by server and fluctuate over time, of course.
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffyBird wrote: »
    Artaeum and Summerset have special drops (recipes and motif), IIRC. Maybe some leads, aside from Stros M'kay one

Thanks for the speedy reply, Fishing is pretty much neglected then, so many DLC after Summerset, and nothing?, I'm disappointed, but I'll get the fish eventually

Already have 2 recipes from Art tho, if it weren't for the pickled fish recipe, I doubt I'd be finished already, it helped immensely!
    Options
  • Fenris_Arainai
    Fenris_Arainai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork City can give a lead for a furnishing.
    Glory to you and your Dunmer House!
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Murkmire has a furnishing called Fish, Blackmarsh. It kinda looks like a small shark and is far nicer then the ugly low rez base game decorative fish. It's a rare drop while fishing there that can be sold/ traded.

Solitude has some nice decorative fish traps you unlock from getting the related Angler title.
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FluffWit wrote: »
    Murkmire has a furnishing called Fish, Blackmarsh. It kinda looks like a small shark and is far nicer then the ugly low rez base game decorative fish..
    this looks like something I would want, will be heading to Murkmire once I'm done here at Summerset, ty
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not drops per se but many of the dlc zones also offer achievement furnishings for the associated angler achievement
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadlands gives you the ability to buy sulfur hot springs as an achievement furnishing if you’ve gotten all the fish there.
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find those fishing "achievement furnishings" quite lacking tbh, including the Fishing Vessel (the canoe we got from antiquitys in Blackwood is much better looking imo-they should update it), but that Blackmarsh fish looks nice, if I do catch it will place it above the fireplace in Capt Margaux's Place
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    use that perfect roe on clockwork citrus filet!
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Con wrote: »

I keep telling myself, I'll do it later, but it's a pain in the guars behind to filet the fish, have over 1k to do still...., but ye, they def not going to waste.
    Edited by Blinx on October 20, 2022 1:12AM
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blinx wrote: »
    I find those fishing "achievement furnishings" quite lacking tbh, including the Fishing Vessel (the canoe we got from antiquitys in Blackwood is much better looking imo-they should update it), but that Blackmarsh fish looks nice, if I do catch it will place it above the fireplace in Capt Margaux's Place

The angler boat is quite disappointing. And it really sucks that theres 50-100 different small and medium sized boats that could be added from the base game and they simply haven't bothered.
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7ldof63fmf6f.jpg

caught the fish on 3rd river fishing hole, it needs something behind it to make it stand out tho, nice fish!
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep telling myself, I'll do it later, but it's a pain in the guars behind to filet the fish, have over 1k to do still...., but ye, they def not going to waste.

PC has an addon to help with that, i feel sorry for the console folk though with no fillet the whole all fish lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset has unique furnishing items unlike the kelp and sponges you get in other zones. A friend gave me some a few years ago and now that I’m fishing I am trying the make a list of what I found in which water types since I haven’t found any references online. This is my list so far:

Saltwater: Coral Formation, Ancient Pillar Polyps
    Coral Formation, Pillar Polyps

River: Plants, Ruby Glasswort Patch

I also know the Giant Clams can give furnishing items of the same name (Giant Clam, Sealed and Giant Clam, Ancient) and I think occasionally Giant Pearls. I have found just the Giant Clam, Sealed myself so far.

There are other coral items I have not found, the Coral Formation, Bulwark and Coral Formation, Fan Cluster. I suspect these are from saltwater but I have done a lot of that and haven’t found one yet myself.

Coral, Crown gold furnishing item is listed in UESP as saltwater from Summerset as well and Coral, Sun from Cyrodiil. I have some of each but got them before I started keeping track.

I don’t know if any furnishing items are obtained from foul water and lake water in Summerset because there are so few fishing holes of that type there. I hit them every time I get a chance but there are many more salt and river nodes than those.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7ldof63fmf6f.jpg

caught the fish on 3rd river fishing hole, it needs something behind it to make it stand out tho, nice fish!

There are "blank" trophy plaques in the furniture store that you could "mount" that fish to, so that it stands out more!

