The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for, Newest Chapter at Up to 50% Off During the Heroes of High Isle Sale

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
1v3xfryzt9f7.jpg
Official Discussion Thread for Article, "Explore ESO's Newest Chapter at Up To 50% Off During the Heroes of High Isle Sale"

Begin your journey into the Systres Archipelago with up to 50% off The Elder Scrolls Online: High Isle.
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on October 12, 2022 9:10PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Lydawobbles
    Lydawobbles
    ✭✭✭
    Edited because I see it’s on purpose to make console players have to pay more for non CE editions. 😒
    Edited by Lydawobbles on September 29, 2022 5:23PM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin should you be offering the stadia version of eso when Google just announced they are ending the platform in January 2023 and cutting off sales/refunding purchases?
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Stadia gets the discounts for the regular versions but consoles don't get a discount to the standard version? Does our money spend different? Because that Stadia money is going to.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    So Stadia gets the discounts for the regular versions but consoles don't get a discount to the standard version? Does our money spend different? Because that Stadia money is going to.

I guess they have to get those last few sales in before Stadia shuts down? To be honest they should probably cancel that part of the sale.

Source for Stadia shutdown:
    https://blog.google/products/stadia/message-on-stadia-streaming-strategy/
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

I guess they have to get those last few sales in before Stadia shuts down? To be honest they should probably cancel that part of the sale.

Stadia's FAQ says they've shut down all transactions, so it shouldn't matter.
    https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/12790109
    Q: Why can I no longer purchase games? Can I purchase in-game transactions?

A: We have now closed the Stadia Store and disabled all commerce on the Stadia platform, including in-game transactions.
    Sounds like google didn't even bother to give anyone a heads up about this.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Google's announcement said that no more purchases are possible, so the Stadia discount seems extremely weird.

"Q: Why can I no longer purchase games? Can I purchase in-game transactions?

A: We have now closed the Stadia Store and disabled all commerce on the Stadia platform, including in-game transactions."

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »

Stadia's FAQ says they've shut down all transactions, so it shouldn't matter.
    Q: Why can I no longer purchase games? Can I purchase in-game transactions?

A: We have now closed the Stadia Store and disabled all commerce on the Stadia platform, including in-game transactions.
    Sounds like google didn't even bother to give anyone a heads up about this.

Good points and thanks. Zos should still remove the sale text for it from the page :)
  • doabhi
    doabhi
    ✭✭✭
    One might hope ZOS try to claw back some usefulness out of the investment they made developing for Stadia and re-hash the client for the Linux Desktop Gamers among us (or at the very least fork the codebase to tie it in to a linux build), since based on what I've read, Stadia used Linux as its underlying back end and not Windows. Would be a good inroad for them to support the Steam Deck properly for example.

That's not to say it doesn't already work fine on Steam's Proton compatibility subsystem, it's just a native client would likely be better overall and the stadia port probably already saw most of the hard work done.

Alas.. we can dream...
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How would I buy a copy for my granddaughter during this sale? Can I buy it on my account and let her "own" the instance? Something else? She is under 18.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh they updated the website.

Thank you!
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would I buy a copy for my granddaughter during this sale? Can I buy it on my account and let her "own" the instance? Something else? She is under 18.
    Does your daughter have the base game and you want to give her high isle, or are you wanting to buy the game?

If the former buy it on her account. If the latter make a new account and buy a copy on that account for her. If you're playing on the same PC you don't need a second install, you just each login to the same install with your respective account info.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does your daughter have the base game and you want to give her high isle, or are you wanting to buy the game?

If the former buy it on her account. If the latter make a new account and buy a copy on that account for her. If you're playing on the same PC you don't need a second install, you just each login to the same install with your respective account info.

She has her own laptop, which I am hoping will run the game. (Any checker for that?)

I want our accounts to have a connection, if possible, so I wasn't sure if she should get the very base game free trial and then I buy the full High Isle package since it is only $29.99 now.

She does not have an account now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • PeacefulAnarchy
    PeacefulAnarchy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She has her own laptop, which I am hoping will run the game. (Any checker for that?)

I want our accounts to have a connection, if possible, so I wasn't sure if she should get the very base game free trial and then I buy the full High Isle package since it is only $29.99 now.

I don't think it's possible for the accounts to be connected, anything you redeem on your account becomes part of the same account.

So yeah make a new account buy it on that account. You can share a guild to be in game connected.

Don't know of a way to check if it can run it other than comparing specs or downloading the whole game.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it's possible for the accounts to be connected, anything you redeem on your account becomes part of the same account.

So yeah make a new account buy it on that account. You can share a guild to be in game connected.

Don't know of a way to check if it can run it other than comparing specs or downloading the whole game.

I meant "connected" in the term of bonuses I recall for questing together for a new character.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I meant "connected" in the term of bonuses I recall for questing together for a new character.

Pledge of Mara and then group up?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Pledge of Mara and then group up?

Maybe. I just want to have the options. Not really looking at marrying my granddaughter, even in a game though!
    PC
    PS4/PS5