The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thoughts on the Bonus Event after Heroes of High Isle?

Maitsukas
Maitsukas
✭✭✭✭✭
The Explorer's Celebration may occur after Heroes of High Isle concludes on Tuesday and I want to know your thoughts on it. Please keep everything on topic of the Events.

vtxzqzdc7hhf.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on October 9, 2022 1:44AM
PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we had it at least twice already, it mainly adds double drops from resource nodes.
    Duration was also in the past extended by specific tasks, like now the vents, but I don't remember the details.
  • markulrich1966
    markulrich1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Maitsukas
    Maitsukas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we had it at least twice already, it mainly adds double drops from resource nodes.
    Duration was also in the past extended by specific tasks, like now the vents, but I don't remember the details.

I know about that, just wondering what everyone else thinks about the Event occuring a special challenge reward again.
    PC-EU @maitsukas

Posting the weekly Infinite Archive vendor updates.

Also trying out new Main Quests, Companions, ToT decks, Events and Styles on PTS.
  • Natakiro
    Natakiro
    ✭✭✭
    I'm farming vents anyway, so it's something I am already doing, which is nice. And they did the same thing with Bounties of Blackwood - it's at least a good way to get extra xp and harvesting afterward from doing other zone dailies and get a change of scenery after farming High Isles for the whole event lol
    PC-NA | Play on Desktop, Steam Deck, VR via vorpX
  • jad11mumbler
    jad11mumbler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The double exp and double nodes are of little use to me and no doubt many long time players.

A nice bonus for newer players though.
    174 characters and counting over 13 accounts.

120 writ certified. 73 at CP rank.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Double resource nodes are always welcomed!

Still, something additional for ESO+ players will be even nicer, or able to trade the salamander pet for another pet of one’s choice.
    Edited by SammyKhajit on October 8, 2022 10:37AM
  • MaraxusTheOrc
    MaraxusTheOrc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory I like the double resource nodes, but considering heartwood is a mythical item I only hear about in ye old tales of Tamriel, not sure it’ll matter much for me.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they filled up the fake meter for the event too fast, once I got my rewards, what little enthusiasm I did have, went out the window. This "bonus" event will have no bearing on my in game activities, only interested in getting tickets for the pure snow indrik at this point.
    Edited by Blinx on October 8, 2022 2:44PM
  • Dr_Con
    Dr_Con
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fine. Same resources, half the time. We'll never get playstation or xbox botfarm values so it's a good time for people who actively play the game to get these.

Would love a fishing event outside of artaeum tho.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a nice idea but witches festival is already on the horizon. We’re going to get at least 3 events back-to-back, all 3 of which are grindy.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just take the "bonus event" off like I did the HI one (did the pathfinder thing but haven't any interest in the dailies). Witches and New Life will do me for what tickets I need.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    Double resource nodes are always welcomed!

Still, something additional for ESO+ players will be even nicer, or able to trade the salamander pet for another pet of one’s choice.

In theory the double resource nodes are much more useful for ESO+ because of the craft bag. Without ESO+ you are limited to how much you can harvest, but with it you can really take full advantage.

I actually think this is a better reward than most of what we got in the reward boxes. The attunable crafting stations are probably the only I got that I cared about. The gold companion jewelry could have been nice if they gave three that were in the three meta traits (tank, healer, dps). The gear from the zone is essentially only good to deconstruct for a chance for purple upgrade materials. The traits are most often not great or what you would want and with the sticker book, transmuting is not very useful or cost effective.

I've played since Elswyr and even though I don't need a lot of crafting resources, getting raw material to refine for gold improvement materials is always needed or useful (and something easy to sell if not personally needed). As are alchemy ingredients.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^^^

It just occurred to Sammy that this bonus event is a cunning way to get more ESO+ subscribers :o
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if I should even comments on such things anymore, because I barely play.

I didn't go farming even during previous such event, when I still had a sub, because I don't craft much and I don't find long mining/chopping/picking up animations enjoyable. And I don't really need double XP. So (personally) I don't feel rewarded, but I'm also not going to farm vents (boooooooring).

Surely there's enough players who will find it enjoyable and profitable, though.
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never pass up an Explorer's Celebration. Bonus XP and no tickets to worry about? Perfect time to get back to leveling extra characters.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be a good time to work on companions exp
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On second thought - I was forgetting about the double XP. Guess I've got some high 30s-low to mid 40s I can work on.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 characters i need to get to max level and i will never turn down double nodes. Gotta make that gold, baybay!!
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a nice touch. So many people without the chapter ended up locked out of the current event, so it's nice for the High Islanders to band together to unlock something everyone can enjoy.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent. "Events" which offer nothing but duplicate drops are not at all interesting to me. I don't mind that it's happening but it won't make any difference to what I'm doing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 characters i need to get to max level and i will never turn down double nodes. Gotta make that gold, baybay!!

Just to clarify for anyone who doesn't already know-- they're "double-draw" nodes, not double nodes per se.

This is easiest to see with Runestones. For instance, if you harvest a Runestone you'll sometimes see only a few different types of runes with several of each; or you might see several different types of runes with only a few of each-- or something that's in-between those two situations.

Also, if you have the CP passive that gives you a chance for increased yields from resource nodes, sometimes a double-draw node will look like you didn't get anything extra, because it will look like an everyday increased-yield node; but sometimes it will be obvious that the node has about twice as much in it as usual-- or something that's in-between those two situations.

The additional amount from the CP passive isn't guaranteed; I think with the CP passive maxed out you have a 60% chance of getting an additional amount. But with this event, the double draw is guaranteed.

Assuming I've done the math right, and am correct about the 60% chance from the CP passive, during a "double-draw" event you have a 16% chance (40% of 40%) of getting what looks like an everyday increased-yield node, a 36% chance (60% of 60%) of getting what looks like twice as much as an everyday increased-yield node, and a 48% chance (60% of 40%, plus 40% of 60%) of getting what looks like a bit more than an everyday increased-yield node-- that is, the amount from a non-increased node plus the amount from an increased-yield node.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a good event, but I am currently taking a break, waiting for witches festival.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had it before, it's a really cool event, where participation is completely optional (since there's no tickets involved), so if you have lowbie characters you need to level, or want to just do some farming, it's a good opportunity to do it then. There's no downside to it.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Double XP is always nice for a bump to daily random dungeon XP bonuses for CP if you don't actively grind I'm at 1800CP and have 15 characters I can use for randoms or fewer if I get sick of PUGs before 15 :) I'd rather do that to up CP than mindlessly grinding in one spot for hours any day of the week.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Explorer's events are my favorite. Double nodes and exp. nothing to grind. Just play like I always do or don't do.

Stay safe :)