Congrats on MA and on catching that thing in three tries!

It is a much better lookin fish then the low-poly ones, gonna have to go get one (or three) of my own now! :wink:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    7ldof63fmf6f.jpg

There are "blank" trophy plaques in the furniture store that you could "mount" that fish to, so that it stands out more!

It is a much better lookin fish then the low-poly ones, gonna have to go get one (or three) of my own now! :wink:

Thanks, didn't know about the blank trophy plaques, will have to check them out later
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset has unique furnishing items unlike the kelp and sponges you get in other zones. A friend gave me some a few years ago and now that I’m fishing I am trying the make a list of what I found in which water types since I haven’t found any references online. This is my list so far:

Saltwater: Coral Formation, Ancient Pillar Polyps
    Coral Formation, Pillar Polyps

River: Plants, Ruby Glasswort Patch

I also know the Giant Clams can give furnishing items of the same name (Giant Clam, Sealed and Giant Clam, Ancient) and I think occasionally Giant Pearls. I have found just the Giant Clam, Sealed myself so far.

There are other coral items I have not found, the Coral Formation, Bulwark and Coral Formation, Fan Cluster. I suspect these are from saltwater but I have done a lot of that and haven’t found one yet myself.

Coral, Crown gold furnishing item is listed in UESP as saltwater from Summerset as well and Coral, Sun from Cyrodiil. I have some of each but got them before I started keeping track.

I don’t know if any furnishing items are obtained from foul water and lake water in Summerset because there are so few fishing holes of that type there. I hit them every time I get a chance but there are many more salt and river nodes than those.

much appreciate this!, and yea Summerset Master Angler took me all day to get because Foul fishing spots are so scarce, found 1 in karnwasten, 1 near geyser by Alinor, and another going inland from Rellenthil geyser near a bridge
    Options
  • Rutger74
    Rutger74
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are some foul fishing spots to be found in the zoo (Sil-Var-Woad ) , southeast of Summerset. :-)
    Options
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summerset foul is horrid because they're so spread out. You spend more time looking for holes then you do fishing.

Congrats on getting the Blackmarsh one!

Options
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I became one with the sea, and got Master Angler, so before my enthusiasm fades(which honestly I never thought I'd even bother with this), are there special drops to fish for in any of the DLC, or is it just for the achievements?

TIA

Congrats on the master angler.
    I too will do the similar thing as you when I become one with the sea, I will do the DLC areas too before I lose my mojo for fishing.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    7ldof63fmf6f.jpg

Thanks, didn't know about the blank trophy plaques, will have to check them out later

Also, if you have some trophy heads from completing 4-man dungeons, if you can find the right size one and just spin it around and sink the head itself into the wall, the back of the plaque would be available to stick your fish to.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, if you have some trophy heads from completing 4-man dungeons, if you can find the right size one and just spin it around and sink the head itself into the wall, the back of the plaque would be available to stick your fish to.
    Great idea, and just what I ended up doing for now ty!c0q1m1jscutc.jpg
    Options
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve found some starfish and a shell or two but they seem to be quite rare. I’d like to use them to decorate my High Isle inn room but have to remember which houses they are hiding in.
    Options
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

get votan's fish filet add-on!

(pls be pc)
    Edited by Dr_Con on October 21, 2022 9:13AM
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

get votan's fish filet add-on!

(pls be pc)

did this on Xbox so no add ons, 1600 pieces of fish to get thru, and the number will only rise, as I'm currently fishing in CwC
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Icy wrote: »
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.

now this topic will be sleeping with the fishes...

Edited by Blinx on October 21, 2022 10:48PM
    Options
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer star chart is really cool, I just got it myself 2 days ago. Furnishing lead that drops from fishing in clockwork city.
    Options
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer star chart is really cool, I just got it myself 2 days ago. Furnishing lead that drops from fishing in clockwork city.

Thanks, I've gotten the Mnemonic Star-Sphere, and left the area once I got the Master Angler achievemnt, I'll prob try for it at some point, but want to get MA in the othrer DLC zones before I lose my fishing desire.
    Options