The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

About how long does a Tales of Tribute daily take?

FluffWit
FluffWit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Figuring out how to spend my time next event and I was curious if they'd be a good way to get some event loot boxes? And can I.... errr..... speed the game up by.... not trying particularly hard?

On a related note you do get some furnishings I like for playing- do I have to win to get those? Or play a specific mode?

I've done the tutorial and played one pvp game vs the first random outside the ToT hall that accepted my challenge but beyond that I'm pretty clueless about how ToT works.
Edited by ZOS_Icy on October 30, 2022 6:49PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can check the achievements for what you need to get the furnishings. If you want the trophy furnishings you definitely have to win ranked competitive matches.

As far as speeding up the game by not trying, that is not really fair to your opponent. If you are that new you will be losing plenty without trying.
    PCNA
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do 1 match and it would be like 5-15 minutes depending on your skill level and which decks are used. Play Pelin deck for faster games. You need to win to complete the dailies, so you're probably better off just doing the npc daily. Even a beginner shouldn't have too much trouble beating the novice npcs in a timely fashion.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 27, 2022 5:29AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ My suggestion would be to play a Novice NPC. You can stop and go turn in the daily for a reward as soon as you've won a single match; you do not need to win all three matches. It's similar to a repeatable Thieves Guild job in that sense, where you get a low-level reward for completing the first part, a mid-level reward for completing two parts, and a high-level reward for completing all three parts. I'm speaking of the lock box or pickpocketing jobs which ask you to commit thievery in three zones.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Jammy420
    Jammy420
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Novice npc, otherwise, youll face people who either are fast, or so slow it makes me wanna cry :p.
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matches against NPCs can end very fast while matches against other players tend to take forever.
  • Eric_Prince
    Eric_Prince
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to add my few cents. Eventually (after you complete the story, get to rank 8 and collect all decks), you will unlock Orgnum deck. It's basically NPC killer. You can spam literally one button and win 9/10 games against NPCs, and it's if you're unlucky. In this case one game can last less then 5 minutes. You spend more time porting then playing.

It takes forever to get to rank 8, but you will get there at some point. And by that time you will have everything else completed anyway.

Obviously, it's advice for another time, you won't be able to get everything so fast. But if you like playing ToT, it can be done maybe in a week or so.
    Edited by Eric_Prince on September 27, 2022 11:41AM
    To be the Chosen One really sounds like lots of fun,
    But in the end you'll just be someone's lunch
    (c)
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play a lot of NPC dailies everyday, I actually have 8 characters that are fully leveled but as soon as you've done the tutorial and participated in iirc the first tournament, you can pick up dailies.

If I just do the daily and don't get distracted by visiting guild traders, I can finish one set of 3 matches in 20-30 mins. As someone mentioned above the porting around seems to take sooo long but doesn't really!

I only do npc dailies because I often have to afk and with real players your turns are time limited, npc's are not.

Reward bags can contain many different items but I can confirm npc games can drop the tapestries, I have several of each now. They also can drop purple furnishing plans and motifs, these 3 types of items are rarer drops but as I often play many games per day I see something nice once or twice per day!

Other rewards can include upgrade mats, even gold ones, blue recipes, blue furnishing plans, raw mats, alchemy mats and my fav furnishing mats! I'm sure I've missed stuff but it gives a general view of what's available, add on an event reward box and I will certainly play some matches!

Edit:- I forgot transmute crystals, I constantly hit cap on those now BUT I also have loads of potent nirn! 🤣
    Edited by freespirit on September 27, 2022 1:50PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • MJ202
    MJ202
    ✭✭✭✭
    My experience is about 10 minutes per game, so a daily would be about 30 minutes.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    against npcs, i would say it should take 30 min or less, since you can finish a game in 5-10 min if you are really pushing for the win (like patrons, or if pelin/orgnum is in play)

the novice npcs dont always just spam orgnum for whatever reason, they might for a few turns but they sometimes just stop, since they may prioritize things in the tavern over orgnum, or if you slow them down with rahjin
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

This thread has been moved to the Tales of Tribute section, as it is better suited there.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just saw a notification for this.

It's a month old completely redundant topic. The forums really have died if you have so little to do you're going back 30 pages looking for topics to shift to dead boards.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the mods' defense, it does fit better in the ToT subforum, where it isn't really redundant because it's relevant to people who are interested in doing the daily matches.

As we found out, it turned out to be irrelevant to the High Isle event since the ToT dailies didn't reward event coffers the way the zone dailies did.

The mods' duties include occasionally moving threads from one subforum to another so people reading the forums can more easily find useful information about different aspects of the game.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh fair enough, I just thought it was funny. 🤷‍♀️