The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I haven't been seeing any zone chat or certain people in my guildy chats?

ellmarie
ellmarie
✭✭✭
Today one of my guild mates was listing items for giveaway in the chat. My husband who was on, saw them, but I didn't. I contacted that person and they didn't block me or anything.
And I noticed that I haven't seen hardly ANY chats ( guild or zone ) much at all since the last update. I've made sure that my HUD display is on, and I am seeing some chat in guilds, but very few.

Anyone else? Is there any other chat setting that I don't know about? It's mostly concerning with guilds that I'm not seeing.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 10, 2022 11:10PM
Xbox X- NA
  • HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    HerrKeinTipp_MrNoTip
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw a thread here last time patching was on that seemed to verify that zones are 100% instanced based around keeping the server's hearty beating.

If you have ever travelled to someone and seen their nametag but not their body, that is the instancing in action.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    Today one of my guild mates was listing items for giveaway in the chat. My husband who was on, saw them, but I didn't. I contacted that person and they didn't block me or anything.
    And I noticed that I haven't seen hardly ANY chats ( guild or zone ) much at all since the last update. I've made sure that my HUD display is on, and I am seeing some chat in guilds, but very few.

Anyone else? Is there any other chat setting that I don't know about? It's mostly concerning with guilds that I'm not seeing.

Test if you can directly whisper someone in game and that they can whisper back.

Also check to see if you can mail someone in game and they can mail back.

If you can then it’s most likely a setting issue.

If the above is not possible then it’s something more serious.
    It’s possible your account was mistakenly flagged for “spamming” and you need to fill out a ticket to get that fixed.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a side note it looks like the servers in general are having issues today. So your issues might be part of a server wide problem.
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I did wonder if it was an instance thing, but still found it weird that I saw absolutely nothing.

Ok, I will try some of those things this morning BlueRaven, to see. Also, I did change my xbox username. So...not sure that would have anything to do with it. But when you said something if my name was tagged for spamming. I had just wondered.
    Xbox X- NA
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    I decided to submit a ticket. I'm linking items in zone and in guilds and no one responds. I'm thinking I was tagged or something. I find this very odd.
    Xbox X- NA
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ellmarie wrote: »
    I did wonder if it was an instance thing, but still found it weird that I saw absolutely nothing.

Ok, I will try some of those things this morning BlueRaven, to see. Also, I did change my xbox username. So...not sure that would have anything to do with it. But when you said something if my name was tagged for spamming. I had just wondered.

It would be your account that would be tagged, so changing your name would not be of help.

If you were trying to sell things in zone chat, some other player may have reported you for spamming (it may have not been malicious), but it does happen.

I think filing a ticket was your best choice here. Good luck!
    Edited by BlueRaven on October 3, 2022 7:27PM
  • ellmarie
    ellmarie
    ✭✭✭
    So.....it was my console settings. Doh! Ugh, yeah. I'm seeing people in chat again. At least from my guilds.
    Xbox X- NA
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Thanks for the update and letting us know it was your console settings preventing you from seeing people in chat. With the issue now resolved, we are going to close this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.