The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What happens to the next season's rank if we stop playing?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Right now I am Rubedite which means I would start at Quicksilver next season. But if I don't play a ranked competitive game for an entire season would I drop all the way to Unranked?
PCNA
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I am Rubedite which means I would start at Quicksilver next season. But if I don't play a ranked competitive game for an entire season would I drop all the way to Unranked?

I think that it'll reset for all in the new season, even if you end up in top 2%.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

I think that it'll reset for all in the new season, even if you end up in top 2%.

It no longer resets everyone to the bottom rank. What rank a player starts a new season in is based on the rank they had at the end of the previous season.
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @SilverBride, so we just sent your question to the dev team to get feedback. They note that you always drop to unranked at the end of the season (regardless of what rank you were). However, you then are given free wins for the new season, based on your previous rank. So for Rubedite, you would get 4 free wins toward the new season rank.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Thank you.

I should have been more clear in my explanation and said once we qualify we are put into a rank rather than everyone starting over in Orichalcum.
    PCNA
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Thank you.

I should have been more clear in my explanation and said once we qualify we are put into a rank rather than everyone starting over in Orichalcum.

Can I ask you how long did it take for you to get to rubedite rank?

I have just started ToT at the end of this season with 6 days left, i am getting a grasp at how the game works and am winning games just my placements were done when I was still learning, I was placed in ebony and climbed to quicksilver in a few games.
    I don't have all upgrades or decks yet and am still kind of learning, plus I don't know the 2 other decks and have only seen them in one game.
    Anyway I ask because I don't really care that much about ToT I just want the in game achievements and one is tied to rubedite. SO I would like to know if it is possible for me to actually get there before the end of the season with 4-5 days left or is it both reserved for real hardcore players as well as takes a month long mission to reach that rank. Better to wait for next season.
    Could I do it within the 5 days left of the season?

As you could imagine, as time goes on less and less people will play the game and eventually only hardcore fans of the game will be playing, where an ELO hell will evolve.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »

The first time I made it I started in Orichalcum and it took me about 3 weeks playing a LOT. Now we start Unranked and get a certain number of free wins based on our previous rank. As Rubedite I get 4 free wins and then play 1 qualifying game and start at Quicksilver. I'm not sure how many wins or what rank the others start at.

The past 2 seasons it took me about 1 to 2 weeks to get there from Quicksilver.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 27, 2022 5:31AM
    PCNA
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The first time I made it I started in Orichalcum and it took me about 3 weeks playing a LOT. Now we start Unranked and get a certain number of free wins based on our previous rank. As Rubedite I get 4 free wins and then play 1 qualifying game and start at Quicksilver. I'm not sure how many wins or what rank the others start at.

The past 2 seasons it took me about 1 to 2 weeks to get there from Quicksilver.

Ok so if my first time playing I was ranked at ebony (I think that was 1-4 W/L) and I got straight to quicksilver in a few games.
    I guess next season I will most likely get a 3-2 or 4-1 W/L and be ranked quicksilver then climb from there.
    No point in me trying to get to rubedite with so little time left now. Though I am 1/2 way through quicksilver atm.
    Again I only really want it for the achievement, rewards are nice too but I am an in game achievement tick list completionist more than anything and while I do kinda like ToT, it is not the reason I play ESO or MMOs for.

My main concern is that as DLCs come out and go on, ToT will take a back seat and only the diehard fans will be playing it making reaching top ranks even more harder to even impossible without getting good and dedicating big time into it.
    Of course as it is now with high isle and next DLC, loads of people are playing it so loads of opportunities to get free and easy wins to climb via people (like me) who are/were noobs at it.
    Edited by Stinkyremy on October 27, 2022 7:26AM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so if my first time playing I was ranked at ebony (I think that was 1-4 W/L) and I got straight to quicksilver in a few games. I guess next season I will most likely get a 3-2 or 4-1 W/L and be ranked quicksilver then climb from there.

I think you may be placed in Ebony after the qualifying games but I doubt you will start in Quicksilver. With a 4 win, 1 loss I was placed in Quicksilver 2 seasons in a row, which is 2 ranks below my previous Rubedite rank.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 27, 2022 5:38PM
    PCNA