The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Green Food/Drink Recipes from Daily Crafting Writs

El_Borracho
El_Borracho
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I really don't need another Colovian Ginger Beer recipe or a recipe for Hagraven's Tonic after turning in a writ for Hagraven's Tonic. Its the same 6-8 green recipes every single time; often multiple times a day if you do writs on alternates. I assume there are dozens, if not hundreds of green recipes at this point in the game. Why is there no variety or randomness at all when it comes to this?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on September 30, 2022 2:30AM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's because the recipe levels are tied to your craft level, and there just aren't that many. I counted 9 different green food recipes for top level provisioning,and the same for drinks. Although there are a couple of hundred all in, most are lower level items that aren't in the pool for your daily writ rewards.
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Not only to the level, but the race as well I think, or at least the Alliance.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only to the level, but the race as well I think, or at least the Alliance.

Levels (with level being the number of skill points used) 1-3 of writs will depend upon the alliance, Levels 4-6 of writs are the same regardless. Another remnant of the pre-One Tamriel leveling system.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The recipes that level 1-3 writs ask for are alliance dependent, and that is part of why there are more low level green recipes than high level.
    I think the recipes given out in the daily writ turn in bag are not dependent on the players alliance, but I don't have systematic data to support that.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    It's because the recipe levels are tied to your craft level, and there just aren't that many. I counted 9 different green food recipes for top level provisioning,and the same for drinks. Although there are a couple of hundred all in, most are lower level items that aren't in the pool for your daily writ rewards.

They drop on my master crafter all the time, who is maxed on everything and CP1800+. At least twice a week I get Colovian Ginger Beer as part of the Provisioning reward
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They drop on my master crafter all the time, who is maxed on everything and CP1800+. At least twice a week I get Colovian Ginger Beer as part of the Provisioning reward

I think we're communicating at cross purposes? Colovian Ginger Beer is a CP150-160 recipe that will only drop at recipe improvement 6. It is one of 18 different recipes you can get for level 6 writs. While there are a lot of other green recipes in the game, they are spread across the different levels of recipe improvement and so you won't see most of them on your master crafter.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just vendor the Blue and Green Tier 6 Recipes i get. I even have an addon that automatically trashes them, then sells the trash to a vendor.

But would be nice for Tier 6 to get random from all levels. I think the other Tiers need to work as they do currently.
    Edited by Nestor on October 3, 2022 5:05PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think we're communicating at cross purposes? Colovian Ginger Beer is a CP150-160 recipe that will only drop at recipe improvement 6. It is one of 18 different recipes you can get for level 6 writs. While there are a lot of other green recipes in the game, they are spread across the different levels of recipe improvement and so you won't see most of them on your master crafter.

I agree, I just wish they would remove the cap and let all green recipes be available, just for variety's sake. At least then I could potentially sell them or give them to guildies that could use them.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do some of my provisioning writs at levels 2-5 on my daily rotation for the very reason to get the other recipes.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points